Is anyone here actually works in the movie industry?

Is anyone here actually works in the movie industry?

bump

I direct music videos.

Does that count?

well, i'd say it's a borderline between music and movie industry, but still pretty cool

im stephen speelburg

No, Eric

This mans an imposter, I'm Steven Spielberg

I've made some music for TV shows that have been internationaly aired (nothing exciting), but cant say I work directly in the business.

I sneak on to film sets all the time does that count?

No, Tim.

hah uhhhm yeah I made 2 short films on vimeo and worked as a key grip on several television shows so I can pretty much tell you everything about the industry :))

the industry sucks you do NOT want to be in it

Yes, I is

I used to but stopped. I never had a very meaningful role (ie creative), I did a lot of Locations work. Stopped because of a combination of tired of chasing production around/crew can be retarded/no time for anything else. It's a distinct life, and watching a guy spend more time without his wife and children than with, just to plan and move around generators for Wide release films really depressed me. Sometimes I miss it, but not really chosing what I got to work on sucked when the only thing in town was Reality Tv.

am act

Door to door foley artist here.

I'm Jeanine Garofalo. Does that count?

Yep. I gaff independent features.

does cleaning up rat shit in the Troma building count? Also got to put stickers on tits.

Yikes. Hope things turn around, dude

I banged the protagonist of a new film, does that count?

I used to PA all the time. Did horrible bosses 2, a show for amazon, and a couple of commercials.

I quit all that to work in craft beer. It pays significantly less but im much happier. Have gotten into writing though and i do some stand up here and now. I am currently Developing a beer based travel comedy show with another well known comedian. So im really hoping once its fleshed out we can sell it to travel channel or something.

It's kinda cool actually. Make enough money to sustain myself and work on movies that I really like (scary movies). Not sure how sustainable this lifestyle is... but I'm 23 and having a blast.

good luck with that, mate!

that's pretty great, do you work for movies or tv?

I'm an ae. It's ok.

which software are you using?

Both. I also help spread awareness about foley artist and the advantages we have over stock sounds used from a PC.

I've got a BA in cinema and photography, but I haven't really done much with it. I concluded that LA is too fucking crowded and expensive, so I moved to Texas. I got to looking at some job listings not too long ago, and Funimation was apparently hiring sound mixers. I might have to brush up on my minimal Pro Tools abilities with a couple of classes in the meantime, but I may check and see if they've got any positions open in a year or two.

yeah, overused sounds suck, keep doing the great job!