This movie has aged so fucking terribly that I can't even find the words to describe it

This movie has aged so fucking terribly that I can't even find the words to describe it.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ys33TyKu_jk
twitter.com/AnonBabble

translation: ugh....I can't...UGH...I just can't...UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>>leddit

Absolute plebian opinion OP

>3 hours

nah i ain't even gonna attempt to watch it

with the amount of capeshit threads on this board, i'm not surprised people didn't enjoy this

Some of it has, but this is still one of the most powerful scenes ever filmed.

youtube.com/watch?v=ys33TyKu_jk

Terrible opinion.

>it's too long
>boring
>people don't like it in general
YOU FUCKING PLEB OP REDDIT SHIT TASTE DIE REDDDDIIIIITITT!!!!!

>>people don't like it in general

Looks like shit.

I was house sitting for my grandma and watched this on vhs recently. I'd seen it a long time ago and yeah it doesn't age well. It was always overrated imo. Also topkek sorcese used the rocky mountains or some shit that look nothing like Pennsylvania

Why does everyone love this part so much? The America scenes are the heart of the movie. I was actually far less interested in the Russian Roulette stuff.

>doesn't age well
What element worked at the time but doesn't now?

NING HOU
(hou means plan in gook)

>far less interested in the Russian roulette stuff
Same. The hunting scene is beautiful.

how about "pretty badly"?

The wedding scene was the worst part of it, and made me tired before the good part actually began. That said, it's a pretty great film with beautiful scenes. It could just benefit from a little editing.

Nothing wrong with making you tired. Tarkovsky makes me tired, that doesn't mean I dislike his work or that anything's wrong with it.

Heaven's Gate is a fucking beautiful masterpiece
I wish Cimino got to work with a big budget again before he died

Movie itself is great it's just De Niro being the low IQ Italian he is and pretending to be an actor that ruins it.

The only movies De Niro works in are the mafia or weirdo ones. Scorsese basically knows what's up.

>sorcese
Fucking kill yourself

>Cimino died this year
I didn't know that. American kino has lost one of its great artists. Hopefully hacks like Kermode don't completely bury his legacy.

ìt's too melodramatic. melodrama normally doesn't age well. still a powerful and extremely somber film.

Fun fact, I watched this film on the original Xbox as a teen and as a final fuck you my Xbox bricked after the credits.

kek

>Looks like shit.
> t. capeshit fan

It's pretty common for most time travel films to age badly.