Prove me that time exists

Prove me that time exists

Time doesn't exist. It's just a concept we thought of to help us understand the passing of events.

About a minute ago my clock was one minute behind.

What do you define as time?

it exists we just have one way to measure it

but we can measure it anyway we want

seasons, life/death cycles, fill in the blank

>if we evolved from apes why are there still apes
>if global warming exists why is there still snow
>if gravity exists explain birds

What is time anyway?

You made a thread about it.

If there is no humans, will there still be time?

Idk that's why I asked

Do you know any animals that know what time is?

chimps?

prove it

our perception of time is just the series of events that will eventually lead to maximum entropy
maximum entropy is going to be achieved at some point, there is no stopping it
this is because the universe is a closed system

Time is not real, clocks are real

people are not real mirrors are real

bears

they know when enough time has passed to stop hibernation

bears can't define time

oh
so you mean "defining" time?
that boils down to "which animals can have complex thoughts like humans?"

bears also don't know what an idiot is; they still don't mate with undesirable fucktards tho

i thought this was a scientific discussion

but i ended up in a thread about "does a tree make a sound if nobody's around to hear it?"

and yes, it does make a fucking sound

and yes, time will still pass

and you aren't a deep, intellectual person
you just have internet access

no humans = no time

bear = huurrr i know wha time iz

>no humans = no time

fucking prove that

Sun would still sun up/sun down, time isnt just time its a measurement of galactic movements

asking "does time exist" is as much bullshit as "does a tree make a sound if nobody's around to hear it?" we have absolutely no way to prove either so talking about it redundant

Time is the dimension in which "change" occurs.

If no time elapses, then no physical object can change its shape or chemical substance:

..... i.e. "time" is the "dimension" in which "change" occurs.

If we take a three-dimensional "snapshot" of the universe (or any part of it), then we have a fixed, static 3D image.

Our real world experience of a changing universe is best expressed in (at least) four dimensions :

(x,y,z,t) = width, height, depth, time

which gives the minimum number of "degrees of freedom" in which any object can change its shape, position, speed or substance.

Like it or not we can only experience life in a "space-time continuum".

HTH.

no other animal on earth can define time

so the laws of physics just don't apply if there's no consciousness around?

is that your point?

no other animal can make fucking cartoons about ponies either and those are real too

... unfortunately

The futures already happened. What you're experiencing is the timeline in a video, where it's constantly playing and your life is the little scroll circle. That's why you've had those dreams about future events that we've come to call "deja vu".

Time is our way of coping with and understanding existence. The really trippy part is that we're not all at the same part of the timeline.

>Anonymous
We cant define a black hole, but we know it exists

Then why are some animals nocturnal, they know what night and day is.

They know what time of year to mate is..

They don't know theres 365 days in a year, but they know, in there own way, time exists

Time and space are affected by gravitational fields and relative velocity of the observer , so they must exist.

Alright

Because they are not rational, eletrons weren't defined 3000 years ago, does that mean they didn't exist then?

this nigga get it.

bears have hibernation cycles so they are not entirely out of the loop

That's not it, there isn't 4 dimensions, there are 3 dimensions of spacetime. Vastly different

autistanswer.txt

no, that's not my point. my point is that we don't and will never have any way to know. It kind of all depends on how you define "existing", to most people existing means something that you can hear, see, feel, touch, smell, whatever. If there isn't anything around to ever even perceive what exists, we can never be sure. This isn't my thinking by the way, it comes directly from Stephen Hawking and many physicists share the same opinion.

if it didn't, then everything would happen at once

\maybe that's what the big bang was, the emergence of time and order out of a maelstrom of meaningless simultaneity

DAMN!

maybe it all did happen at once, but our consciousness separates it into what we call time

particles have motion and position. Every new configuration of particles in the universe defines a new moment. The series of moments {t_n}n->infinity define time.
Atleast that how i see it

>Minkowski spacetime

It dosent, its a social construct created by man

consciousness is a result of the universe's ordering, but it is the cause of some of its own ordering to be sure

Count to 3

By the time you finish reading this, time will have passed and there will still be no Half-Life 3.

lmao