Does Sup Forums rate kirk cousins?

does Sup Forums rate kirk cousins?

He's not my cousin.

When he was on his rookie contract he was a bargain but if he does get 20+ million annually, he ain't worth it.

He is alright, but needs to be more consistent (which I think he can do).

"Our" GM does not like having 1 player eat most of the salary cap. But "we" haven't had a solid QB since Theisman.
Kirk still hasn't shown he can win a big game but he's better than most. It really is a difficult situation. Do you shell out megabucks for a guy who is good but not great (yet)? On the plus side, he doesn't get injured and his wife seems like a great catch. And he fosters homeless dogs.

He's a real big nerd and still seems like a real modest guy with a real competitive streak "YOU LIKE THAT".

>High fives for everybody
To Aaron Rodgers
>You're like Gandalf

Id argue against that and I'm not even that big on kirk. Unless there is another safe option for them at QB, which there isn't. Look at how many QBs get drafted and how many pan out to play at Kirks level. And it's all so unpredictable in terms of quarterbacks gettig drafted.

Look at all the borderline qbs hopping around the league getting short deals 3-4 times then sitting on a bench another couple of years before retirement.

There's a reason fucked up contracts like osweilers get signed. For the Redskins kirk is absolutely worth 20 mil. Is it a great value? Fuck no but it is pretty appropriate value in this qb market. What else are they going to do get in on some of that geriatric romo and cutler action? Let their qb on a borderline playoff roster walk to roll the dice on the draft?

today 20 for cousins is probably a good, but not great deal. If you don't have an above average qb in this league you literally have no chance of winning

Literally our guy

I'm a bears fan that's finally watching the Cutler contract die. I think Kirk is probably in the 10-15 guaranteed range with anything else being incentive based. I understand where you're coming from though

I like him tbqh. Decent guy and player. Above average QBs get paid 20 million and that's that. He deserves it more than guys like Budweiser or that italian guy from the Pats

I rate him average

>came in with zero hype
>ESPN constantly shitting on him after he played only 4 or 5 games
>overachieved
>is actually pretty competent and has a good arm (which is hard to come by these days)
>takes shitty franchise with bad ownership and awkward roster to the playoffs
If overrated garbage like Tanneshit can get a big contract, this guy deserves franchise QB type treatment.

He's a borderline top 10 QB in the league. Definitely worth $20m a year considering contracts shitters like Osweiler, Flacco or Tannehill got

Deserves a big payday. An above average starter at the most important position on the field. Every QB needy team in the league should be banging down his door because players like him rarely hit FA

>down by 6
>one hail Mary will win it
>Kirk is in pain
>throws one last bomber
>intercepted
>med staff is called over as spaghetti flows out of his jersey

>He's a borderline top 10 QB in the league
Correction: he is a top 10 QB in the league

>tf
>tt

None of those players are worth their deals and you using that mindset to say Cousins should get it because he's less shit than them shows you're a cuck. If the Redskins are smart they draft or sign a cheaper QB and tag him to trade to another team or as a stopgap for a rookie qb

A deal with a $20m a year average would make him around the 13th best paid QB in the league. He's easily better than the 13th best QB in the league

Would you pay 20 million for someone who can't even get their team into the playoffs? He literally choked away their playoff spot

I would pay 20 million for a QB who ended the year
>3rd in passing yards
>8th in completion%
>13th in TDs thrown
>12th in INT%
>7th in passer rating
>3rd in yards per attempt

He did get them into playoffs in 2015 season tho

What a terrible opinion.

Not many talents in the league better than kirk at his age. There are like 6 qbs rn young enough to sign long term contracts and other than carr and rodgers I dont think any of them are better than kirk.

Kirk won't be with the Redskins more than this year at most. They spent so much time building his value by franchising him that they know they're going to fuck up with his contract, they're just not sure how.

He'll go to a team that needs a QB and is willing to pay. Like the Jets or 49ers

Solid if unspectacular and has the ability to put a team on his back. I would take Cousins over anyone in this draft class.

Tough spot for the Wagonburners though. He isn't good enough to propel the team to the Super Bowl but he's played his way to an elite QB contract.

Rodgers is not a young qb lol

DON'T PAY HIM DANNY, HE AIN'T WORTH IT.

hes 33 dipshit. At the rate qbs play now rodgers can sign a 6 year and itll be a safe bet.

He's a middle aged QB, all those good QBs will play till they are 40 nowadays

who

He sucks
Had his chance to prove he was actaully good and ended the season instead

Would you also let Matt Ryan walk because he had his chance to prove he was actually good and blew the Super Bowl instead?

HOW YOU LIKE ME NOW *misses playoffs*

cousins is not ryan

No, but he's a very good quarterback and it's unfair to judge him based on one game against one of the best defenses in the league

He already proved it by going and winning MVP
Cousins had and a mediocre year and blew his shot but Sup Forums acts like he is good
I am sorry but I have to say he hasn't been good yet
Sup Forums is wrong in rating him

Rodgers game is more dependent on athleticism than people realize

I'd still take an aging rodgers over 90% of qbs in this league but I really question if he's going to still play on a high level past 35-36.

>Cousins had and a mediocre year

>3rd in passing yards
>8th in completion%
>13th in TDs thrown
>12th in INT%
>7th in passer rating
>3rd in yards per attempt

If I was the skins GM I'd sign him. I'd rather pay the money than throw away years of the organizations time and probably my job trying to find another QB. If you're not ready to dole out an NFL record setting contract you don't get to keep an above average QB anymore (and even some average ones) past their rookie deals. Getting a Dak Prescott or Russel Wilson type that comes in and is effective but plays for peanuts is the dream team building wise, but good luck catching that lightning in a bottle consistently.

It's better to overpay him a few millions and be a somewhat contender that spend years and years drafting and signing busts and being Brown tier.

He's 28. This is his prime. It looks like he wants his payday and if the redskins don't fork it over, he'll hit free agency. He could very well become the next guy on your list of shit QBs on massive contracts. It's a huge if

I loved cousins since he started, especially since he took us to the first consecutive winning seasons in my entire life. But they keep saying hes going to be the highest paid player in the NFL and nobody is worth that kind of money. That fuck schneider is gonna pay him though just to sell jerseys and Redskins will go back to being shit

Thats literally what I just said.

Stick to cleaning toilets

We shall see, other than matt ryan hes the youngest of the established elites. Brady and Brees are too old to sign huge extensions but everyone else is young. But of the youngins kirk is definately one of the best id be willing to sign big money to.

The 2015 NFC East was a cripple fight. Everyone on the Cowboys got hurt, the Eagles went Full Meme with Chip, and the Giants suffered through a worse case of Eli derp than usual. The Redskins just won because they were the least awful.

He just feels like a poor man's Rivers. Will put up nice numbers but don't expect any actual team or playoff success

Can this meme die already? We saw the broncos win a superbowl with a corpse for a qb.

You're retarded. The last QB's to win the superbowl are Brady, Peyton, Wilson, Flacco, Eli, Rodgers, Brees, Roethlisberger and Peyton again. With the exception of Flacco and Eli who played as well or better than the others in their respective playoff performances. Peyton was still Peyton in that Superbowl run. He played arguably shitty, but defenses still had to worry about him. There's tons of decent QB's like Rivers that are never going to win the Superbowl because they're just a step down from that top level.

No you can win a superbowl and not be a super elite tier qb. Alot have done it.

Obviously it helps if they are elite but youre argument is you cant which is totally horse shit.

This is completely false. Redskins were just a better team with a top 5 offense and a defense that had a good turnover rate. It was just obvious the other teams were doing bad but none would have surpassed the redskins because they had a top tier offense

He's capable of winning a superb owl, our management and owner are notoriously shitty so I wouldn't put it past them to sign and trade the guy for a few second round picks or some stupid shit like that but like others have said, he's the best quarterback we've had in a long fucking time unless you count RG3 pre dead leg