I TRIED SO HARD

I TRIED SO HARD

Other urls found in this thread:

independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/sutton-united-goalkeeper-wayne-shaw-resigns-pie-publicity-stunt-quits-a7591861.html
twitter.com/SunBets/status/833797353010262016
yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/10859175.Wayne_Shaw_released_by_Sutton_United_following_Kingstonian_fracas/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>eat pasty
>FA have to launch an investigation

SOME

Holy shit
JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP
independent.co.uk/sport/football/fa-league-cups/sutton-united-goalkeeper-wayne-shaw-resigns-pie-publicity-stunt-quits-a7591861.html

He jumped before the FA slapped him with a 3 year ban

I DON'T MIND STEALING BREAD FROM THE MOUTHS OF DECADENCE

when memes enter reality

this guy has to quit football in disgrace for eating a pie and yet big sam can literally be caught on tape taking bribes and still get jobs

no justice

now shaw is homeless, im sure they won't let him sleep in his cuck shed at the ground if he's not on the team anymore

where will he sleep now?

BREAKING NEWS: Wayne Shaw has been signed by Manchester City on a free transfer.

Apparently Pep believes he is better than Joe Hart and will help them reach their English quota with Fabian Delph leaving in summer.

What's the problem with him eating that pie? What kind of pie was he eating? Is it haram in England?

Fat cunt. How thick does he look.

>this is your average English person

It's a shame this lies squarely between

and

It wasn't even a pie.

How did Rooney got so fat?

Why is this such a big deal? Backup goalies almost never get played and per the article they had already used their subs so he literally couldn't have played

Has anyone ever been as comprehensively BTFO as this smug faggot?

F

It was a betting fix.

You could bet on whether or not he ate a pie on camera during the match. Considering his comments seem to suggest he was aware of the bet, he was pretty fucking stupid to actually do it.

is this, dare i say it, /ourguy/?

i'd imagine he would have got a back hander for it.

He got paid to do it for a betting purpose. I still think it's too harsh considering he wasn't even a real profesional, probably didn't know what he did was wrong

he is better than Joey Fart

F

oh come the fuck on he definitely knew it was wrong

he looks like the kind of guy who spends all afternoon at the betting shop, he definitely knew fixing a bet is wrong

>bookies offer bets on your behaviour
>behaviour which does not affect the match score whatsoever
>bet relies on camera being on you
>also relies on bbc match editor choosing to put your mug on the live feed eating a pie
they were waiting for him to do it. Bookies could have just pulled the bet, their fault.

There were bets on him eating a pie during the game. I shit you not..

just like most games in the premier league it was completely rigged by gamblers

>probably didn't know what he did was wrong
he said he was aware of the bet, and even said he assumed some lads he knew had bet on it.
still, if he had planned on eating one anyway (i doubt a guy like that plans his pies days in advance) there's not much of an issue. can't prove he did that though.

what the fuck?
I'm pretty sure a 12 year old when approached by a betting site to rig a bet on national television they'd double think the situation

Someone bet 5 figures on him to eat a pie at 8/1.

Although they shouldn't get the cash at all considering it was a pasty.

>Although they shouldn't get the cash at all considering it was a pasty.
delete this before the bookies realise

>'I went and got it at half time from the kitchen, I had it all prepared and ready to go. It was meat and potato.'
DAMAGE CONTROL

Is it even a pie? I'd say it was closer to a bridie of some kind

RIP best goal keeper in the world

if anything it's really fucking stupid for bookies to even list things like that
if they can't prove he got paid to do it he shouldn't have to face any punishment

He was fixing a bet. Though I don't know which retarded bookies decided to take bets on it in the first place, it was always too easy to fix.

Was it Paddy Power?

/ourpie/

it was S*n Bet

>doing a deal with the Sun

You get what you deserve.

exactly

once he's aware of the bet what's he meant to do? he's affecting the outcome by either choosing to have one or not

>S*n
grow up

How is it even possible to make a bet on the independent decision of an individual? as soon as he hears about it he will be influenced by it no matter what.

Thus guy walks up to you in the changing room and snatches your pie what do you do

re read your post

Why the fuck would he admit to knowing about the bet? Stupid cunt just lost his job and home because he let his stomach talk

>tfw u will never have your account limited for bashing a piefix

>I know all the cameras will be on us playing arsenal, now's my chance
>I'm going to attention whore it up and dramatically eat a sammich and drink a pint so everyone will see what a funny fat man I am so I can make a name for myself for being a slob who pretends to be an athlete hehe

cringed hard af

Father?

I don't see anything wrong apart from a shaky english.

would rather he pie my snatch

Anything he won't complain about? Haha fixing bets is just banter Gaz haha.

I am planning my days to ensure I punch Lineker at some point in my life, but I agree with him on this. Shaw lost his job because a bookies placed a bet on him and he was aware of it. If he didn't eat the pie then he would still be questioned

to be clearer, I meant to say; what bookie would accept such a stupid bet? of course whoever bets will try to make it happen, and even if it wasn't fixed it will come off as suspicious anyway.

>S*n

This desu. He did the best thing he could after knowing it because this way the S*n LOSE money and any top lads who bet on it get a payout

>eat a pasty
>bet said pie
>get fucked for it anyway

8/1 to eat a pie on camera?

Fuking lol at UK shit odds. True odds normally 800/1

And Britcucks call a sandwich a pie?

Odds were probably only given on him eating the pie with his knowledge and blessing. The Sun are Sutton's new sponsors.

>it's your big match day
>you iron your kit on the park bench you slept on that night
>you put together a packed lunch in your 5p Morrisons bag from the few items the foodbank gave you
>you got your favourite flavour pasty as a treat to yourself to celebrate the big day
>turn up to the ground after your mate gives you a lift in his Corsa
>someone informs you just before kickoff that some people are betting on you eating a pie during the match
>you know FA gambling rules mean you can no longer eat your pasty
>it's the second half, all subs have been made so you know you won't be playing
>you're so hungry and the thought of going back on the streets after all the TV crew have left depresses you
>this pie won't keep forever, it was already starting to go bad
>you hide away in the dugout and quietly eat your pasty hoping no one will notice you
>BBC cameraman zooms in on you thinking it's funny
>a committee of millionaire suits reviews the footage and decides to destroy your humble life
>you don't want any of the lads to get in trouble so you resign from your position, losing the priviledge of sleeping 3 nights a week in the laundry room
>HEADLINE : Local footballer found dead in park, assumed suicide

The Sun Bets betting agency put out a Tweet before the match with the odds of it happening, probably as a joke. It wasn't just people betting on something random.

agree with this, you do something like scoff a pie while a game is getting filmed and it's going to get on TV
it was hugely irresponsible of the betting company to offer odds on it
especially since it's something that the guy can easily do, if it was come on and save a penalty then we would be in a different situation
if I walked into ladbrokes and asked for odds on myself eating a tesco sandwich in the next half an hour then I'd get laughed out of the building

If anything this should be a call for the FA to rethink their gambling rules and take the goalpost out of their butts

>ywn be a living meme

if he knew about the bet and consciously made a decision to not eat a pie on camera, wouldn't he be fixing the bet in favour of the bookies?

unless you're bringing out the men in black neuralyzers what do you want him to do, actively not eat a pie and bank some cash for ScumBet?

What the fuck are you talking about lad?

if you cringe at that you're pretty fucking autistic
or an insecure fat cunt yourself

>american eyesight

The chances of getting on camera at a tiny football ground are pretty high, the here were only 500 Arsenal fans there and most of them got on camera.

I can't believe no one double-checked this idea before, but then again
>the Sun

>sandwich
Get some glasses, Randy

The Sutton head coach is an attention seeking wanker.

>a pasty with meat and potatoes
isn't that basically a pie

The idiot already admitted he knew there was a bet before eating the pie. Fucked himself by saying that.

No.

can pies have meat and potatoes

but how about this scenario
>knows there's a pie bet
>doesn't eat a pie
>people win money

he was fucked either way

was he asked whether he knew about the bet, or did he just openly declare it?

>stuffed sandwich
>pie

Does he have a history of doing this? The odds of this happening spontaneously on camera with no precedent are a lot longer than 8/1. UK bookies are cucking you with shit odds, which they are notorious for

This. He should have just pretended like he had no idea. The bet was stupid anyway, but he could have at least had plausible deniability, if he'd said 'What bet? I just like pies'

For everyone defending him, the club obviously know something that the public don't yet know. They must have clear evidence of betting fraud.

That's not a sandwich, you blind fuck.

just leave it. A pie to him is a dessert dish

What the fuck are you getting odds of 800/1 on?

>This simple yank wandering through the thread like a tit in a trance.

nice baseless assumption

Yes, but the difference is, pies have a lid and a base, pasties don't.

Not necessarily. He wasn't given the boot, he stood down. I think it's just as likely that if there is trouble over this he doesn't want to take the club down with him.

>Sunbets offering 5+ figure lays on a meme market
lolno

Could also be a paedophile, who knows?

It's a sodding pasty, how on Earth are you seeing a sandwich?

When someones resigns in a scandal, it's usually because they have no other choice. It's a nicer way of letting someone go.

You guys don't understand the full situation! The betting site which made the offer was the shirt sponsor of Sutton, so that's why he's stepped down.
Also fishy as fuck, most definitely fixed.

>Sun pays out a five figure payout on pie bet

Plot twist, it was Shaw who made the bet.

I got it wrong, they had to pay out the 5 figure sum instead

twitter.com/SunBets/status/833797353010262016

The coach and owner was on sky news half an hour ago saying he asked him to leave.

Lads do we know what pie it was I'm itching for one
Where can i buy it? Tescos? Sainsburys?

This is actually the second time they've got rid of him. First time was when he tried to fight some rival fans in the stands.
yourlocalguardian.co.uk/sport/10859175.Wayne_Shaw_released_by_Sutton_United_following_Kingstonian_fracas/

What's the s*n meme?

>pie
>it was a pasty