What do you think about Hurricane Harvey?

What do you think about Hurricane Harvey?

Other urls found in this thread:

facebook
twitter.com/jeff_piotrowski?lang=en
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Seems like a cool guy.

I think it has been over-hyped as far as the category level. Category 4? 130 mph sustained winds at the eyewall? Haven't seen that yet.

Mike Seidel is reporting live on location from Port Lavaca that it is tropical storm level, sustained 39+mph, with gusts up to 60 mph.

The eyewall has already come ashore, and Rockport only showed a top of 68 mph while I was watching. Nothing even close to 100 mph.

Trump chooses this moment to pardon Arizona sherrif Joe Arapaio, so the hurrican level may have been deliberately inflated to help distract Americans from that. Who knows?

A big storm? You bet. A lot of rain and flooding coming? Sure! But a cat 4 hurricane? I have serious doubts as to the validity of it.

Being a Texasfag myself, even as far inland as I am...I'm fucking scurred Sup Forumsoys

sohuld have been hurricane herby

From Corpus, home is probably not gonna be in one piece when i get back, feels bad

Maybe it'll be ok

The Weather Channel is now trying to walk back their scare tactics from earlier. A lot of "um's" and "uh's" as they are admitting that the strongest winds have already come ashore. Mike Seidel addressed live that it is NOT fake, so clearly they are reacting to mounting public criticism. Jim Cantore, in the absence of any real wind damage, is saying it may take days (..days!) to see any damage, so ummm, you know, don't say i'ts over-hyped.

Freeport 19 mph
Galveston 28 mph
Port Lavaca sustained 39+
pffft.

good, take that as a sign to move out of texass

It's going to be fine. Jim Cantore is there, and from the live feed, it's just strong winds and rain. No hurricane force, sustained winds.

I live around houston so I'm a little worried after what ike did aha.

not even raining here in freeport. barely a wind

Same shit different storm. All ground measurements are 50+MPH less than what NOAA hypes.

>Houston

that sucks.... negrocity. Enjoy your looters.

Also it the soil around Houston is clay and it takes fucking forever to drain.

The TV coverage of this storm is going to suck since its hitting at night. Weather Channel has to hate this.

I just saw a grown man on the news get knocked back a few feet from the wind. Power lines and lightpoles are down and catastrophic flooding is expected by tomorrow

Corpus christi, san antonio and the coast is fucked son

R O .. S E

Good to know, my pops is down there, and here i was tripping about it.

Man dont say that shit, getting me all paranoid, im in SA we're too far inland for this shit

Harvey the hurricane

It's not the hurricane wind that's the problem, it's the flooding afterwards

They said anything within 75 miles is fucked (it will be flooded)

Yeah, the power loss and rainfall flooding are the real serious threats here. Someone's going to be playing out in the floodwater and get sucked down a drain. Always happens.

Thats true

Trump did Hurricane Harvey

And the washed-away cars and flooded rivers. Also billions of $$ in damage

Hurricane Harvey is an example of somebody who has done an amazing job and is being recognized more and more, I notice.

I wouldn't know about the negros never really been in houston but my area has anti-flood systems in place so i'm must hoping the power doesn't go out.

O ya just like the levis in new Orleans.. Those held up pretty well from what I remember

im stuck at the airport and shitposting thats how i feel

Good luck! Hopefully modern technology and storm awareness has given your area the time to prepare.

NOAA reports Harvey has just made official landfall as a category 4 storm. Katrina was category 3 at landfall.

Well I'm fucking spooked because my house is old af and probably will take some heavy damage, but the flooding seems a lot spookier and will probably be the shit that fucks up my house entirely

What the fuck is an anti-flood system? Lol

Nigger nobody has an "anti-flood system", when the shit floods from thousands of gallons of rain everything floods. Good luck

Where are you faggot? Are you close to the coast? If so get the fuck out like you were told hours ago

They're saying 37 inches of rain on average now, this is a historic fucking storm

Im in a trailer home, how you think i feel?

NOW EXPLAIN: how will your guns protect you against this big guy huh?

lot's of reservoirs and storm drains.

Good luck to you Americans. I can't fathom what it's like to face such storms as a European.

There has been no local evidence of it being category 4, though. Rockport is the only location that had a +60mph wind gust, then they stopped relaying its data. Other locations are getting sustained Tropical Force winds (39+), but no sustained hurricane force winds. BOGUS!

Erm ok

Nobody said they did.

I think Jeff is a fucking madman. Who watched his stream?

You are fucking stupid.

lol my company housing I live in right now is like >2 miles of of the coast, no way its still in pieces. Thank god I don't own that shit RIP my tv though.

Thanks you for your kind thoughts!

the joke is about us texans and our guns in general.

high or drunk?

When the storm drains get flooded on the other end of where they lead to it backs up on your end

That's why they have the national guard and air guard deployed all over the Texas coast now. There's no such thing as an anti-flood system

Yeah it was crazy. Dude's a legend.

It went back up for a few minutes but is down atm

By shooting the hurricane in the eye, of course.

No corpus, Houston and Austin are fucked, sanantonio is a goddamn safe haven, not one inch of rainfall yet.

All I'm worried about is if it would be bad enough tomorrow that I can't get any weed from my weed guy. Because I'm not riding out this storm without some weed

facebook
.com/wxchasing/videos/vb.290340114630959/521430981521870/?type=3&theater

WXChasing is live from Rockport

rip in peace, jeff

That's good! The less rain the better

At least it's hitting Texas.

Rockport city manager: "People are trapped inside at least one collapsed building. We can't get rescue teams to them right now."

Did anyone else hear the line go dead when they were talking to the governor? That's some Day After Tomorrow shit.

We have stronger winds in Scotland than this regularly. But because it's very common, the trees have grown deeper roots and in Scotland we build our shit to last, so no worries here.

Seconded

Ma nigga jeff has balls of steel

Now they say 60" plus is some locations.

They should have left when they had the fucking chance

Rockport seemed to take the eye wall head-on. Good luck, Rockport!

Jesus christ

Fox news is reporting water levels of 13 feet

san antonio? lmao where the fuck you from where you think a city 100 fucking miles inland on top of fucking hills is fucked lol u r fag

Mate, I'm in dripping springs (which is right next to austin) and I'm just about to jack off.

Fuck i meant rain.

sa is over 100 miles inland you double nigger

Hurrican Harvey Live Beach Cam in Galveston
Traffic is driving as usual on the beach road.
Literally nothing.

This is the model 6 days from now.

you;re getting mudskin slides currently tho

twitter.com/jeff_piotrowski?lang=en

13 feet is what the storm surges along the coast are predicted to max out at. Rain is expected to be 30+ inches in a lot of places. I don't know how deep of flooding that will turn out to be.

because its in rockport

It'll be windy

People are going to die

If this is anywhere close to true, we are talking biblical flooding.

austin fucked, my sides

nigger do you know how far austin is from the coast

Funny this is the first time I hear of this yet every one won't shut the fuck up about the moneygrab upcoming match up between the 2 ego fag lords.

I think that liberals need to go out now to protest in right now.

Kek

I wonder what Rockport did to anger God so much?

>biblical
That's exactly what they said 2 days ago

(observed weather data from Rockport)

>KRKP 252202Z AUTO 02044G55KT 1 1/4SM -RA BR BKN013 OVC023 24/24 A2932 RMK AO2 PK WND 02055/2202 LTG DSNT SE P0001 T02440239

>KRKP 252216Z AUTO 24/24 A2929 RMK AO2 PK WND 01057/2206 LTG DSNT SE RAEMM PRESFR P0004 T02440239 PWINO $
>KRKP 260307Z AUTO VCTS RMK AO2 LTG DSNT E PWINO $

It looks like their wind sensor got blown right off along with some other sensors.

Formosa and Alcoa

Racisum

We're all gonna die

Mark Gregor is gonna knock out Floyd Maywetter in round 2.

It had something on Hillary

Hurricane Harvey is the direct result of Trump and his pro-capitalist goons causing global warming.

You all were warned in 2016.

No just a shitload of people there

Thats code for: Hold onto your ass, it's going to be a wild ride.

>It looks like their wind sensor got blown right off along with some other sensors.
Or did they just shut it down because it wasn't reporting those 130 mph Category 4 winds they were claiming?

Just say they were were natzis. Solved!

now Texas has a blonde comb-over

do you think anyone here can read actual weather reports

I'm in conroe right now, north of houston. I have water, canned food and chemlights I stole when I was in the Army. I live on sort of a hill and my apartment complex is surrounded by what looks like a sort of moat. Feels good man. Houston's fucked though, sucks to suck losers.

I think they'll blame it on the evil White-man when some old black lady drowns.