Alright you degenerates time for the ultimate question. Do you microwave or boil your ramen?

Alright you degenerates time for the ultimate question. Do you microwave or boil your ramen?
Sup Forumsonus points for the best brand and flavor.

Other urls found in this thread:

rasmussen.edu/student-life/blogs/college-life/ramen-noodle-recipes/
seriouseats.com/2011/03/ramen-hacks-30-easy-ways-to-upgrade-your-instant-noodles-japanese-what-to-do-with-ramen.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I boil my mine usually, but i just moved into a efficency studio, so im resorting to microwaving. Kinda sucks.

who the fuck would microwave noodles that take literally 2 minutes on the hob? i never even considered this

You boil the water in the microwave anyways, you acoustic nigger.

god tier ramen here

Maruchan Chicken flavor or die.

Never had it, is it avaliable in the US?

>chicken
fucking disgusting user. Everyone knows shrimp is the best flavor.

Top Crammin' fo da Rammen'

agreed

Your race is weak and will be obliterated soon enough

no idea, canadafag here, but it's manufactured in the states so I imagine you could find it

Sweet ill give it a go sometime

You people don't have water boilers?

What in the fuck?
Why would i buy some unneeded plastic bullshit if i own a stove and a pot?

Shit taste.

boil
murachan chicken flavor
>only use half flavor pack...too much fucken salt, man
>usually add freeze dried onions, green beans, carrots, and top it with a fried egg along with sri racha hot sauce. i put that shit on everything

^ this

Pork flavored is your savior, you heretic! (And yes, you boil the water first, then you pour it in a bowl with the ramen)

they all taste fine, but shrimp is objectvely best

It's really useful for tea and ramen user. Boils after 1 min and its easily pour-able. Its super cheap so why not?

Neither.

You do it TDC style. You get a rubbermaid container, fill it with hot-as-shit water, put a picante chicken ramen in there with a few spoons of chili garlic sauce. Then you and your cellie talk to one of the cooks and buy some spices and meat smuggled out of the kitchen-- it isn't very hard. Ya'll can be having a kickass meal during the 4pm stand-up count for less than a book apiece.

yeah, i have a water boiler. it's called a sauce pan from ikea.

Kettles don't work well on 110v power we have in America. It takes like 3x longer to boil with them

boil

>you acoustic nigger.

oh, you mean a rapper.

Fucking disgusting, I just want noodles and broth with hot sauce mixed in.
This but the red package

Who here /hot&spicybeef/?

Eating ramen right now, microwaved it

this is why Eric Dollard is tired of your shit
crappy electric infrastructure

50 Ramen recipes:
rasmussen.edu/student-life/blogs/college-life/ramen-noodle-recipes/

Ramen hacks:
seriouseats.com/2011/03/ramen-hacks-30-easy-ways-to-upgrade-your-instant-noodles-japanese-what-to-do-with-ramen.html

Nissin sesame oil. Boiling water.

Boil noodles ,add sliced boiled eggs and shred some cooked chicken breast into it

Nah, sliced pork belly

Boils ofc, not an ass-degenerate-faggot, anything with black-garlic

I do the same. +Celery and green onions.
If you're not eating shin ramyun you're a fucking casual.
This is the best ramen, hands down.

Nissin
Beef
Boil in pot
Fresh chives and egg

Boil maruchan beef flavor, and add some Worcester sauce for a little kick

I can't decide between Pork or Shrimp flavor.

spicy beef is the best though

Microwaving is fine just don't ever fucking cook scrambled eggs in a microwave or add eggs to ramen and microwave both.

Microwave and add egg. OC related.

That just tastes of spice, and thats about it.

Best to make your own Ramen if you are not in China, Korea or Japan.

All the Nissin/Sapporo noodles you get in stores is ok, but they are mass produced and aren't that close to be authentic.

You start off with a simple Dashi broth.

Boil water and put in 2 sheets of Kombu (seaweed - check Asian markets for it), simmer for 10 minutes, take off the heat, remove the Kombu, add a teaspoon of soy, handful of chopped spring onions and 2 generous handfuls of Bonito flakes (Katsuboushi - again find it easy in an Asian market). Stir and leave for 2 minutes.

Drain the broth through a fine meshed colander, so all you are left with is the broth.

You can store that broth for a while, about a month if frozen, a few days in the fridge.

So now for the Ramen.

Add your broth, add a chicken/beef/pork stock cube/liquid (add to taste - some like a mellow hint others a strong one), and have it on a low heat so it simmers for a couple of minutes.

Add your spring onions, red ginger, peppers (if you wish), worcestershire/tonkatsu sauce either is fine, a clove of garlic crushed and fine so it melts into the broth, you can add chinese 5 spice if you like. Let that simmer for 2 minutes as said.

Then add your meat (cooked), mushrooms and if you wish snow peas. Let that simmer for 5 mins stirring gently. and take off the heat. Let sit for 1 min. Add your noodles (Ramen or Udon - Udon if you like them thicker). Give a good stir, and serve.

To add authenticity put an egg on top. Half boiled egg (halved) is fine, but I prefer to add the egg raw on top and let it sit for a bit to gently poach it and then break it up when I am eating, makes the broth more rich.

Chuckled/10

Forgot to say those who like a bit of alcohol kick to their ramen can add Mirin half way through.

Should I use these mushrooms?

Enokitake mushrooms are great with seafood dishes. But sure you can have them in the Ramen if you like.

I prefer Shitake myself, as they are meatier and goes well with meat based ramen.

You can also add corn if you prefer a bit of sweetness.

That is the beauty of Ramen, you can add what you like.

Boil shrimp brand whatever they're all the same to me.

Also for people new to cooking, before you add the spices, garlic, heat them up in a pan first then add them. That way you release their flavours and spices more easily.

Nice, I didn't know that! Thanks for the advice user! It's truly a dress your own dish to your liking kinda food.

only american fags do that people in real countries use water boilers

It is, the most important element is the stock, get that right, anything can be added to it with Ramen noodles and you have a Ramen.

There is so many varieties, there is even a curry Ramen dish.

But the most popular is tonkotsu ramen, which is pork belly ramen. This one takes longer to prepare, as the broth is made from the pork bones, so you are talking a good boiling of 3-4 hours, before making your Ramen dish.

But once its done boiling the bones, it is more straight forward.

But as said the above recipe is fine, for a quick dish, nothing beats freshness when making Ramen.

I just don't buy it because tastes like shit

I was under the impression the bones got boiled until gelatinous, did that's going to take longer than 4 hours

Hmm user has awakened a beast in my stomach.
That mention of Tonkotsu reminds me of when I worked at a Chinese/American supermarket. Everything I needed to eat delicious asian food was there. I'm inspired not user you make it sound so satisfying to prepare and eat!

Throw ramen bag on the ground until ramen is busted up. Pour broken up ramen into bowl. Pour water up to the ramen, hot water preferably, and cover (if no hot water you can wrap your bowl and cover with a towel and pee on it. Let it heat up for 10-15 minutes. Use the lid to strain the water from the bowl. Add in the seasoning and stir.

You can add seasonings, hotsauce for taste and a bit of mayonnaise to thickin it up. Get a sausage, or jerky/slim jim from commissary cut it up n put it in there. Sometimes we had jalapeños those were good.

Not too many people here will truly appreciate this.

For me I prefer 2-3 hours, because I prefer a good broth but with a good balance of flavour, now you can keep the bones in until you bleach them white if you like, but then the broth will be strong, and can be overpowering over the other flavours you want to taste.

Again it is done to taste.

Sample it after 3 hrs, if it is good, stop the broth simmering, if not keep it going for another hr and try again.

>teriyaki

Also don't forget if you make a stock from bones to skim the top every now and again to remove the scum from the top, to keep the broth clear.

But as you said, you can cook the bones longer if you wish, so the marrow, calcium etc break down.

But you don't have to. Again as said just taste now and again, and stop at your desired strength.

Or cheat and use a stock cube/liquid lol

Thanks for the insight.

I've made the noodles from scratch before but used a mushroom stock instead of pork.

Microwaving ramen doesn't even result in food, just sludge

That shit was the best when I was in, but now that I'm on the street again it is disgusting

This. Best of the Best.

Used to be a poor fag so I’ve done both.
But moving on up in the world so I boil it instead of microwave (like it should be).
Also adding shit like egg, chopped meats, veggies make it better IMO.
Favorite is shrimp, (they used to have tomato flavor which was the best but not anymore): )

Boil obviously but if I can't use the stove then I boil the water and pour it on the noodles and then microwave it.

No worries, packet ramen is fine, but nothing beats home made/restaurant made ramen. It is another class on it's own.

Just a shame in the US and UK, that not many places actually do Ramens, it is mostly yakiniku or yakitori places. (Yaki means grilled in Japanese, niku is meat, tori is chicken.) So they rarely serve Ramen.

However if people do have the pleasure going to an Authentic Japanese place, please try Katsu Curry or Tonkatsu Curry - it will blow your mind.

I agree, nothing like noodles from scratch.
I'm in Canada in Toronto where it's basically a melting pot. So many Japanese restaurants here I'll have to start looking into some sweet ramen shops!
Hmm Katsu Curry... I'll have to remember that one if I get the chance.

NOW Tonkatsu Curry sounds like a whole different level.