What's the best show on TV and why is it Rick and Morty

What's the best show on TV and why is it Rick and Morty

Cancer fanbase: The show

It's a good show. But the Game of Thrones-esque hype around the show is making it annoying.

Fanbase is shit. All think they're smart. Not to mention it's gotten worse this season and the pickle rick joke isn't funny. I fucking despise the show now.

>inb4 someone posts that fake copypasta about Rick And Morty requiring a high iq
Rick And Morty is one of the best shows on television, or at least it was. This season's had 2 extreme highs and 3 extreme lows, so that could change.

Despite all the shitposts, it's not actually atheist bait at all. A better criticism is the fact that it thinks that cynicism is automatically intelligent, as well as the way it jerks off Rick.

i feel bad for 4channers, regardless if something is good or not, if it eventually gains a large following it will instantaneously become shit to them. the fact that their sensibilities could at all intersect with those of a normie makes them instantly reorient their perspective because they have to believe that they are special snowflakes with superior tastes to the common person. its sad really.

i love the show but anyone who says 'wow rick and morty is so deep' is a fucking moron ricks character is drunk, sad and angry that's not deep it's just basic writings cliches

sure kid

It's true though. I only barely get all of the jokes, even though I scored a perfect 100 on my IQ test.

It WAS a pretty good show, not anymore. S3 is horrible.

"normie"

I still secretly like it. But because of the fanbase I tend to tell people that I don't watch it. It's just an above average show, but it's stil... above average.

Can't stand the fucking show but I watch it anyway. Rick is literally a carbon copy of my real grandfather. A "scientist," a narcissistic asshole, a drunk, neglects his family when every he sees fit, uses them and manipulates them when he's ready. I feel sorry for Morty and the only redeemable times of this show is when they quit making jokes about it and they show how fucked up this relationship is for Morty.

Some episodes are just incredibly stupid though with no redeeming qualities at all. And it seems like the longer it goes on the more movies and TV shows they're ripping from to try to garner attention.

It really has dropped in quality after S3E1, but I'm not sure what's the exact problem..
Perhaps they simply run out of ideas? They tried to have an overarching consistency, when the first seasons just did whatever, regardless of contradictions?
Maybe it's focusing on the personal issues of the current Smith family, when the premise was "Nothing fucking matters! Let's jump timelines and drink a cold one while not giving a fuck!". It was a zoomed out nihlistic fuck-everything experience and now it's getting to focused and personal.
Perhaps a combination.. It seems like the first purge movie now. Great premise, wasted potential while focusing on a very narrow sub-story.

In all fairness Danny boy did say that it's getting harder and harder to write, so maybe they really just don't know what to do anymore. They threw every good idea and now they've run out. Maybe it's because Harmon had a divorce recently and his own depression impacts his creativity, while his self loathing and pitty-me syndrome makes him think that feeding to us plots relevant to his current emotional predicaments is somehow entertaining or interesting...
Like walking dead! I stopped watching that abomination after the Governor season, because I want to see zombies and the interesting societal, technological, biological implications of the situation not a soap opera with zombies as the backdrop!!

If I wanted a show about emotions and relationships, I would just watch a chick flick or something..

Is this shit real? Is this how R&M fans are? I wanted to vomit halfway through that tirade. Thankfully no one I know that watches R&M acts like that.
If anything, Rick's humor is directed towards an older audience. He makes many references to shit from the 80's. The show can be deep, like when they bury their dead selves. Fucked me up a bit.
End of the day, it's a cartoon about not giving a fuck made by guys who don't give a fuck. That's why I like it.

It says nothing personnel kid in the end and the overall tone seems to be a sarcastic quip alla Sam Hyde, Eric Andre, Sacha Baron Cohen. A comedic bit, played absolutely straight to make fun of akwardness, context, egotism, selfrighteousness, plausible deniability, societal assumptions etc..

>nothing personnel

congratulations youre the tallest midget

Yes. It's a reference to pic related.
You can see how deliberately mimicking a phrase from a cringe meme of a kid trying to sound cool might give away the disposition behind that pasta.

>I scored a perfect 100 on my IQ test
>perfect 100
>perfect

>them
Post on Sup Forums but refers to people that post on Sup Forums "them".

please tell me they were shit posting

You can get higher than 100 if you do the extra credit.