More than four per cent of the population applied for tickets to see Oasis at Knebworth...

>More than four per cent of the population applied for tickets to see Oasis at Knebworth, the largest ever demand for concert tickets in British history

What did England mean by this?

YOU'RE MY WONDERWAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLL

that they've run out of culture and are running on fumes

>blur is better than oasi-

Don't post anything about Oasis

Fatburgers hates oasis

how did a relatively unknown one hit wonder garner this much attention?

Oh boy it's another Oasis thread

this. Oasis are a one hit wonder at best. OP is a lying faggot.

>4% of England applied for tickets
>250,000 people attended
>7,000 people on the VIP guestlist
>roughly 3,000 crew members manage setup of the stage and the largest analog PA system of all time
>the concert had it's own radio station for the entire weekend called "Radio Supernova 106.6 FM" that broadcast in a 20 mile radius around the event site
>broadcast live via the BBC to over 40 countries

How did they become so massively popular?

Radiohead - let me suck thom dick

Kanye west - Amazing , my beautiful dark twisted fantasy is 10/10 BRU

Kendrick lamar - the goat hip hop is saved kek

Grimes - better than bjork lmao queen

(Some meme album) - t-this is amazing...

Oas- - I SAIDDD MAYBEEEE WONDER WALLL LMAOOO ONE HIT WONDER TRASHTRASH XD

what did Sup Forums mean by this?

Everyone thought they were the second coming of the beatles but I guess the interest died down quicker than was thought.

Sup Forums just hates any white male guitar band (that isn't Radiohead, because Pitchfork and Fantano say it's okay to like them.) Just look at how much The Clash get shat on by the people on here, when they are objectively superior to most shit that gets pushed by Sup Forums.

I really like Oasis but they were big only in UK. They only had Wonderall as hits in other countries.

I'm not american btw.

The Clash is great. The Magnificent Seven and Rock the Casbah are better dance-punk than any DFA band.

Literally the first person I've seen on here who doesn't hate them.

Clash is garbage mate. Literally any punk rock band from UK in 77 was better. And I'm not even compare with american punk bands.

the clash are fantastic

Where you from

The clash suck. that guy is trolling

Canada

Brazil.

Now I remember that Don't Look Back in Anger played in the radios here too. But yes, they were two hit wonders here.

Be Here Now was the end of the hype. Shame as it wasn't a terrible album, but they'd lost sight of what worked for them and lost direction.