Brian Wilson - Pet Sounds

Brian Wilson - Pet Sounds

What about it?

DennisIsntEvenFeedingAnything.jpg

i think OP is trying to start a thread where we take band-made albums and imply the true "work" of them was so held to one person that the other band members were mostly irrelevant outside of being hired session players.

John Drumbo French - Trout Mask Replica

Ringo Star- Abbey Road

Trent Reznor - Nine Inch Nails discography

Various Artists & Ghost Writers - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy

How much of a role do you think drugs played in the writing of this album. Brian Wilson maintains that the drugs helped him be more creative while in the end causing him to lose his ability to make music. Do you think that the album would have been just as good had Brian Wilson not been hopped up all the time?

Brian Eno & David Byrne - Remain in Light

he wasn't "hopped up", he'd taken acid a few times and he smoked a bit of dope, but it wasn't until SMiLE that he really started with the acid experimentation, then he started smoking shit tonnes of hash during Smiley Smile's sessions, and then he started properly fucking himself up in the mid '70s with speed and coke, it's those two which caused brian to become the shell of a man that he is now

Yoko Ono- Some Time In New York

Listening to this album right now. It really is a masterpiece. I am not sure who deserves more credit, Brian Eno's production or David Byrne's song writing. I think it goes to Brian Eno because i heard that he provided the tracks and David Byrne just sang over the top of them.(I think)

this your first time? be sure to check out this by the way, which is popular but doesn't get nearly as much buzz as Eno's TH albums

Nah, not my first time. First time in a while though. I have never listened to that album. I will have to try it.

Pete Townshend - Quadrophenia

Wasn't he already doing tons of hash during Smile?

Jimmy Page - Led Zeppelin

Eric Clapton - The Beatles

I'm sure the ridiculous amount of pharmaceuticals Landy had him on were every bit as damaging as the coke he did before, if not more so.

NotEvenA2/10