Sup Forums what is the greatest single food of all time and why is it smoked salmon

Sup Forums what is the greatest single food of all time and why is it smoked salmon

i politely disagree

because it tastes good. also you can have sex with it before you kill it and/or after you gut it.

I have to disagree. I worked as a sushi chef for years. After butchering all the salmon we would save the tail end filets for meals at the end of the night. I got SO sick of cooked salmon in anyway.
love raw salmon though still, or even better, salmon belly. this guy knows whats up My personal favorite though if pho

Because with a toasted onion bagel, herb cream, dill, red onion and capers you can't go wrong with adding some of that succulent smoked salmon.

i retract my statement about ANY cooked salmon. Lox can be the shit if done right.

That's a damned fine Sunday morning. I might even go pick up the stuff for one tomorrow.

Absolutely. Honestly lox is hard to beat for me. I like it in scrambled eggs with chives on a warm crossiant as well.

i actually won't even shitpost itt salmon is fucking good

Greatest is my mom's cooking

I miss being home

Nah. Beef wellington, medium rare.

feel attempted. it's not very effective.

my mom was shit at cooking. never put in any effort; she found it tedious and boring and i could taste it in all her dishes.

I'm glad you like capers though. I'll never forget my first job. I was a dishwasher. One time, the head chef came back to the pit, gave me a piece of better with a little bit of butter and capers on top then asked me to eat it. I did and actually liked it..it was so different. Never had anything like it before...my mom was a pretty lousy cook. I remember him thinking it was really cook that i liked capers. It didn't dawn on my until years later down the culinary path i pursued what that actually meant.

A type of seafood will never be the single greatest food

Haha yeah for sure. I am not a picky eater honestly. With that being said I stopped eating meat fairly recently but still eat fish/seafood so pescatarian I guess. But I will never understand people that refuse to eat something because it's green.

>being this picky
How's primary school going

because it's smoked trout.

smoked trout tastes nearly exactly the same as smoked salmon nigger

oops meant to say bread not ..better. Anyway. Aw man....why? We are at the tippy top of the food chain! enjoy life! Eat everything...in moderation i guess. Idk...do what you want. As a chef I could never limit myself like that.
I fucking hate picky eaters though, they are the fucking worst. I'm sure you are a cool person though...you like capers, so ill let you off the hook for that one fag.

When I smoke salmon I don't eat for two days so I can go fucking crazy once it's done

Seared ahi is a million times better than salmon. Gtfoh

no it doesnt...salmon, as fatty as it is, can be super dry. Trout will almost always be moist and flaky. idk about smoked trout though...but i imagine it would be more moist then salmon depending on how it was smoked and the process in breaking it down ,, yadda yadda.

its a different fish...it might taste the same to you but it will have a different texture. btw, how would you know? All you do is eat bagel bites all day.

Haha, I don't know man. I guess I'm just a fag and it's partly psychological but slaughterhouses bother me. If I do go back to eating meat it will probably just be wild game and free range stuff.

But I agree, picky eaters are fags. I live right on the west coast of Canada with access to without a doubt some of the best seafood in the world yet I know a bunch of people who hate seafood/fish. Fuck em. Usually I find it's a reflection of their character. I've never found a picky eater that I have gotten along with in other aspects of a friendship. They are like fucking giant children.

I'll take jambalaya with chicken and sausage over any seafood dish.

Whenever I'm feeling down I get drunk high drink a energy drink/coffee smoke a cigarette then eat salmon while I jerk off

all i ever had was the ny jew smoked salmon so i didn't even know what the good stuff was until i went to duluth, mn.

There's a big difference between being a picky eater and being a picky eater infront of other people, especially those you first meet

how did u know that

I had this one girl who started whining about the mushrooms on pizza and started picking them off. REEEEE

Get your fucking gook soup outta here

lol I was waiting for that to happen.

Get some dank gumbo going or maybe thai curry. Pakistani food is great as well, specifically chicken biryani or nihari. Also can't pass up a well cooked steak or properly seasoned and cheesed chicken Parmesan. I fucking love food and I can't choose

Fuckin' overcooked

>cooked

while I have to say, it's a prettty weird looking piece of fish, it's probably not overcooked
proteins would have started leaking out in that white foamy type of stuff

Whenever I bake salmon even for a short amount of time that stuff usually comes out yet the fish is not overcooked/dry and very moist/soft. Salmon is very delicate but I love to just shallow fry it in a bit of oil. Make the skin very crispy, usually 5 minutes, then flip it over and cook for 2 minutes. Serve it with a lemon wedge, or some lemon/butter/caper sauce.

Breakfast tacos are the best food on Earth. Here's why:

If you're super hungover or still drunk from the night before, just halfass some fried potatoes and eggs in a ton of oil and salt, wrap that shit up in some corn tortillas and give it a dash of hot sauce. With a bracing cup of black coffee, you'll be a human again in no time.

If you're in better shape -- maybe waking up with a partner -- you can do it up properly. Give the tortillas a light fry. Dollop some sour cream on top. Fry up little dices of bacon or sausage and use the fat from the meat to cook your potatoes.

My girlfriend and I make this almost every Saturday morning, and every time we both remark how fucking delicious it all is for literally like $2.50/person. It's simple and it makes your soul feel warm. It's perfect food.

Okay, I'm sorry but i have to step in. All the food above seems to be pretty good, but it doesn't compare to this delicious concoction!

you should really try the oven for once. makes for a really soft and lovely tasting salmon. quite different from frying it.

Also; a method to make the fish more firm and have less fluff leakage: coat the entire piece of salmon in salt and sugar 20 minutes before you do anything with it, let it sit.
Draws the moisture out, then rinse off the fish, and do whatever you would do with it. it's pretty neat

what a waste of those delicious prawn looking things

Knees weak
Palms are sweaty
Thinking that his guts gonna blow
Fathers jelly

you mean neet, right?

Hmm I will definitely try this again. So just like dry rub salt/sugar onto it and then rinse?

Does it have to be both or can I just use salt? I honestly don't even have sugar at home besides a few packs of brown sugar I give to guests for coffee or whatever. I love getting one of those large fillets of salmon for like $15-$20 especially for Christmas and baking it though.

thank you good sir you are 100% correct/

>jello
Fuck autocorrect in the ass

Never had smoked salmon in my entire life.
My cooking skill never got past level 1 and if I go to a restaurant there's always like 40 other things I'd rather eat than fish.

test

jimmies successfuly rustled.

i hate her and i don't know anything else about her.

Sturgeon is best smoked fish salmon is good raw

I knew a grown woman (a friend of a friend) who would not eat anything green, like ever. It was super embarrassing to go anywhere with her because she would perform a half-assed autopsy on her dinner every time.

Left to her own devices she subsisted on burger king chicken fingers and french fries. I do not know how she is not dead.

Medium-rare steaks, and if they ask for well-done, we politely but firmly ask them to leave.

sounds like a recipe for hamplanet mode.

While salmon sashimi is the bomb, it lacks the unique tang of poached wild alaskan salmon with a hint of lemon zest, freshly ground sea salt and pepper and nestled in a concave plate pooled with kikkoman sauce and drizzled over.

You'd think that but there was so little she would eat she was borderline anorexic.Maybe it works out like atkins or something when you don't eat anything all day but a huge bag of pork rinds, I don't know.

Me, I'm a simple man. I fucking love pizza.

>not enjoying a delicious roast

come on guys

Every so often I will eat only one food for about a months time. That food becomes my comfort, it's the repetition I like. One time if was bell peppers, another time it was Caesar salad, chips and salsa, etc etc. is this healthy? Is something wrong with me?

sorry, lost track of this thread.

so yes, you put the salt and sugar on it, let it sit for 20 mins at room temp (you'll see the liquid pool around it in that time) and then rinse off and use paper towel or some shit to dry it off.
The sugar mainly is there to counter the intense saltiness that inevitably carries over to the fish.

No need to season much with salt afterwards

Thank you will give it a try the next time I buy salmon fillets