Why the actual fuck do you have to tip in American resturants?

Why the actual fuck do you have to tip in American resturants?

because servers get paid $4/hr

Wonders of capitalism.

Yeah but why? Why not just pay them properly like in every other country.

because people tip them

It was a way for businesses to make more money. they don't have to worry about paying the servers as much, and they can also raise the prices on food. Currently in Korea, it's super common to not tip, and I enjoy it, don't have to do stupid math to make myself look like a decent human.

no, you don't have to, but some fancy restaurants won't allow you to make another reservation if you don't tip.

I mean ones you wear a tuxedo to.

that is, unless you make a scene about how shitty the service was and demand to speak to the manager or some shit, or at least make it aware that you were unhappy.

There are some gay rules where employers can pay servers less than minimum wage and use tips as part of their wages. It's some faggot shit that no one likes except employers

No one cares if you don't tip.
It's not mandatory.

#fakenews

because a server who works for tips works harder and is more friendly than one who doesn't

>No one cares if you don't tip.
>americans servers dont care to have more money

No one is going to stop you from walking out without tipping.

tips don't only go to servers, they get divided amongst the staff.

As a carhop i make $5 an hour and i have to deal with customer "im always right" mentality all day. Tipping just makes us feel better and it also allows us to keep working. (you can get laid off if you dont make enough in tips for quote "poor service")

American culture at its finest.

because of min wage

As much as I'm sorry for them, if employees aren't paid enough it's not the customer's problem, it's the employer's.

Not true, lots of places take all the tips given that day and then spilt them out across employees. I've worked in a few places like that. I use to give no fucks and just sit back and smile as the young good looking women would rake in the tips.

I'm glad I've seen both sides of it, I've never tipped in my life, you're literally choose to pay more for something unnecessarily.

Just have the employer pay them decently.

see
Why do the french have a long tradition of waiters that couldn't care less if you starved at your table waiting for them to come around? Because they get paid either way. There's no incentive not to be as shitty as possible at all times.
American wait staff are frequently all over your shit. Drinks refilled quickly and courteously, problems checked for and resolved quickly.
Sure we get shitty ones, just like you guys occasionally get someone that acts like they have a job.
If we get a shitty waitress, we don't tip, the manage actually has to pay her salary upto normal, the manager seethes and fires her.
The end.

I always tip 50-100% those poor bastards get paid shit and get stiffed all the time.

Yes it's cheaper for employers but it's actually better for servers. Waiting tables is one of the highest paid UNskilled jobs in America.

You can fail out of high school and still make $50k a year working at a shitty chain restaurant that heats up frozen food; and that's above median earnings for most age groups. If you're better than average you can make close to six figures at a nice restaurant. All you have to do is hustle and remember to write down a simple order.

Working for tips improves service overall because your average unskilled laborer doesn't make the connection between hard work and high income without it being a direct and short-term connection. This leads to a better experience on average for customers, cheaper labor costs for restaurants, and higher earnings for the waiters.

If you could make the same amount of money without visiting that fatass at table 23 asking for more ranch dressing for his French fries, wouldn't you make your job easier on yourself?

Because on average America pays less at restaurants for the same meal in other first world countries who do not have a tipping system. Lower cost of labor means cheaper goods for the consumer. Here in the United States, it is your option to tip. In one way or another, it's not your option to tip in other countries because it's being taken out of the higher costs in your food. I'm not saying it's a great system, but that's your answer.

If a waiter doesn't do a good enough job he should be fired, not "not tipped".

tfw 4 dollars per hour is like x2 minimal wage in my country

How does a eurofag restaurant tell? Wait for complaints? If a server is just slightly shitty, they won't get that. And you know the little fucks will hustle when the manager walks the floor, so they'll never see them slacking.
It's pretty obvious when the tips are missing that someone is either a) pocketing and not reporting their tips so they don't have to split with the cooks and busboys supporting them ( fired ) or b) they suck donkey dick at their job ( also fired ).
It basically let's the customers give feedback on every go.
Also, I like tipping people that serve me well. You shits probably bitch about tipping in strip joints too. Fucking fags.

Minimum wage is 7.25 here.
$4/hr is quite shit, so is forces the employee to "work harder" to earn the tips. Employers want return customers, so a "friendly staff" (even by figurative gunpoint) is how they manage.
I worked at a Waffle House for a while, and getting people to want to give you more money can be rough. You've gotta have either some level of charisma... or tits.

>he goes to strip joints
I am an italianfag , and to be honest, I have never seen a waiter not perform his job at least decently enough, and I've never tipped in my life. Stop trying to defend a blatantly legal theft. I, the customer, am supposed to pay for the product/service, not pay the employees.

Not only you are being robbed, your culture has managed to even make you defend this!
Amazing...
Truly American culture at its finest.

what are you doing in korea user

*Tipping*

Dubs say all you faggots blow gnomeTrump.

THIS.
The tipping system just saves the managers money. Plus, only titties make enough money.

Hahahhaahhaa pretending to be italien

Non male dire cazzate non appena ci si rende conto di essere stati colti in fallo!

Che meraviglia...

To
Insure
Prompt
Service

Could'nt care less about your wage. A said prise of whatever, means that said price for me. Why the hell would I want to pay more???

/thread

You don't have to, just as you don't have to not be a piece of shit.

So go on being a piece of shit, shit.

You don't have to, but it sadly makes you look like a dick. If you don't care, continue to not care.
It fucks with the employee and the customer. I hate it.

Lel, noice try faggot.
Whether you're on a fixed salary or not ,you should do your job properly.
Tipping is obviously an incentive for americunts, otherwise the lard arses would do fuck all, as usual.

I really doubt you frequent 'prix fixe' establishments.

McDonalds or Taco Bell seem more like your speed

Its an incentive for the waiter to not spit in your food. Also, you can reward the server for being plesant versus sending a message to them by giving them a nominal tip if they aren't helpful.

And how many hours you guys work per day?

This.
Pretending to be nice for a larger tip is perfectly in line with American culture: fake emotions, fake relations, fake everything.

They shouldn't "spit on your food" regardless of tips or not. This again shows what shit people you americucks are, only pretending to be nice for money.

Lmao you have never seen a bad waiter? I hope all the people you dont tip dip their dick in your drink after a good wank over your food.

Waffle House had 8hr shifts since they're open 24/7. Morning, afternoon, night.

No one tips here. And no, as I said, we are not shit people like you are, deliberately stabbing each other's back as soon as you don't get free money.

Found the jew guys can we gas them again?

Here in Italy a small fixed amount (~2€ per person) is charged anyway for the serving, so joke's on you.

>implying i wouldn't want the extra protein and skin-clearing enzymes found in fresh semen

Shit, I'd pay EXTRA for them to wank in my food if that was an option.

>I am supposed to pay for the service
Serving the table is the service, and you get to choose how good that service is, sooooo I'm glad you agree with tipping.

Everybody wins. Except the bad waiters, who make shit tips...because they suck...then they leave or learn to get better.

Here in Italy a small fixed amount (~2€ per person) is charged anyway for the serving, so joke's on you.
(Had replied to the wrong post, my bad)

Keked

It incentivizes quality service

europoors please go

eating dog meat without tipping

It does not. "Quality service" is bringing food on the table. What YOU call "quality service" is not being a dick for no reason, we are more mature than that here.

Nah all people are shit at least americans have the honesty to just be openly shitty.

All people are shit, I agree.
But not all people are POINTLESSLY shitty like you americucks seem to be.

>americans need a monetary incentive to do their job properly

>It fucks with the employee

Is not my duty to be caregiver so some waiters, I'm out for eating.

It only makes you look like a dick in 'Murica. Literally no one cares anywhere else.
In Japan it is even considered an INSULT to tip a waiter!

^ This.

>its almost like incentives drive behavior

Europoors confirmed for being economically illiterate

'muricunt at its finest, needs incentive to get more $$$$
Proof, once again, you people are shallow as fuck and that your lovely "capitalism" works fine.
Some of the lowest wages on earth, yet one of the richest country, well done!!!

Fair point. All that being said though I dont personally fuck with peoples food bc i could really care less i get tips just bc i actually go out of the way to be extra nice to customers. Especially regulars i often give them free shit and all and in return they choose to tip.

No its things like refilling drinks quickly, smiling and being polite, responding to requests quickly.

Im sorry europoors dont like American customs.

Maybe we should try importing millions of third world rapists? That seems like the best european custom.

Yeah, well, there are 20 million illegals here, frequently working as servers, they spit in your food. You tip them so they will be plesant.

Also, a lot of tipped workers use the money to send their kids to college or save the money to give their kids a good christmas.

Stop being douchebags. Quite simply, these threads are meant to flame and thats all. If you don't want to tip, don't tip.

"A service charge (tip) of 12.5% to 15% may be added to your bill but the practice is not universal in UK restaurants", AND they hide it and don't give it to the wait staff, how fucked is this?

cum does not enter the uterus, only individual sperm cells after going through the cervix, stop watching anime

kek

Where is "here" faggot? Afganistan? The things about these flame threads is that you cowards are willing to take the piss out of others yet don't want to divulge where you are. Fuck off, cocksucker

Yes, and I bet the server never even sees it.

You dont have to, its more of an implied thing but its not mandatory.

>his culture is so shit he doesn't even bother to try and improve it; just throw money at it and it will get better

cucked as fuck

Maybe understanding economic motivations is why we have the most powerful economy on earth? Europoors stay jealous.

>use the money to send their kids to college or save the money to give their kids a good christmas.

I use my money to said things...... FOR MY OWN CHILDREN! Don't care about a waiter's kids, not my problem.

because the owners a greedy cunts

Don't bother Sup Forumsro, it's prob some white 'muritwat trying to be smart.
He prob believes it too

Our food prices are proportionally cheaper because they pay staff less.

Again, you dont understand economics.

He doesn't because he is already being paid enough in his salary.
Materialist cuck spotted.
We have all of that too without tips.
Italy.

>you don't understand economics
Typical americuck response to everything.

>Our food prices are proportionally cheaper because they pay staff less.

hilarious considering, for one american farmers, are subsidized by the us government

It waiters need "monetary incentive" to do their job properly, why doesn't anyone else?

Because during prohibition people used to tip the servers in bars so that they would get better service and because since it wasn't an on the books job it allowed them to have something kind of income besides what the mafia was paying them, once prohibition ended the tipping just kept happening anyways so it spread out to most food services industries. You don't have to tip if you don't want to but it's considered rude. It's just an excuse for companies to pay their workers less and it also allows customers to feel in control when they're paying for their overpriced food.

>plesant
>ok
Use your tips for nightschool
Also, if you cunts were respectul in the 1st place, the "illegals" might not spit in your food.
Hey, here's an idea, why don't you work in a greasy joint? If you smart cunts did, there wouldn't be aliens in your country pissing in the tacos you enjoy so muhhhh

Finally someone with some objective knowledge and reason.

Do you guys also tip your internet providers, teachers, police and other

/thread

This is fact. I process loans and found that waiters can can make $35-$60 an hour when you combine hourly+tips. Not to mention they work 35 hours a week.. wtf

>We have all of that too without tips
You don't, obviously. I've been to europe several times. American waitresses are much more amicable. Tipping is a perfectly fine custom and allows for individuals to make a lot more money than normal via performance.

Try importing millions of muslim rapists and terrorists; i think that's a better custom than tipping.

this

Well, i'm sorry that they are being underpaid, but they should just strike and demand higher paychecks or just quit that job, not go around spitting in peoples food

Yes. Two things can be true at once. You're an intellectual powerhouse.

Why the actual fuck do we look in the mirror?

I wish cancer on you, early death for you faggoty children, FOAD cocksucker

No we tip bartenders, waitresses, and delivery drivers. Its a custom specific to food service industry.

Not an argument.

>been to europe
Where, exactly? It's a goddamn continent, you know.
>muslim rapists and terrorists
Try harder americucks. Just because I don't agree with tipping it doesn't mean I agree with the muslim invasion. I'm no leftist cuck.

Why are whites alwaya portrayed as the obese stereotype? Fat Mexicans are way more common.

>why don't you work in a greasy joint

too many europoors coming in and not tipping, faggot