Why do they call this island "England" and the people on it "English" when they butcher the damn language?

Why do they call this island "England" and the people on it "English" when they butcher the damn language?

Literally a leaf.
(you)

I'm sorry I couldn't quite understand you, are you speaking French?

Gr8 b8.

Could of taken you for an Amertard.

All I see is Wessex, Mercia and that disgusting place known as Northumbria.

American cultural imperialism has butchered the language along with afro-caribbean slang from the inner-cities. I'm amazed people are even trying to defend it. Have any of you heard young teens talk nowadays? It's a combination of American and immigrant-speak. And it's no wonder, even our technology comes with American English as standard. Which pisses me off no end. A hungarian's computer with come with Hungarian, so why do ours come in American? It should be a rule or law of some kind that computers should arrive in English (Americans actually have the audacity to call it British English) in order to preserve the language and culture, which, by the way, is dying a rapid death. Does anybody below the age of 40 even use the word 'fortnight' anymore? No. They say two weeks. It's fortnight as in FOURTEEN-NIGHTS. Honestly you lot need to get a grip. We're like totally fucked you know what I mean bro?

Nice bants m8s

Actually, the "English" accent that is closest to what it was around the 1600s is probably the accent of people in the New England and New York areas due to non-mingaling of most races and stagnantation of no-change in most regions. I.e. whites-whites, blacks-blacks, etc.

>mfw the shitty british english will be forgotten and never heard of again
>mfw the limeys will be so upset

thank you based jews for destroying the british language
>Only superior Canadian english should be used in writing and vocab

britcucks are no more

>A Hungarian's computer will come with Hungarian, so why do ours come in American?
England BTFO by Hungary.

>fortnight
>FOURTEEN-NIGHTS
What is the purpose of having such a word? In what situation will you need to say fourteen nights so quickly that it is warranted to condense it into one word. If I want to say "free range egg" I don't get to say frangegg or something retarded like that. And you complain about us butchering your language?

With the exception of hoose instead of howse (for the word house), the Midwestern standard American accent that I have is a lot like Canadian English. Maybe the English that went to live in the New World only left because they spoke English correctly and got tired of the retards they left in England that pronounce things all wrong.

No problem, English is pretty messed up language anyway. We should all be speaking Yiddish and German imho.

Nah you're talking through your arse mate fuck off.

With that logic the blacks should still be talking in obongo.

Here's one example. A magazine is published every two weeks. Person A:"How frequently is the magazine published?" Person B:"Fortnightly" American A:"uhh... like every two weeks man"

Why say "are" when you can say tuches!

They should still talk in Obongo, I live in Queens, New York, and let me tell you whenever me and my Caucasian friends comes across one of these individuals we pander whether they need help or not.

Even though it sounds strange, OP is right. The "Hollywood" accent, the one you hear on tv, is the most clear accent in the English language. Lots of words spoken in an English accent are mispronounced.

Conversation A
>How frequently is the magazine published?
>Fortnightly.
>The fuck are you talking about? Been reading too much Lord of the Rings I see.

Conversation B
>Biweekly.
>Okay thanks.

You are a retard.

How do you figure it comes in American English?
>be English
>get computer in "real" English
>click on "super-de-duper search machine"
>type on hoity toity tipper tapper my favorite foot kicky group
>start playing "fantastic bombastic electrical online contest"
>immigrants come in and rape my family
>mfw I have no face

Wtf are you on about you absolute gobshite, get to fuck lad

oh look a fucking leaf

hiding this faggot thread

>TWO WEEKS
>FOURTEEN NIGHTS

what is the purpose of having such a phrase? In what situation would you need to say fourteen nights so quickly that it is warranted to condense it into two shorter words?

>A YEAR
>365 NIGHTS

fuck I can only imagine how a conversation with you would go down; "Hey guys sorry I'm 698 seconds late I accidently took the long way here and had to travel 1658 extra inches"

>Biweekly
>Oh, so you read Cosmopolitan?
>Yes, this week has an interesting excerpt on the joys of anal sex and drive-thrus
>America

All these British flags in this tread, can't understand a word of them...

LOL

What England """"speaks""" now is actually past generations povertyspeak
Us in America have held the traditional King's way of pronunciation

They've been queened so long they have all forgotten

And now with the muzzies having taken over, hasta la vista old Britannia

Trust me, I have 4 PhDs in history and linguistics

Dude, your people would understand my people faster than my people would understand yours. Because we have a "clean" accent. Our accent is redefined and not based on past trends of bending syllables and tones in words, its English spoken the way it was meant to be spoken.

Fucking kek. Canada proving once again that it has the best bants on this whole fucking website. I got quite a laugh from your post.

> yiddish

Because it's American software/technology

>What England """"speaks""" now is actually past generations povertyspeak

This. Brits seriously think that the English language has sounded like Cockney gibberish since the beginning. It's like 50 years from now on, everyone will be speaking in a nigger accent, and everyone will think thats the real accent.

>Colour
>Sch-edule
Fuck off. Y'all literally made this shit up after we split. You're just mad you can't pronounce R's properly. You know what we do with kids that can't pronounce words with R's in them? We send them to "English as a Second Language" (ESL) classes with Mexicans and downs kids to correct their speach impediment.

Thanks senpai. Nice dubs

Kek

White people in Ohio, phonetically the epicenter of the anglosphere, the accent that absolutely everyone on the planet can understand without any difficulties.

Good try, but not good enough.

Intriguing, doctor.

Goodbye Britannia!
Britannia is dead!
Now just a cuck cuck cuck cuck
Cuckold shed!

the day you invent your own language you can feel free to speak it however you like

I have full English blood. My great grandpappy invented English and taught it to Beowulf.

You didn't "invent" the language, dumbass.

Wew lad don't get your nickers in a twist you slobbering radfem cunt

I'd have to agree. Although Canadian gramar is almost identical we all talk with that weird nasally inflection. I actually didn't even notice it until I was looking up videos on YouTube on how to clean my Sks and the guy started talking and I just knew he was a fucking leaf by his voice. Turns out he was

Bruh, it's the best conglomerate language.

So much good science and anthropology in this thread.

This must be why so many people from Ohio have been selected to be astronauts. If the aliens encounter them, they would be, phonetically, the best representatives of Earth.

>Knickers
They're called pants you cocksucking euro faggot. See:

You forgot northern Irish mate, fuck sake

This. The average Brit is just talking ghetto speak from the 1800's

>speach

Why do so many Americans make this mistake?

The day you invent your own language you can then talk shit about ours but until then fuck off mate you fat wanker.

>This must be why so many people from Ohio have been selected to be astronauts. If the aliens encounter them, they would be, phonetically, the best representatives of Earth.

Not An Argument

This isn't necessarily true. Reading 19th century dialogue will show you that. Listening to the accent in the 20's likewise. I'm from Berkshire and whilst some of us maintain our natural accent for the most part, it's true that we no longer roll our "R"'s anymore. Something that was fairly common of those born in the victorian era.

Most of our young posh folk tend to talk with a disgusting transatlantic accent, thanks to the impure American dialgue they've grown accustomed to. It's a disgusting blend of english, irish and continental. That's what you lot speak.

People think Queen's English is harder to understand that it actually is because they hear it being spoken in English tv shows which have bad sound production and whose actors frequently mumble.

>leaf talking about butchering the language

again, you didn't "invent" the language, you just developed it for a little bit until people spread elsewhere, Australia and the Americas etc...

It's only "disgusting" to you because we don't sing our words, we speak them.

English was first spoken in England, from there it spread out. It was first spoken on british soil therefore we invented it so fuck up and stop projecting shite.

to be fair we're the country that uses "tire centre". it's fucking dumb as shit.

>English was first spoken in England
You're an idiot. English evolved partially out of the Germanic languages. No one just "started" talking in English. Languages evolve.

Well done. You've created one of the dumbest threads I've seen in a while. Good work on keep the idiots busy here with this nonsense.

>they butcher the damn language?
"pedophile" (foot fetish?) -- PAEDOPHILE
"sulfur" (baby's first word?) -- SULPHUR
"labor (muh consecutive vowels be alien runes!) -- LABOUR
"fantasize" (super-sized sugar water?) -- FANTASISE
"skeptic" (sound-it-out, Common Core style) -- SCEPTIC
"fetas" (cheesy plural?) -- FOETUS
"could care less (wtf?!) -- COULDN'T CARE LESS...

>your brain is already dead, diabetic dullard

It just shows how brainwashed you all are to think that American is actually representative of how English should be written and spoken. Honestly, it's only because of the CIA and the military that you're able to claim that. One day your shitstain of a continent will suffer an irreversable collapse and the world will finally be able to get back to having its own cultural diversity and focus on who we really are as opposed to what America tries to make us. Besides, you're Canadian, stop bending over for those cunts, they make you look bad to the rest of us.

People in Georgia sound almost Australian, I'd swear to Kek that half of the UK's criminals were sent there. Weirds me out every time I go there.

"T-The CIA and the military brainwashed you into thinking your accent is the correct one!!"
Jesus Christ, you sure ran out of arguments didn't you?

when that happens you'll no longer be a majority in your country

to be ethnically british will equate to having brown skin and speaking arabic

The accents that evolved in America are a combination of the immigrants' accent that arrived there. Accents in Britain are obviously the correct way of speaking English because they're a combination of the locals accent i.e English people.

If you reread, I said you're brainwashed. I then said the CIA and the military enable you to think that. Two seperate statements, both of which are true.

Georgia was originally a debtor's prison colony just as Australia was a criminal prison colony.

But I read some (actually serious) linguistic research that concluded that the American Southern accent happened because a lot of the time the white southern kids would be taken care of by house negroes. Therefore, as they learned to talk, they would get some of the African accent into their own, creating a new accent of a mixture of regular English accent with African accent.

>wahhh they're making the language make more sense and removing or changing things that aren't wrong or unnecessary!
Stop trying to hold back progress, shitter

>speach impediment
>speach

Haha, hoist by his own petard

You're just a fucking moron. How is changing the word 'paedophile' into 'pedophile' making more sense? PED = FOOT i.e PEDestrian or PEDestal or PEDal

First good post by a Brit in a long time, american has been heavily negrofied last few decades and has become absolutely disgusting to hear.

So could care less is making more sense out of a phrase that is supposed to mean you can't possibly care less?

"Could care less" sounds less harsh than "Couldn't care less", thats why it's said that way. Which is exactly my point, the Britis want English to sound nice, when the Americans speak English the way it's meant to be spoken.

>the way it's meant to be spoken
See;

>Americans speak English the way it's meant to be spoken.

Stop sniffing the glue you found in your dads shed Canada

That's the one on your list that makes any sense

I have never heard anyone say it that way desu

Keep mispronouncing your R's. You can't name one word we pronounce incorrectly.

>>Keep mispronouncing your R's

>he actually think people across the UK pronounce R's the same
>he actually thinks the UK has but one dialect

You're a clown, you don't even know which part of the country i'm from

How about anything with a hard T, you prick? I only talk like that when I've got a cold.

Phodo. I'm sidding down. Bedding money on hockey. Gheddo.

>You can't name one word we pronounce incorrectly.

Oh and on that, ever hear an American/Canadian say "twat" it's comes out as twot", it amuses me to no end.

As a white person from Ohio, I can 100% confirm this.

It's not our fault you sound retarded.

>It's not our fault you sound retarded.

Maybe so, but we were sounding retarded long long long before you, around 500BC or sometime around 12th/13th centuries, take your pick :^)

>Why do they call this island "England"

>American cultural imperialism

I agree with this. One only needs to look at Facebook/Instagram/Twitter to see what kind of shit now being exported.

Oh no, you impugned our honOUR.
:^)
Don't worry, the way your country is headed you'll be speaking Arabic in 10 years.

>Don't worry, the way your country is headed you'll be speaking Arabic in 10 years
And you will be speaking Spanish in 1.

>Don't worry, the way your country is headed you'll be speaking Arabic in 10 years.

How witty and original of you

As a brit, the only way you can differentiate between a Canadian accent and an American accent is that one sounds a little less retarded.

To this day, when I talk face to face with a leafag/burgercuck I can't take anything you guys say seriously.

Now that I think if it though, it's probably conditioning by media jews, because on Europeon television you're always portrayed as [spoiler] Slightly less intelligent than those of us in civilised society [/spoiler]

The only properly spoken English accent is from the west coast of the United States.

>hurr durr everyone in England spoke English the same during colonial times and l the accents just appeared afterwards

I hope you kill yourself

Kek

Enjoy your no guns/no knives you 'civilized' cuck.

>tfw NZ and OZ are probably closer to the original English as it hasn't been watered down by niggers and mexicans

Plenty of legally owned guns in the UK plebian.

Only completely banned firearms for civvies are automatic weapons and anything over .303

You can go out and shoot all you like as long as you're within the law and not putting other people in danger.

We do have a: 'Carrying firearms into shopping centres' restriction though.

MAD maple syrup

What did he say? I can''t speak French.

>No one just "started" talking in English

Canadians did :^)

The chinese picking on islanders again, Who would have thought after disliking japan all this centuries.

>a fucking leaf
>a fucking island

>we should all be speaking Yiddish