1. You're a country

1. You're a country
2. Do you pray every evening before sleep?

Poland
Yes

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Japan
youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Perú
Yes

Really? I used to but it's sporadic now too put it mildly.

my mom does but i don't

America
Yes

Canada
Yes

1. Murrica
2. Absolutely not, and anyone who does is a retarded faggot. *tips fedora*

no, because the contrast from praying to thinking of gay sex is too big.

I pray on sundays in mass.

>america
>yes

I used to until I was 19, no joke. Then I realised that my actions and not my faith was what change things.

Burger
Yes

Why not both? Your actions can be a manifestation of God's will in this world.

no lol

America
No

Yes, and multiple times through the day

>YOO ESS AY
no, but I should. I pray at other times, if that helps.

Yes, but i think it's more because of habit than faith.

1) The Dominion of Canada
2) I pray every day but not always before I go to sleep.

>2017
>praying to your imaginary sky-friend

grow up stupid manchildren

>2017
>Using current year argument

Good lad

United States of America
No, God knows all anyway. Why pray?

Most nights

Only if I get to impregnate that nordic goddess with my aryan jeans.

you're correct
you're also correct

hola Felipe
did you get the succ 2day?

Mexico
I never sleep, 'cause sleep is the cousin of death.

I never have in my life, wasnt raised religiously

Its weird growing up and literally never thinking about it and then talking to people who act like it should be an enourmous spiritual hole or something.

What the fuck? no

I've been talking to Jesus all my life tbqhwyf

Canada
yes

Flag
Used to in my shitage

German diaspora + flag
Yes, I am always prayin to Yeezus and My blessed Mutti im Himmel

Da fuq are you smoking? Canadian here, we are not a particularly religious country. So no for Canada.

>praying to a jewish lie

1. Amsterdamland
2. No

-Philippines
-Yes

Yes
I pray to America

>prayer works
>it was all part of God's master plan anyway so praying was pointless

>prayer doesn't work
>it wasn't part of God's master plan so praying was pointless

I don't, my mom does, and thanks to her I used to do it as a child. Not gonna joke, I was very enthusiastic back in those days. I REALLY felt the prayers... But now I seriously can't force myself to believe. It just seems pretty impossible to have a magic omnipotent creator in this big universe.

Yes, and 4 other times a day

>prayer as a way of getting shit rather than about conversion

Poor way of looking at prayer tbch, I'm going to blame your flag

God sees the universe he created outside the scope of time, that does not mean that your free will does not effect creation. Stop being suckered into existentialism by the Calvinists.

We are completely atheist

No.

I Braise fries and waffels :DDDDDDDDD

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_the_Catholic_Church_in_Japan

Why was Japan so cruel and Evil to Christians?

Because all signs were there that christianity was being used to conquer Japan

Don't pray everyday.
I go to the temple on Tuesday and sit there in dhyan for half an hour.

I think Japs are just sociopaths who love hurting other people.

Maybe you like to think that but that doesn't make it any less wrong.

Sweden
Yes

Switz
as a matter of fact, yes I do

Until I was 14 I think on and off. Then I grew out of it.

Because they gave and continue to give a flying fuck about preserving their heritage.

>hurr durr imaginary sky friend you're all manchilds!
>posts a character from children's movie

killed a man, teaching morality

kek he didn't kill a man he killed a commie

Ireland
>praying
>ever

Thailand
No

Pray what and why?

>not cursing your enemies every night before sleep?

You bring shame to Catholic Church.

1. Flag
2. Pic related

>Oh shitu, white devir teaches my subjects that they ale human beings and that evelyone equar in God's eyes
>What if they stop being mindress selfs?
>I need to plotect my cultule!
>Bettel slaughtel them all with katana

Malta
I pray to Tor.

>This is what Calvinists literally believe

Granted they also would believe that you don't have any choice is whether or not you pray to begin with.

But as for the rest of Christians we believe that God has a 'master plan' but that doesn't mean he has decided how it will all happen. Ie he is going to make us go from A->B but we can decide the way we get there.

More like "they reject the divinity of the emperor this is the ikko ikki all over again but worse" and "that spanjard LITERALLY said that christianity was a weapon to conquer places" and "fuck you Nobunaga, as your successor I don't have to convert to christianity like you would in exchange for jesuit aid and I'll make that clear" t. Toyotomi Hideyoshi

Not anymore

Hungary
Yes. I say the Lord's prayer, a Hungarian prayer that my grandma thought me, and then I spend a couple of minutes thanking God for various things and praying to Him to take good care of my family and all of my beloved.

yes

schizophrenia general

Latvia
Yes

the church brought the shame on itself.

Literally everyone for all human history until a few edgelords and communists in the past hundred years general.

lol is that a dildo in his hand
what a fag!!

except china

Sweden.
Fuck no.
Religion can go fuck it self.
God? Hhahahha.
You sad pathetic fuckers.
The only god is mankind and alcohol.

Yes, i always ask God to end my life.

>Literally everyone for all human history
Oh? You are telling me that people 250 000 years ago worshiped god?
Kek you fucking mongoloid..
And even by the slim chance there is a god (the Christian one) he's not someone I wanna know.
The most evil fucker in all of history.

China always had religion until the communist revolution. Confucianism was more a state philosophy then a religion but everyone in every single village would have prayed to their local folk gods/spirits. That even still exists today even though it has been suppressed.

>what is Buddhism
>what is cult of ancestors

>Sweden, yet again, confirming every stereotype about their country

Yes they did probably beleif in god and praying is a natural part of the human brain. youtube.com/watch?v=_Ii-bsrHB0o

Never had a creation myth, you have pangu but that's foreign, they never had an urge to say 'meet their maker' they were more concerned with the here and now and the people around them, as confucianism says, family values and way of life and morality were more important

China always had religion——钱。

Why would a creation myth be a necessary condition for religion?

Great kingdom of boland
I pray to Saradomin

moving the goalposts, this was about what the spanjard said i.e. schizophrenia

john paul 2 was a pedo

christianity is most fucked up religion I've ever seen

No I'm not your the one that arbitrarily considers a creation myth to be necessary for something to be considered a religion I never set out that criteria. Not even the dictonary definition of 'religion' includes a creation myth as a necessary condition for something to be a religion.

>a : the state of a religious a nun in her 20th year of religion
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance

They worshiped Gods, ancestors, and spirits, and some still do. How is that not a religion?

>>>/karachan/ is that way

What are you even talking about you're completely off base here, this was about what the spanjard considered schizophrenia and that was clearly christianity and abrahamic like religions
more to the point, the chinese didn't derive meaning from some God rather they derived meaning from their actions and the people around them from the past present and future, so very different from christianity where everything comes from God. And praying is a way to get closer to God, who is the source of all meaning

>considered schizophrenia and that was clearly christianity and abrahamic like religions

Why would only those religions count? Talking to a water spirit is fine and normal but talking to 'God' is insane? And why do you think you have such great mind reading powers? All that guy said was "schizophrenia general," how do you determine from this that he must be talking about only Abrahamic-like religions and not folk religions? Your the one that is moving the goal posts.

Also if we just go back to the OP's question of 'do you pray before going to sleep' how wouldn't a Chinese person praying to their ancestor or a God not be considered praying?

>they derived meaning from their actions and the people around them from the past present and future

That's a meaningless platitude, Christians have always 'derived meaning' from their ancestors and their actions.

>
because OP clearly posted a pic of a cross and I didn't see anyone here say they pray to their ancestors before sleep like christians, because that's not how it works, so clearly aimed at christians here
>
God is still the source of meaning and praying is to get closer to God

>because OP clearly posted a pic of a cross and I didn't see anyone here say they pray to their ancestors before sleep like christians, because that's not how it works, so clearly aimed at christians here

Yes obviously most people on this board are obviously western and therefore obviously if they have a religion it will probably be Christian. That doesn't however mean that praying to folk Gods is any less religious. Your moving the goal posts, I said that everyone for all of human history has believed in a religion up until recently, I obviously wasn't just referring to Christians, do you really think I thought India and China were Christian countries?

And again this whole 'source of meaning' thing is just you moving the goal posts, where you find your 'source of meaning' has nothing to do with whether or not religion is schizophrenic.

All this comes back to the simple question, why would Chinese folk religion not be considered 'schizophrenia' and Christianity would be? You can't give any good reason why that is the case.

1- Flag
2- No, because I don't believe in God. However, I admire those who believe and follow Jesus Christ.

>All these atheist fedora edgelords
I never did because i went to a catholic school and we prayed every morning, so i didn´t see the need to pray again