/box/

Forthcoming this weekend

24/02 - Live in Quebec City on Indigo (Canada)
>Eleider Alvarez vs. Lucian Bute
>Eric Martel Bahoeli vs. Adam Braidwood
>Francis Lafreniere vs. Marcus Willis

24/02 - Live from Oslo
>Cecilia Braekhus vs. Klara Svensson
>Tomas Adamek vs. Tim Robin Lihaug

25/02 - Live in Birmingham Alabama on Fox (USA) & Sky (UK)
>Deontay Wilder vs. Gerald Washington
>Jarrett Hurd vs. Tony Harrison
>Dominic Breazeale vs. Izuagbe Ugonoh
>Alantez Fox vs. Kenneth McNeil
>Caleb Plant vs. Thomas Awimbono

25/02 - Live in Hull on Sky (UK)
>Gavin McDonnell vs. Rey Vargas
>Luke Campbell vs. Jairo Lopez
>Tommy Coyle vs. Rakeem Noble

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=9a1lmJwJrfY
dailymotion.com/video/x1abgsy_antonio-margarito-vs-shane-mosley-24-01-2009-hd_sport
youtube.com/watch?v=pvQDWNB4_co
dailymotion.com/video/x164747_antonio-margarito-vs-miguel-cotto-i-hd-26-07-2008_sport
dailymotion.com/video/xzzuav_лебедев-джонс-1-2-вринге-коm_sport
dailymotion.com/video/xzzuax_лебедев-джонс-2-2-вринге-коm_sport
youtube.com/watch?v=syFwwGK6YuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=gLXt7nLUgDU
youtube.com/watch?v=L2vrDJVEYBY
youtube.com/watch?v=aVZODLfIZJc
youtube.com/watch?v=SBtkFdewovk
youtube.com/watch?v=Bgah9FNoYqg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Frank Burton absolutely BTFO, dropped like a sack of shit

Tell me about Wilder! Why does he wear the mask?

Also this Friday on Boxnation

Boy Jones vs Craig Poxton
Thomas Essomba vs Jay Harris

Nice OP, should be like this every time

Although I feel like the European cards should be listed before the North American cards on their respective dates since they'll be on first

Probably a slightly stronger card than Hearn's York Hall card

I'll be delighted if both Sky and BoxNation show more Friday night small hall shows this year though

Fair point lad good idea, just wrote them in the same order they were in on a different site without thinking.

Lets try that again lol

Does he unlock that once he unifies 4 weight divisions like the BBC claim?

That PBC card is fucking stacked, jealous as fuck of the Americans this year since Haymon seems to have decided he wants to save boxing. Might stay up for that, should be fun.

Yeah it's the reverse Roy Jones Jr Heavyweight > Light Heavyweight > Super Middleweight > Middleweight. Golovkin is the end game.

The only way that Hull show isn't a complete bust is if McDonell get KTFO Tbh.

Eddie said Gavin is bringing 700 from Doncaster, it will be roaring

Atmosphere will be amazing I'm sure, but the fights won't be. That undercard is a joke and McDonnell is boring as fuck and will be being even more cagey this time round since he's facing some actual power. Hoping for a Vargas stoppage to make life interesting.

Agreed, it looks really dull

Also I hope Campbell vs. Crolla is finally made after their next fights. Campbell is already getting fairly old for a lightweight who depends heavily on speed. I still think he could still be the British #1 in that division

I was half joking. It will probably be a decent atmosphere but it's a shitty card. Linares vs Crolla is the only decent fight night lined up at the moment, probably all the big fights will be going on box office this year.

Couple nominations:
Jorge Arce-Hussein Hussein
Thomas Hearns-Juan Roldan

Caveman Lee-John LoCicero takes a while to get going but has a GOAT ending...your call on that one.

Post that other shit you wanted somebody to make a call on and I'll watch it tomorrow when I have some time, I'd like to resurrect the banger list.

Ugonoh vs Breazeale fight of the weekend, great fight.

>Eric Martel Bahoeli vs. Adam Braidwood
>Francis Lafreniere vs. Marcus Willis
are these people noteworthy at all?

Not at all, just national level canadian fighters.

>someone actually did a good OP
Nice

Doubt Breazeale will offer much resistance

Bute vs. Alvarez will probably be the best, followed by Hurd vs. Harrison

Breazeale is 6'7 and took 7 rounds of punishment against Joshua, he's not going to roll over. The winner will be in the frame for a title shot this year

Take the Cubanpill

Save your brain from destruction

Joshua so amazing he even skips out Cruiserweight in his domination of 4 divisions. Is there anything #StayingHumble #HardWork and #Dedication can't achieve?

but looked like a jabroni against Joshua

If Joshua does the same to Klitschko it will look better in retrospect

>not having a quarter of hash taped to it

Izu comes off quite intelligent in his interviews but he couldn't knock out this big stiff idiot

youtube.com/watch?v=9a1lmJwJrfY

Long is still fighting.

Long is the super bum

he's going to fight Solomon Haumono this year.

it was Bellew vs Cleverly (I think it's the first one

I'll watch Thomas Hearns-Juan Roldan right now.

Oscar De La Hoya thinks Canelo vs Chavez will break 1 million PPV buys

De La Hoya says the expectations are higher than what Canelo was able to generate on pay-per-view with Cotto. "Expectations are 30 percent more than that," said De La Hoya to ESPN Deportes

I don't think he'll get stopped easily, if at all, but he just offers nothing offensively

>Thomas Hearns-Juan Roldan
it's a bit short too add to the list, 2bh. I think only Waters vs Norris is as comparatively short, but had one of the best rounds of all time which is why I included it.

I told you a while ago some fight but I don't know if you watched them.

Antonio Margarito vs. Shane Mosley dailymotion.com/video/x1abgsy_antonio-margarito-vs-shane-mosley-24-01-2009-hd_sport

Kalenga vs Dorticos youtube.com/watch?v=pvQDWNB4_co

Margarito vs Cotto 1 dailymotion.com/video/x164747_antonio-margarito-vs-miguel-cotto-i-hd-26-07-2008_sport

Guillermo Jones vs Lebedev dailymotion.com/video/xzzuav_лебедев-джонс-1-2-вринге-коm_sport Part 1

dailymotion.com/video/xzzuax_лебедев-джонс-2-2-вринге-коm_sport Part 2

Mugabi vs Hagler youtube.com/watch?v=syFwwGK6YuQ

Foreman vs Lyle youtube.com/watch?v=gLXt7nLUgDU

Maidana vs. Soto Karass youtube.com/watch?v=L2vrDJVEYBY

Maidana vs Lopez youtube.com/watch?v=aVZODLfIZJc

Maidana vs Khan youtube.com/watch?v=SBtkFdewovk

I'll dig up a bunch more.

I'll watch the ones of YT first. Pretty sure I was meant to add Soto-Karass vs Maidana but forgot.

on the other hand he did this

youtube.com/watch?v=Bgah9FNoYqg

>Kalenga vs Dorticos
fight started pretty well, but really deteriorated by the 5/6th round after they both gassed. it also seemed like Kalenga was no where in the fight after the first round. are you the guy who I talked with about Youri months ago? (might've been a French flag)

No I am not that guy. Also Bellew-Cleverly 1 is good but doesn't get my vote.

"El Gallo Negro" aka The Black Cock
#TeamBlackCock

go back to /heem/

I don't fuck with mma.

>Bellew-Cleverly 1 is good but doesn't get my vote.
I feel the same way about Hagler vs Mugabi.
it certainly had its moments of greatness (especially in the 6th) but it's more solid boxing rather than a spicey-fest. maybe one day we'll compile a list of technical bouts.

also, it's interesting how well Mugabis chin held up against Hagler yet he got sparked out in the 1st(?) against Norris.

>Margarito vs Cotto 1
IIRC this mostly Cotto back peddling (rightly so after what happened) so not to spicy.

Does Gerald Washington have a chance?

Why is everyone pretending they aren't even slightly interested in Bellew Haye?

While Cotto backpedaled he won some rounds by volume punching, it was not an one sided fight.

Very few imo.

>SPORTbible

pls no

I'm saything that the fight wasn't really the head-to-head, shoulder-to-shoulder battle of attrition that I want for the list. remember: the list is to get people interested in boxing, so back-and-forth fights with solid technique with little to no fouling. consider CorallesCastillo as your template.

>Get people interested in boxing

Got it.

So when Yoka is going to clean up the HW division?

is he going to turn pro?

>no Sam Langford vs Fireman Jim Flynn II

seems to happen everywhere.
>blacks who arent 'hood' enough or they "talk and act white"

They just have some kind of deal with David Haye where they post about his shit all the time, he's had it since his comeback. Pretty shrewd actually, allows him to target an audience which are largely MMA watchers.

He already signed with Schaefer

They will probably move him fairly slowly for the next four years or so

If not for ducking GGG would Canelo be well liked around here?

I like him.

>>Caleb Plant vs. Thomas Awimbono
Caleb has one the best footwork of the division. I like this guy

>Khan's prospects of Pacquiao fight getting BTFO by Bob Arum

top kek, I think Khan is hated by just about every major promoter except Golden Boy

I unironically like Canelo desu. Also think GGG and his camp should shoulder some of the blame for the fight not happening, they could have just accepted the flat fee for two reasons

A: The $10m (or $15m depending on who you believe) would be far more than GGG could hope to get in a fight with any other boxer with the way his profile is

B: If he wins (and I presume his team would be very confident in this?) then this opens up the door to a lucrative rematch with Canelo, where he stands to make more money as now he's in a position to demand a % fee. Additionally, the recognition he'd get from beating Canelo would be such that his popularity would skyrocket, and in turn mean that more boxers are willing to get in the ring with Golovkin seeing as they'd now be better compensated for being knocked out.

I like Canelo and any figther with good chin and decent power. Latino heritage I guess

I like him, probably in my top 5 current fighters, but the post fight interviews, vacating the wbc, and just stuff outside of the ring makes me think he is a huge diva. Just look at the deal for Chavez, he made a half pound change to the fight just to say he's the one calling the shots

I like Canelo a lot, both sides are equally to blame for that fight not happening yet, just that GGG has managed to get away with no blame

Offering Golovkin a flat fee is bullshit. I still think it will get done for September though. If Golovkin gets the belt off Saunders then Canelo will run out of places to go

So everyone likes Canelo?

Aye that's cool I thought people really hated on him because of the fight not happening, must be the mexicans only.

What about Rigo?

Canelo won't fight Saunders cause the WBO requires a 80-75% split for the champion, and no way Golden Boy settles for that.

He has a pretty aesthetic style, but he is a cunt and a cherry picker and a constant beneficiary of crooked judging so I'd take some pleasure from seeing Golovkin leave him in a heap on the floor

It wasnt a real offer, surely. it was to take the pressure off of themselves.

Media outlets & jewtube channels cant wait to report ANY news on this fight.

Whatever they claimed they had offered golovkin 'shows' intent and now some of the blame falls on team ggg

Lastly, golovkin deserves some sort of percentage as it would be canelo's biggest fight possibly numbers wise & definitely legacy wise.

Canelo needs Golovkin, not the other way around. When push came to shove he gave up his belt.

any european guys here who want to stay awake for thurman - garcia?

i thought the purse splits were for bids only? im pretty liam smith didnt get a 75% of the purse as they came to an agreement. OR maybe they did and a high majority of ppv went to canelo. Someone who knows pls inform me.

Yeah and let's not forget that supposed offer was still only for September 2017, so K2 had literally no reason to agree to it right then instead of closer to the date

>cherry picker
>fought Trout, mayweather, cotto, lara, khan, shane and kirkland

ok

you might be right I was just parroting something I read and I don't recall exactly where.

I'll try

Who will unify the HW division?

AJ of course

yup once you vacate, shut your mouth, your actions have said more than words ever could.

Lol, this is one of the best fights of our time. Especially for someone who's never seen it. Fucking Australia.

Lara and Trout I give him credit for taking, but he looked pretty pedestrian in those fights

Anyone would face Mayweather and Cotto

Khan, Kirkland and Shane were cherry picks

I doubt it gets fully unified. Too many variables

did you even read what I wrote? besides, what constitutes "our time"? post-1999? because the Marquez-Pac quadrilogy is easy the greatest set of match-ups of the new millennium.

Facing all of those welterweights as someone who weighs almost 175 lbs in the ring is the definition of cherry picking

Vazquez vs. Rafa Marquez was better

His resume is one of the best currently

>lara
>117-111
what.bmp

That's got nothing to do with cherry picking

Ok, I need to clarify I like him in the ring, outside the ring is pretty obnoxius. All that talk about the pride of the GUERRERO and you are ducking lil G? C'mon man. And pretty much this >Rigo...I dont now m8. I dont hate the guy, but I have the feeling that he is one trick pony. I need to watch his fights closer to made me an idea of him

you said "not too spicy"... which is a fucking gay term btw, but its clearly "spicy", it was a fucking awesome fight.

They're in the same ball park. Cotto/Margarito was super dramatic because of the way Margarito endured a world of shit for 6 rounds to turn it around like that. Cotto was beating the living shit out of him the first half of the fight. I really think that fight took more out of Margarito than any other. He took a reet good hiding.

>Lastly, golovkin deserves some sort of percentage as it would be canelo's biggest fight possibly numbers wise & definitely legacy wise.
>numbers wise

His fight against Mayweather literally sold the most PPVs ever at the time

Hearns angling for the US-UK meme with Wilder if AJ beats Wlad. I don't know what will happen with the WBO title

read
is what I mean

But it was like that. Castillo/Corrales is once in a lifetime. Nothing will probably top something like that for a long time. Cotto/Margarita definitely belongs on the list.

AJ vs Wilder (WBA, WBC)
Parker/Hughie vs Haye (WBO)
Pulev vs Takam (IBF, after Joshua gets stripped)

What about the prestigious IBO belt?

is AJ guaranteed to be stripped?

If Hughie nabs the WBO then it's never getting unified with AJ

Joshua will be the champion of Sky Sports while Hughie is the champion of BT Sport

Not the fight itself, rather the style of fight: both fighters conceding and covering ring real estate, trading with good speed and power, throwing with decent technique and in combinations, and so on.

Cotto vs Margacheato was fought with Cotto entirely on the back foot, explicitly because he was trying to avoid Margarito and fight using his intelligence and technical ability.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good fight, but a fight just being *good*, or technical, or a display of adept boxing ability isn't necessarily what the list was created for.

>Pulev vs Takam

That's a depressing title fight

I'd rather it went to the Gayemaker than either of those gatekeepers

Would be pretty amazing to have three British heavyweight titlists at the same time, and pretty infuriating when they refused to face each other

>mayweather
mayweather

>mayweather
mayweather

>mayweather
mayweather

>mayweather
mayweather

>mayweather
mayweather

>mayweather
mayweather