I really wanted to like this album however it loses its momentum halfway and I can't focus on what they are trying to...

I really wanted to like this album however it loses its momentum halfway and I can't focus on what they are trying to do, and then a rap singer pops up out of nowhere near the end. I don't know if this will grow on me.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FJAcUzwaLXg
youtube.com/watch?v=afmf1MF6GEo
youtube.com/watch?v=W10C7Qsl4V0
youtube.com/watch?v=zIRtjsI5OwA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>a rap singer pops up out of nowhere near the end

there is a rapper on the second track

Yes but Frankie Sinatra doesn't work with the notion of the album anyway so I counted it out.

the second track is Because I'm Me

i honestly think this album could have done without the rappers, i think its the only flaw. And being someone who has seen danny brown live that says alot, i do enjoy the songs that he is on but they still just kind of weirdly slide their way into the album, which i assume is how they wanted it to be. But yeah, i feel you. kind of wish it was just instrumentation or instrumentation and singing, still a very very phenomenal album though. Really enjoy it more everytime i listen. Being ive really only listened to this about twice or 3 times since its came out just to keep it fresh

quite a lot of the tracks on this album have a rapper on them

Danny Brown and Camp Lo are all over it

you don't sound very clever

>trying hard to focus on avalanches record
>rap singer
>danny brown appears halfway on track 15 and not near the end, is the last rapper

Park Music -> Livin' Underwater -> The Wozard of Iz -> Over the Turnstiles -> Sunshine is seriously some of the most blissful pop music I've ever heard. Don't know how anyone could prefer the first half when it has Frankie Sinatra, The Noisy Eater and the rest is mostly shit The Leaves Were Falling...15 seconds of a movie sample.

You mean sunshiiiii-aaaahaaaai_
-aaaahaaaaai-aaaahaaaaiaaah?

Very few members of the original crew took part on this, it really shows, I miss dj dexter the most

It's still a nice album but couldn't top the original, has a few killer tracks though

The 2nd half of this record is a psychedelic masterpiece. It'll grow on you. I hated it at first and now I like it better than SILY just for the 2nd half alone.

This this this

given time people will see how great it is

>Robbie is dying of AIDS so fast that they're trying to release one last album in early 2018

gonna miss these guys desu

Subways fuckin bumps though

If Robbie dies I'm gonna shit on his grave for cancelling their Chicago show

first real track

Pretty unimpressive for the Avalanches imo. Literally just Warm Ride

youtube.com/watch?v=FJAcUzwaLXg

Wow. I'm usually one for defending sampling, but this is just outright lazy from the avalanches. It doesn't change the mood of the song at all, or change up the rhythm, or even add many samples on top of this one. I can't believe people think wildflower is anywhere near SILY.

did dj dexter ever release anything?

Definitely lifted some weight off their shoulders with that album. Now they can play shit music shamelessly!

He's a DJ, more specifically a turntabilist. His role in the Avalanches before he left to do his own thing was literally just doing scratches on songs like "Frontier Psychiatrist". They recently said in an interview that they got 0% of the profits of SILY which is why most of them left

So he has never released anything? Not even a DJ Mix? Disappointing.

The Avalanches released a megaton of mixes in between SILY and Wildflower. Dexter is more of a competitive turntabalist. You can watch some of his mixes from the competitions he's been in though

youtube.com/watch?v=afmf1MF6GEo

already have. Love when he did the bird scratches on Frontier Psychiatrist live for a competition.

If you haven't you should definitely listen to the Cornerstone mix they did. It was mostly Dexters mix. Some of it so complexly mixed that people back then were saying it was basically like they're unofficial follow up to SILY

there's this amazing mix by him which makes me thinks he influenced strongly tracks like Flight Tonight and Frontier Psychiatrist

youtube.com/watch?v=W10C7Qsl4V0

>makes me thinks he influenced strongly tracks like Flight Tonight and Frontier Psychiatrist

'IS DEXTER ILL IS DEXTER ILL IS DEXTER ILL'

yeah probably

and don't forget DJ DEXTAH FROM THE SCIENCE SUPERCRU LIVE FROM PA-RIS

it's actually the Saian Supa Crew. Didn't know myself until relatively recently

youtube.com/watch?v=zIRtjsI5OwA

No fucking way, it's the crazy rapping from Flight tonight!

I also really love the psychedelic influence on the second half of the album.
It really feels like the sunlight to SILY's nighttime.

I'd actually consider SILY to be the sun coming up and Wildflower to be the sunset. SILY feels like you're looking forward to the future and getting hyped for it. Wildflower is looking back on your crazy adventure and reminiscing about all crazy shit you did as the sun sets. Those are just the vibes I get off both records.

That's why Teletubbies sing at the start of SILY

Wait, unironically?