Been thinking about distilling my own alcohol

Been thinking about distilling my own alcohol.
How do I do it?

take orange juice, add sugar or something and leave soemwhere, its pretty easy mate, i was thinking about doing the same thing. will be keeping an eye on this thread

Thats not distilling retard.

if you're going to use a still, make sure you piss in the mash when you add it to the pot

Go ask
>>/diy/

no gonna go blind, faggot

Google it you helpless bitch.

Yeah pisses me off that homebrew distillers are always forgetting to do this. You can tell someone doesn't know how to make shine.

I use ask.com

Watch a few eps of Moonshiners, make your own mash, buy an airstill, as they are pretty cheap, if you like it, and want to do more build your own still. Remember to throw away the first pint or so (depending on the amount you're distilling), as that has the nasty shit in it, take the mids, throw away the tails, mix the mids with good clean water to about 60% or 120 ABV, drink and enjoy.

that's not distilling that would be brewing or winemaking, and orange juice wine would taste atrocious.

go to a homebrew supply store and buy a still, they will tell you its not for making liquor but in most states they have to say that, like calling a bong a water tobacco pipe.

also if you just leave any kind of sugary juice out or beer wort, and wild yeast and bacteria get to it you have a 50/50 chance of making either a very sour drink, or literal vinegar if you get the wrong bacteria in it.

keep in mind some people love sour drinks, I sour my own beer using grocery store probiotics.

Anyone who asks how to do anything while using the Internet obviously has donkey brains.

Especially if you don't want the bad shit that makes your distill toxic and leaves you blind or dead.

For your first run, buy some premade alch, like wine or a good cider and distill that, takes the fucking about out of the process and you can still get good results. then decide waht type of still you want to make.

>add sugar or something
>or something
Could I add ammonium nitrate instead ?

Why?, sugar turns to alcohol, Ammonium nitrate will just do what?

Make or buy a decent still. Only use a POT still if you intend on making whiskey/schnapps etc (ie flavoured by the mash).
To prepare 18-20 L of wash for use ....

>Whiskey : Heat 4 kg cracked or crushed malt with 18 L of water to 63-65oC, and hold there for 1-1.5 hours. Heat to 73-75oC, then strain off and keep liquid, using 250 mL of hot water to rinse the grains (should have an initial specific gravity of 1.050)
>Vodka : dissolve 5 kg of sugar & 60 g of nutrients in 20 L of water
>Rum : as per vodka, but use some brown sugar or mollasses, to give an initial specific gravity (SG) of around 1.06 - 1.07

>Cool the wash to below 30oC, then add hydrated yeast.
>Ferment the wash at a constant 25oC until airlock stops bubbling
>Let settle for a day, then syphon carefully into the still
>Bring up to boiling temperature (start the cooling water through the condensors once you get to about 50-60oC), then once it has started distilling

>Discard the first 50 mL's (this may contain some methanol),
>Collect the next 2-3L of distillate
>Segregate the distillate into 500 mL containers as you collect it
>Stop distilling once the temperature gets to 96oC (else the flavours get nasty).
>Set aside any distillate which smells of tails/fusels
>This can be added to the wash of the next run, and cleaned up then

>Turn off the power, then the cooling water
>Open the lid, so that it doesn't create a vacuum inside the still & crush it
>Wash up the still, dry it well, and then store/hide the pieces
>If you've made a neutral spirit, dilute it down to 30-50 % purity, then soak it with carbon for a week or two to help clean up any flavours still present
>Dilute it down to drinking strength (20-40%), then age and flavour the spirit, using either commercial essences, oak chips, fruits

Simple boys.

theres a ton of sugars you could add to a fruit wine that would give it a different taste like honey or corn sugar or maltose. you could even add lactose to give it a nice creamy flavor like they put in stouts and cream ales.

then you got all your different kind of yeast strains and hops and oak chips or other flavors/spices/herbs

it's a commonly available explosive which is what I guess op is referring to

There are literally hundreds of diy tutorials on youtube. Just google it. Depends on how much you want to spend and how experienced you are. Just keep in mind, the basic ways of doing it produce ass tasting product. The art is figuring out how to add flavor and spice without causing it to be terrible tasting.

ahh, i get it now...like life hacks. Cool.

if you're ending it only when the airlock stops bubbling your missing out on a lot of alcohol and flavor. bubbling can stop day 3 of fermentation while the yeast keep working for another 1 1/2 weeks. adding esters the whole time.

I know but OP doesn't even know how the basic works, better keep it simple and not go into the the experienced parts with gut feel.

What he said, also no need to dilute it down that much if you don't want to.
I keep it around 60-70%. gives a better kick.

life *ending* hacks

>Segregate the distillate
>Segregate