TV executive talked to Roger Goodell about speeding up NFL games

>Yuroshitposting got so bad the NFL is considering lowering commercials and speeding up gametime

Source: profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/20/tv-executive-talked-to-roger-goodell-about-speeding-up-nfl-games/

good move, now they only need to get rid of these pointless fieldgoals and only award 1 point per TD nothing extra. What's the point of having a game end 79-117 if the teams just scored once. Makes more sense to have games end in a 2-3 or so.

Also wtf is wrong with your coin toss shit ? Just add something like a penalty shootout where you have kickers going up against each other from the 50y line or so.

>now they only need to get rid of these pointless fieldgoals and only award 1 point per TD nothing extra.
Literally what made the 2015 AFCCG in Denver as exciting as it was

While they're at it they can do this to vastly improve the sport. No charge for this tip Roger.

>something like a penalty shootout where you have kickers going up against each other from the 50y line or so.

No point in putting the whole game into just one guy's hands.

if anything they should give both teams a chance to play on offense and defense, rather than the current luck of the draw system.

This TV executive is retarded and just deflecting his own failures, the reason the NFL ratings are crashing has almost nothing to do with the actual games and everything to do with the terrible productions these networks put on against the wishes of their viewership.

Just stop pushing social justice and lame personal narratives and talk about and broadcast football. Nobody cared about commericals 5 or 10 years ago when the rest of the broadcast was football. Now, you have to sit through commercials, and then the commentators virtue signaling as they talk about "issues."

>No point in putting the whole game into just one guy's hands.
this happens every time there's a gw field goal

Good idea.

Just make it so coaches actually need to use their challenges rather than review everything already.

>luck of the draw system

You joking right? It's not like the offense goes out and scores every drive. That's what the defense is there for.

The only way I see to speed up the game is to either just make a td worth 7 points and going for 1 like a modern 2 point conversion, and to speed up kickoffs.

Why are 8 teams missing from this?

wtf is that

?

>What are the holder and offensive line?

You're still at an advantage winning the toss

according to some random dude on reddit, the OTs have ended in coin-toss winner winning 52% of the time, in a tie 4.6% and with the coin-toss loser winning 43.4% of the time.

Since the most recent rule change it's been 55% wins by the winner of the coin toss, 6% ties and the rest (39%) wins by the loser of the coin toss according to theringer.com.

While the toss-losing team does have a chance to win, they're at a disadvantage to it.

That's the point. There are too many teams and not enough good players to go around. This solves many other problems too but reducing the number of teams is the main one.

Damn, Ireland. What did the Ravens ever do to you?

>Muh soccer

Fuck off kraut.

Don't forget the tweets and halftime memes.

>gets rid of balimore
>keeps cinci

what did he mean by this?

Unironically this.

>tfw shitposted so hard got yanks to change a spot i'll never watch anyway

most based

men it was getting so bad I even heard people in real life stating how bad the commercial were getting.

it was fucking annoying. college football is such a better product to watch

Then fight harder during the toss if you don't want to lose

you're not factoring in the 50/50 chance of winning the toss

Defense is half the game, I never really understood why they didn't make it an extra 15 minute period for overtime and not this sudden death stuff

Anyone have those NBC wildcard memes?

>>Yuroshitposting
None of us here like it either.

>three
Conferences? what? you can't have an odd number of divisions.

Who is this clearly heterosexual, master cocksman in your pic OP? I hope he likes women, otherwise I fear for my tight bum hole...

Field goals are lame

>remove advert timeouts at change of possession
>allow teams/players to kick in open play and recover their own kicks
football is now much better

>ameriobedients