Hey Sup Forums my grandfather just died and going through his stuff in a nostalgia trip I found his old finger box...

Hey Sup Forums my grandfather just died and going through his stuff in a nostalgia trip I found his old finger box, pretty much like pic related but it's broken, I guess he really loved to use it, can we have a finger box thread to honor my grandpa?

thats a pretty generic one. heres mine

what's a finger box

faggot. obviously don't know the true monetary and sentimental value of OPs FB

kys newfag

I've never really had a major interest in finger boxes but who knows, maybe this will start my passion for them just where my grandpa's ended

Thanks user, I'm sure my grandpa would appreciate your thoughts

do you know anything about it? did he pick it up during the war or something?

That's low tier as fuck. True fingerboxes are made of wood or other high quality materials. Plastic degrades the true value.

I'm not sure, I never talked with him about finger boxes because I didn't know what they were but I think it's handmade because of the carvings on it, maybe that's what kept him busy and sane during nam

Have you tried the fingerboxes that have various felts n shit inside?

One of my friends's boxes interior consisted entirely of feathers. It felt like a dream. Made of plastic no less, not that I minded since my friend is notoriously cheap anyways.

I fuckin bought a fairly good priced cnc'd one. I fuckin lost it when I got caught for weed bc the cops thought it was some drug shit. I'm pretty bummed, but it's cool to see some og ones

>Plastic

AbsolutelyDisgusting.jpeg

Literally looks like trash.

Rip grandpa user
I love collecting finger boxes

shit man I'm glad he had something to keep his mental faculties in order during that shitstorm. funny enough my dad did the same thing. he said all he had over there was his m16, his sidearm and his fingerbox. thank God for them or we probably wouldn't be here my man.

>Three Holes

Thanks user, I remember the first time my grandpa picked up a digital one, he looked so intrigued at first but he later picked up the old one again haha

Actually lost my girlfriend of 5 years over one of these. I used the thing so damn much that it literally tore us apart. The last time I used one was about 3 months ago but I moved house and it got lost in transit. I took this as a sign to give up the finger box life. Who knows maybe one day I'll go out and find a nice maple one but I can only guess that I'd just fall into a full time finger box addict again.
Also op, your grandpa had good taste, that's a nice finger box

Plastic finger boxes are ruining the community. Get on my level.

It's hard to just fingerbox a little. Glad to hear you haven't given up on it though!

Seriously. I'm so FUCKING tired of these cheap ass "new age" finger boxes ruining the community.

That is a beautiful finger box user, great details on it

Ooh, nice one user, I wonder if it's got any inside padding? could tell us a bit about just how old it is.

i have a pic somewhere of a 6 holed one, an antique, that was said to have been made in Brazil....I dont get the 6 hole thing though, as one obvious only has 4 fingers and a thumb..ideas?
(ill see if i can dig up pic)

Meh. Sure its pretty, but it stretches the definition of "box" a bit too much for my taste.

damnnnnnnn

Thanks, user. My father-in-law gave it to me last Christmas.

What's your opinion on large boxes? Wasted space or more freedom?

My grandpa was in the 101st and when they cleared out the Eagle Nest my grandpa found a case of Nazi finger boxes. We don't have them anymore though :/

It all boils down to taste. Personally I don't like large ones but I still buy cool looking ones that are made of rosewood or aluminum. But only for display.

People don't understand the importance of finger boxes anymore... I sure didn't but now they remind me of my grandpa

shopped

DAMN SON how'd u let those get away???

found it! would be a CLASSIC if it werent for that odd 6th hole. i just dont get it..maybe the maker had extra digits? idk

What do you do with a finger box

OMFG! would LOVVVE to have on of those!
did the finger boxes themselves have any Nazi markings?

you use it to lurk moar

My best guess would be that it's used with 3 fingers from each hand, excluding your pinky and your thumb, neat idea.

It isn't. It's handcarved by a tribe of woodcarvers.

look up "ifugao woodcarving village" if you don't believe me. They make decent fingerboxes. They charge you double if you're white though.

That's amazing, my grandpa always said that the Japanese made the best finger boxes but you know what they say about German engineering, best in the world!

Anyone have a steel finger box? I kinda want to make one.

ohhhhh! makes perfect fucking sense! THANKS user! i never even thought of that..i have never tried 2 handing... genius!

That sounds practical for the endurance of steel but you'd lose the rich texture of wood

^^^EXACTLY...and the metal gives it a rather "cold touch", i find VERY impersonal. just my .02

It's true but I personally appreciate the feel and appearance of cold Steel and nice quality TIG welds

at this point and age everybody knows what a finger box is so stop trying to make it a thing again faggots

true that..i can definitely appreciate the look of the metal finger boxes, but my heart is with the older wooden boxes...like the ones my grandpa had.. i guess im just sentimental that way. :/

You seem stressed user, need one? I'll mail it to you

fuck off degenerate!...you nig nogs want to take away confederate flags and statues...AND NOW finger boxes? when you pry it from my cold dead hands! the youth of tomorrow WILL have finger boxes! btw..i have a finger box that was my great grandfather's...it was LITERALLY..made by a SLAVE!

same 10 pictures in every thread, not even believable anymore

So, why do we not make up something different? Are we really that unoriginal nowadays? Come on lets see the suggestions.

how about toe squares?

What are finger boxes?
And by that I mean originally.

What was the real purpose behind these?
They can't all be custom boxes made by anons for the meme.

This is my grandfathers top plank, it is of high quality and very robust. Some day I hope to make one of my own.

or can they?

top kek, not having Japanese carbon fiber fingerbox

hahaha! BAdass top plank Sup Forumsro!!!
havent seen on of those in forever!

i have one of those i was wondering what it was pc related

i believe that's a birch, i could be wrong, but i have a strong inkering.

Nice, ill bet the birch gives it a nice resonance.
smooth too

yeah its made of birch wood real quality stuff bro that thing will last you a decades with proper care

Hope you all get cancer.

Hey guys I luckily hopped on this thread before it was too late. So recently I noticed some rusting on the corners of my wooden planks. Any ideas how to fix it?
Pic related

heres a primative top plank made of gaboon ebony. old stuff..i dont use it because im afraid of ruining it.

Well I guess thread is dead, rip grandpa and his finger box

10% hydrogen peroxide will take the stains out, but be careful because it will bleach the wood, and can raise the grain. do the whole plank, not just the stains. then oil with yak oil when dry to protect.

what yall think I should get a dovetail, box joint or one made out of a solid piece

pic related

dovetail is sweet, but really too time consuming..
personally i like the look of a box joint, and contrast of color from the end grain.

good point I could get a deep red stain in the end grain without too much work

all this talk of fingers in boxes
Just sayin

shit this was just starting to get good
>not really so I'm out

I wish I could afford one of these but they are hard to find

How to quickly kill finger box threads: " what's a finger box"

haha. not true...
why da h8 mate?
there will always be newfags
they have a right to know about finger boxes , and their proper use.

Dovetail is visually calming as fuck. I out right now or I would show you mine. It enhances the boxes effect on me personally but we each have our own uses I guess.

Here's an old one I found at a yard sale.

I lost mine 3 years ago :(
I think I'm gonna work with a friend to build a new one soon, he's not interested though but his dad has a collection

what the actual fuck is a fingerbox?

This

You put your finger in and it's impossible to pull out without tearing your flesh from the bone

What this guy said

Fucking noob

Turkish men are black

and THERE you have it! PROOF that there is STILL a need to educate the future, about the past! nuff said...let the finger box threads live on!

NO NO NO FUCK
The ones the Nazis made where the fucking best how can you loose the Diamonds of Fingerboxes how is that possible you god damn fucking discrace

It's pretty self explanatory

turkish men are black?
Man i know atleast 6 Turks in my town that would kick the shit out of you if you called them black

ITS A DICK IN A BOX

This user is right. Only 2 posts asking what's a fingerbox, likely from just 1 user, and possibly just bait. This is as retarded as the "reply or your mother will die"

Sad.

sorry to tell you but my Swiss Fingerboxes are far superior to anything you plebs have

they even have rail systems so you can build a track while fingering your fingerboxes

I'll bet anyone his gpa put his dick in there.

Someone spoon-feed me and tell what the fuck a finger box is?

aw man im so jealous, I lost my finger box last week

Its a Box where you put your finger in

its like a figdet spinner but it wont make you autistic or gay

I just bought this one.

meh.
besides OP asked nicely if "can we have a finger box thread to honor my grandpa?"
this is a FINGER BOX MEMORIAL THREAD!
and if newfags want to learn along the way...why try to stop them from learning the nostalgia of finger boxes?
you must be a "pro top plank guy" user...smh

those kids have no respect for true art

oh, and here you go user...pic of vintage walnut Top planks for ya...makes your dick drool a little bit doesnt it?