Alcoholics Anonymous thread

Alcoholics Anonymous thread

1) How much do you drink?
2) Why do you drink?

because I'm a fagget and I'm not comfortable being gay

I drink as much as I possibly can a night

when I feel like shit 4 shots seems to do the trick

Drank heaps every night for ten years, thought I might be alcho. Stopped. No problems. Lost ten kilos. Don't miss the grog, just the the evening boredom, nighttime tv is no longer funny!

I try to not be drunk all day, but I'm usually drunk every other day. Drinking lightly throughout the day.

I drink because it helps with the anxiety

8-10 beers/day
boredom

1. It varies wildly. When I am focused on bettering myself I stay away from it completely for months at a time. When I'm an idiot I usually get wasted every weekend on a crazy bender that can last up to 24 hours with drugs mixed in. I am actually capable of having 1-2 but it can be hard sometimes.

2. General loneliness and boredom.

Drink alot every day. When not at work I drink consistently. Minimum 10 beer or a micky of vodka a day. Keeps my social anxiety away and I function better than if I am sober

well you brought this upon yourself by not killing yourself

yeah that's the lie everyone tells themselves

Quit being so gay then

>only 4

Well when I dont drink I can barely think or focus on anything. I'm successful so no point in lying to myself

Just embrace th home dude, go out and party in the gayest nightclub u can find and get all your holes filled with semen so gay it has glitter in it. Then u can come home and drink to forget the shame of being a dirty homo u til u decide to gay it up again.

Same here bud. I don't know how bad your anxiety is but mine cripples me. I drink enough to make it go away which is usually a slight buzz. I don't like to get wasted or drink myself into a stupor, I just drink enough for it to go away.

The doctor has tried multiple benzo medications and none work for me.

Usually buy a bottle of vodka on Friday and finish it before Saturday night, sometimes finish it on friday. Not really alcoholic level just binge drinking, I can't just drink a little bit.

1). I don't drink daily. More like 1-2x a week. When I do drink, I like to start way before everybody else to ensure I have some sort of buzz.
2). Alcoholic/stoner friends, history of failed relationships and low self-esteem, anxiety and depression. I really have no reason to drink. My parents love and care for me. I just love being drunk.

Gets drunk on weekends lololol

>People who don't drink whenever they're awake claiming to be alcoholics
Alcoholics are dependent on alcohol and need it to function. If you can function through the day without it, you're not an alcoholic.

So you're 18 years old and still live at home

No. I'm 22 and moved out a while ago. I just over-do drinking in general. Or maybe I'm not an alcoholic and I'm a pussy. Also a possibility. Lol

You're preaching to a board full of high schoolers user.

No it's pretty fuckin obvious you're not a alcoholic

This isn't 1800 what do you live in a fucking small town in AR ?
Get real dude, enjoy the penis and you better embrace being a complete faggot cause it ain't going away. At least it hasn't for me.

1. Sometimes I drink most of a bottle of wine on a weekend.
2. Feels relaxing.

I need help

This is basically my life

>Wake up after a 3 hour nap
>Get terrible fucking anxiety
>Try to walk around, do some exercises, deep breathing
>Nothing works
>End up drinking about 1 hour after I wake up and half the time I'll throw up after the first sip
>Drink until I get buzzed and tired, only to fall asleep again for another 3 hour nap
>Repeat

I'm pretty sure my body is shutting down. Nothing I do works and none of these stupid fucking expensive pills they keep pushing on me do anything. The last pills they gave me BusPIRone gave me non-stop heart palpitations.

I'm going to be dead soon, I can just feel it. My vision gets blurry, my head is too hard to hold up and I'm super sensitive to the touch which makes my anxiety go through the roof if I have nothing to drink for a few hours.

1.75L of svedka every week

get on medication.

the fuck are you talking about "needing help", that's pretty tame

What? Not even. That's far lower than the average consumption. A bottle of wine on the weekend isn't even close to alcoholism.

That doesn't sound like withdrawals user. It sounds like you're a hypochondriac. Do you get any sweating, shaking, seizures, hallucinations, blood in your stool, confusion or rapid heartbeat?

It honestly sounds like you have General Anxiety Disorder.

Oh holy fuck I hate those people. My brother claims to have that shit and he's a burden on the family. No job or nothing he just sits there all day in his room pacing back and forth and laying down.

It's easy to hate them if you've never gone through it. It's not just excessive worrying, it can ruin your life and take over.

lol your liver is failing you idiot

jeez, he needs help then. tell him to see a doctor about anxiety meds.

>meds
the american health care system. Just have em take some pills!

>1.75L on the weekend
>a few beers during the week
The less I work the more I drink since I have more time.
I'm not sure when I will quit. But I hope soon. I wonder what I can change about myself. How much money I can save etc.

Well the Pharma industry is a multi-billion a year industry, along with how much insurance pays out to doctors and hospitals. It's too profitable for it to be anything else.

I thought about this a lot when I went out to the bar. $3 beers add up really fucking quick when you drink every day. I switched to the liquor store and saved a ton of money.

yeah I never go to bars. I wish I did cause I'd probably maybe make friends.
Even if I have friends, i'd rather stay home and do nothing, but relax. I hardly go outside. I am a failure at life in general.

The only friend you really make is the bartender you're tipping until you stop going, then they forget about you.

Also, there's the endless amount of basic bitches you might have a chance with. For the love of God, wrap up if you get with any of them. It's not their first rodeo and you're probably fuck boy #5 for the week.

I drink when I'm sad, I drink when I'm happy, I drink when it rains, I drink when it's sunny, I drink when I'm bored, I drink when I have a lot to do. I drink when people die, and also when people are born, I drink, and I read, then I drink again. God bless us, because life would be unbearable without alcohol.

I'm not even interested in casual sex. I go home, drink then jerk off when im super drunk and can barely function.

Jesus Christ you sad sacks. How can you go out and not talk to anyone?

Stop feeling sorry for yourselves and go outside for fucks sake.

I sleep really fucking early though. On the weekend I wake up at like 3 am and theres nothing to do but drink.

Oh shut the fuck up granny
Just get a fucking job or a hobby to keep you awake during the day or something and stop pretending you're some 90 yo with a ton of ACTUAL health problems you histrionic shit

Get a job then? Or don't sleep so late.

You guys are stuck in comfort zones creating your own problems.

1) Half a bottle when I drink usually.
2) When I get depressed. Or celebrating. So 3 or 4 times a month?

my job is why I am up so early
I dont really disagree that I make my own problems. Just have to fix them. Simplest solutions I can think of is just quit smoking and drinking and go from there. 1 thing at a time.

i mean, sure, scoff at the ridiculousness of it all, but medications can and do help.
i function because of meds, i can't mock them.

Checked

this is basically it, they're pampered in life into thinking shit will solve by itself and moan about it when all they have to do is literally change a few bad habits to get what they want in life.

meant for

>meds

Or how bout read "crime and punishment"

Just quit 13 days ago.
I took ativan (Lorazepam) at 2mg for 3 days for every 6 hours. By the second day I went down to 1mg every 6 hours. After the 3 days I didn't have withdraws or cravings since. I was drinking for 5 years straight, at least a 6 pack a night. Now I just smoke more weed then usual but I'm getting my shit and my liver back into my control. Feels good being sober man!

>boredom
this is why i drink all the time and am on Sup Forums all the time and why i masturbate all the time

>1) How much do you drink?
Like 0,5 litre of cheap vodka.
>2) Why do you drink?
Depression and sleeping problems.

I wasnt pampered. I just took heroin for 2 years and when i quit I started drinking. Its an addiction, not a habit.

Set yourself a date to start doing that first step, man

A lot
In my blood to begin with. My best friend died, stopped caring. Trying to care again

>too much
>I don't know

Need help. How to not fall for the same girl again? She's already rejected me once and now we're going to be friends with benefits sort

A beer with breakfast.
2 with lunch then I work from 3-10 pm and after work more beer and shots of vodka/tequila or mixed drinks and then a beer before bed. I drink tons of water a day too so I bope my liver can cope.

1) 0 sips in 6 years
2) used to drink myself unconscious every fridays. Shy when sober, social monster once drunk.

Stopped cold-turkey when I could'nt cope with who I was when drunk. Had stolen beers from a friend to keep the buzz going the last night I drank. I'll be sober forever and it feels awesome. Never was a dayly drinker so I guess I had it easy.

You're an inspiration

Bottle of rum. Drinking because I lost control of my life.

"I can't see your illness so it isn't real."

Sure thing pal. Your brother needs help and you need to learn how to feel compassion for others.

it's LITERALLY
THE
SAME
FUCKING
THING !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop trying to make it look harder than it is and you're half the way there you dumb fuck

I can relate to 2). Glad I stopped while I could.
Did you ever or have you regained some social skills after quitting cold turkey? If so what was that like?

I drink about 4 liters of hard stuff a week, so about 500ml a day, or 10 shots.

2. I dont know why, boredom, helps me sleep, feels good

How do you handle not being as social now ?
How do you handle the feeling that there'sw another cool version of you out there latent waiting for you to drink
And don't BS me you and i know you can't be the same when sober... at least not as cool

Pint a day, usually
started because made me feel good, was fun
now is habitual, feels bad man

When I can:
1. I drink a bottle of vodka in 2 days.
2. I have anger issues that I keep bottled up. And I like to hurt/kill myself.

1/2 litre of rum per day.
Forget about the pain of living

Pick up a serious heroin habit for two years and let us know how easy it was for you to kick it.

This with weed. I had no idea how socially fucking fucked I am, OR severely depressed I am till I had some of each (never mix them though).

Needless to say, it has helped me consider getting help and accepted that I have a depression problem. I ain't addicted though so that's nice. Rarely do either.

I did. Either new years or close to my birthday. But I may quit sooner. If i can just make it to a weekend where I dont drink much I will have made it.

I can't consider that side of a person to be cool anymore, it's just painful to watch someone for so long get drunk all the time. I started to notice how I was changing in the eyes of the people around me. Sure I get you might have more fun when intoxicated but when you look around after a few drinks and realize you're the only one drinking heavily, it's time to re-evaluate priorities in life.

thanks for siding with me. I lost my friends and so much respect.
I didnt feel shame til after I quit. And no one has my back or support in quitting alcohol. No one cares, unlike heroin where everyone tries their best to make you stop. I didnt even stop til everyone gave up on me.

Easy just substitute heroine for oxycotin
>no more heroine problem

heroin is cheaper though. I was spending 100$ a day on dope.

THanks for the perspective bro, sometimes i have problems dealing with how people used ot perceive me they say i'm too serious and shy now and i still have a hard time adjusting

Stop being a poor fag and get a decent job with insurance
>pretend to have cystic fibrosis
>drown in pain meds paid for w/insurance
>die one night from accidental overdose

I'm not that poor though I make out ok. My insurance is the greatest I can get in the country. And Ive been off dope for like 3 and a half years.

Problem with your argument is i kicked heroine and alcohol and it's just a habit, stop trying to make it look like you're battling the fucking hardest problem in the world bud it's not.

several dead nazis a day plus a beer before bed. the big fancy ones. this system of things.

I was clean and sober for 7 years now back to drinking because Fuck it not worth dealing with the bullshit. Was just trying to give a tip to quit heroin

in the past 10 years I have only ever been sober twice, once for 3 months and once for a month after I kicked heroin, then I picked up drinking.
I smoke weed too, but I smoke it like once or twice a week if at all. Once I run out, I probably wont buy anymore and that sort of helps. At least I can truly pass drug tests.

Habit =/= addiction don't talk about what you don't know

Anytime bro. I feel I might have a hard time adjusting now too. I basically alienated myself from the people I went to school with, grew up with, etc. That feeling sucked. I ended up just sitting in my room all day waiting for the opportunity to get a couple bucks to go buy some vodka. Eventually you run out of things to blame for your problem and evidently start blaming yourself (like i did). I had anxiety just going to the liquor store i always go to. The staff and manager know me on a personal level and I felt that was enabling me. Once I could't find the courage to even go outside to get some alcohol for myself, I said "Fuck it, i've had enough". Booked a physician, got me on some meds. Kicked the withdraw and the cravings. Now I gotta focus on the little moments where that little voice in the back of your head says "Yeah maybe one drink", those are the addicts downfall. Don't give in and take one day at a time until you can build some social confidence. I realized when I was drunk I wouldn't think before I spoke, now I always think before I speak so as to learn how to incorporate myself back into society again.

btw same user here and I felt fantastic once I was sober, but my memory is sort of hazy. I dont remember what changed other than I was working out and playing video games with less distraction. I could be more social too. If someone invited me out I could go anytime.

Exact same thing happens to me. "Youre too serious. Youre too quiet."

Once you run out you'll find a reason to get more. Unless you can find a reason to not to. Mine was my wife after 2 years slut left me. Life stayed same Shit different day for 5 more years said Fuck it and went a bottle of rum

This happens to me too. I just dont care much. I make jokes sometimes depends on the mood.

bump

I think if I ever stop drinking for just a few days I will never go back to doing it everyday. I am just scared to suddenly stop and every time I ween down, i end up drinking a shit load on the weekend.

I drink until my ball sack splits and my testicles fall out of my scrotum.

I drink because I cried when Chester Badminton died.

Yeah I got pretty numb that night too...

Yeah dude i always felt guilty walking up to the clerk and asking for yet another liter of vodka.. used to lie all the time about how i was going to meet up with friends at night and i needed to bring something for some reason, without him even asking i was giving him reason that's how insecure i felt.
I guess i still have a long way to go to learn to be myself without the drink and how to do basic shit like hanging out with my friends like some kind of kid always feeling behind the curve but i guess it's not the end of the world.

>3-4 beers and some vodka/cranberry

>My class/job schedule has a ton of down time these days so I fill that void by day drinking and enjoying the day.

The first week after quitting sucks. If you can make it past that not too hard to stay sober unless you have nothing else in your life. Then slow suicide by drinking doesn't sound so bad

A true alcoholic drinks at least 6-7 belts of cheap rotgut during lunch and comes back for seconds at supper

begone you tampon-sniffing whelp