Post Lana Del Rey lyrics

Springsteen is the King, don’t ya think?
I was like, "hell yeah, that guy can sing"

why don't you post newer lyrics

I feel so alone on a Friday night

>Niggas better run for cover for real

>I'm crying while I'm cummin'

She's the female Bob Dylan of our generation.

am i the only one that thinks her new album isn't good?

i feel like she lost her stile since collaborating with mainstream pop artist like the Weeknd

it's perfect what are you talking about

its not her old stuff which made me lover her, shes losing her original style

lol ok

It's okayish but only because there's five tracks of shit in the middle. Album should be:

1. Love
2. Lust for Life
3. 13 Beaches
4. Cherry
5. God Bless America - And All the Beautiful Women in It
6. When the World Was at War We Kept Dancing
7. Beautiful People Beautiful Problems
8. Tomorrow Never Came
9. Heroin
10. Change
11. Get Free

With those changes the album is a 7.5/10 maybe even 8/10 on a good day. I love those 11 tracks a whole lot and I think this album was close to being one of her best outings.

But unfortunately those five tracks really kill the album for me. They're such shit.

Still, plenty of good music on this record and I love the direction she's been moving in. Still an interesting artist. Plus, "Honeymoon" is a hard record for her to top I think.

I'm a fucking massive Lana stan but its far from perfect.

Stop being autistic. Its good that artists evolve and change. If she was stagnant, she'd get boring fast.

God I hate this shit. If you want her old shit, listen to her old shit.

>Is it the end of an era?
>Is it the end of America?
>No, it's only the beginning
>If we hold on to hope, we'll have a happy ending
>When the world was at war before
>We just kept dancing

>a hard record for her to top I
honeymoon was amazing
she shpuld get Dan Aurbach with her again (he helped in ultraviolence, and that was a great album)

the only thing i dislike is the production on some of the songs
i really like songs like summer bummer, coachella and groupie love while everyone seems to hate them and wants them to be gone

>If you lie down with dogs, then you'll get fleas
>Be careful of the company you keep

i actually dislike the songs you just listen + some others

im guessing you're one of those fans that only truly likes Born to Die

in this album she uses techniques that remind me of her lizzy grant days. I've enjoyed all of her albums so far but this one grew on me quicker than the past two.

if you always expect her to sound a certain way, you're not letting her grow as an artist. instead you should learn to appreciate whatever she has to offer. after all, Lana IS an inherited taste

yea ik, but i couldn't imagine the album without wm, sb, gl, imf and cwimm it wouldn't be the same for me
but at the end all i really need is get free heroin and bar soo..

the worst, most obvious, blandest industry plant for tumblrinas and edgy baroque tryhards, babby's first alternative bedroom poster-core, overpriced ticket appealing to the teen experience, technically talentless and completely unoriginal excuse of an "artist" i have ever heard

>overpriced ticket
god i wish... she's literally just in ca and the uk kms

my favorite album is Ultraviolence, Cruel World is my favorite song out of all her music

shades of cool, black beauty, sad girl, and west coast were all some of my favs

I agree with this. Honeymoon is my favorite but goddamn do I love Ultraviolence. His production on it was fantastic.

Yeah, the production on some of those tracks is horrible. I really dislike those three you mentioned though. I don't think the styles gel at all and there's way too many producers on them which makes things worse (she brought playboi carti and ASOP's prod on along with hers).

>MUH INDUSTRY PLANT

Guess that explains why she's always fighting with her label.

>hating on summer bummer
wow you suck, mate

Summer Bummer is one of the worst songs she's ever made. It's truly, unforgivably terrible.

THANK YOU!

This artist seems like the blandest musical talent out there today.

I picture the person who listens to this as being a fan of obscure indie rock, listening to Ed Sheeran in a locally owned coffee shop writing stories about depressed teenagers with glasses smoking cigarettes on the balconies of city streets in vanity.

im sorry you dont like black people

>This artist seems like the blandest musical talent out there today.

Luckily she only seems that way then.

She seems that way if you're a deaf retard maybe.

You can accuse Lana of a lot of things, bland isn't one of them.

haha, fuck off.

I mean even not in an emotionless way. I mean, in a boring way. Like the music you would expect to hear being bumped by a depressed feminist.

hip-hop in the summer
what what
don't be a bummer. babe
what what

You fucking black person hater

Stereogum on Lana being "boring":

>I’ve heard people call her “boring” in just about every conversation I’ve ever had about her. But if you tap deep enough into what Del Rey is doing, the “boring”/”not boring” distinction becomes a false binary. Del Rey’s music is about capturing a mood — a complex, varied, cinematically bummed feeling. Her music exists at the place where bliss and dread and indolence and depression all intersect, where the sight of the sun setting over the ocean becomes somehow oppressive and where the drugs are just starting to not work anymore. She’s doing her own thing, and she is doing it exquisitely. If you’re bored listening to her, it’s because you can’t — or won’t — lose yourself in her sound, which is slow and samey and turgid and almost objectively gorgeous. And if you can’t get into that headspace, who knows, maybe you’re better off. Go ride a bike or something.

So... she's intentionally bland.

And she's music for depressed angsty hipsters and teenage girls. Good to know so many roam Sup Forums

black person? don't humanize Niggers.

It's not bland she's atmospheric and what some reviewers call, (though I kinda hate the term) "cinematic" with her sound. It's a different type of aesthetic for pop music.

I'm not saying she's on the level of MBV but you guys circlejerk endlessly about shoegaze bands and other bands that also go for atmospheric styles of music so its weird that of all things THAT is the point of contention.

Not to mention her music is way more varied than people give her credit for. She opens "Honeymoon" with a sprawling ballad. "Ultraviolence" had surf rock elements and was heavily inspired by Lou Reed and The Velvet Underground.

I don't think everyone has to like her music but if you're going to criticize her, you should try to at least pretend you know what the fuck you're talking about.

shes not your taste is what she is.

anyone knows a similar artist?

is it just women and fags in here

"Sometimes I wake up in the morning
To red, blue and yellow lights
On Monday they destroyed me
But by Friday I'm revived
Put on that hotel California
Wear my blinders in the rain
I've got nothing much to live for
Ever since I found my fame"

The way she sings it makes it so creepy and depressing.

i'm neither actually

young girls and gay guys is literally what Sup Forums is composed of

>Blue is the color of the planet from the view above
>Long live our reign, long live our love
>Green is the planet from the eyes of a turtle dove
>'Til it runs red, runs red with blood

this is my first time on this board

I'm a 27 year old (cis)male and I love Lana!

>Oh, what can I do?
>Life is beautiful, but you don’t have a clue
>Sun and ocean blue
>Their magnificence, it don't make sense to you

>I can hear sirens, sirens
>He hit me and it felt like a kiss
>I can hear violins, violins
>Give me all of that ultraviolence

That's obvious.

I like that line too.
"He doesn't mind I have a flat broke down life, instead he thinks that's what he likes about me"
That line hits home because I have a flat broke down life. It should would be nice to have a partner who liked that about me.

>I'm a dragon, you're a whore

>Cause you are unfixable
>I can't break through your world
>Cause you live in shades of cool
>Your heart is unbreakable

Anyone else love the intro to 13 beaches?

>I don't belong in the world, that's what it is
>Something separates me from other people
>Everywhere I turn, there's something blocking my escape