Why are you still trying to find a job? Don't you realize all of your efforts are futile?

Why are you still trying to find a job? Don't you realize all of your efforts are futile?

eremedia.com/ere/why-you-cant-get-a-job-recruiting-explained-by-the-numbers/

bumping for the readers

Revolution when?

>Don't you realize all of your efforts are futile?
Is it because of the Mexicans? :(

It's easy to get a job if you enter the right industry.

and 22% of baby boomers aren't retiring

and the fact we're getting 10k refugees this year (for comparison we've had 70k refugees in the past 30 years)

oh and the cheap Indian IT labor, can't wait for trump to fix H-1B laws

>and the fact we're getting 10k refugees this year
>10k refugees
>a year
Wow. So tolerant!

Go for county gov jobs. Lots of boomers retiring because they have too.

Always looking for young blood

I switched jobs back in December, and had 2 offers within 3 weeks. 5 months later I'm still getting cold-calls from recruiters 3-5 times per week.

Try being skilled at something.

No. It's because of incompetent but probably attractive 23 year old white female art majors that make up most HR departments.

What are you so skilled at?

electrician or pharmaceuticals. always in demand.

>tfw no job experience despite being 19
>tfw the wall is probably just going to be manned by military and not just basement gentlemen looking to enact their anti-mexican fantasies while staying far above any danger

>Physics degree
>over 1000 applications later
>no replies

He's a Wendy's chef obviously

>majoring in Physics

What the fuck did you think was going to happen?

Truth is: nepotism works. Having someone inside vouch for your already places you far beyond complete strangers. Fuck pride, beg your friends and family for jobs.

They told me I would get a job.

They lied and it's my fault for believing them.

I've given up on finding a job. I have a felony so no matter what the job market's like, it's always hard for me. I've basically just reached the point of fuck-it.

Really though, it's turned out to be a good thing. I work for myself now. I'm not getting rich, but if anyone DOES get rich off of something I do, it will be me.

I do some writing, sell a couple of $50-100 stories a week. Spend a couple hours a day illegally brokering freight without a bond - I could get caught but so what, it's just a fine. And sometimes I go yard-saling, look for bargains, a lot of people don't have a clue what they're selling, and you can make money off of it.

I do okay. I haven't really hashed it all out, because I don't bother with paying taxes, but I figure I'm pulling in around 40-45k/yr just playing my own little game with the American economy. I feel independent - independence from the job market is a bretty gud felng.

nepotism is cancer for the system

Cry more faggot.

Have literally been since high school, no college degree, now making 60k a year working only 45 hours a week on average.

Only 21 btw.

>getting a felony

Ahhhhh I know these feels too you're not alone.

Wanna tell a nigga how to make money writing stories?

Get your felony expunged, set aside, or whatever your state does. I have misdemeanors, but got them set aside so companies can't see my charges.

And like cancer, it's inevitable.

>Physics Bachelor's
>1000 applications for something for which you have no relevant experience
>no replies.

A physics bachelor's doesn't really work as a terminal degree. At least start a PhD program, user. They'll pay you a small stipend and give you free tuition.

If you already have an MS or PhD and can't get any responses, you might actually be autistic.

I have an phd in chemical engineering and I finished a postdoc three months ago, have only had one on-site interview since then but no offers. Wasting the best years of my life for a worthless education is feels awful.

>Wanna tell a nigga how to make money writing stories?
you lie on the internet

I do that, but my sister doesn't have the seniority to put me ahead of other people's family :(

>Wanna tell a nigga how to make money writing stories?

It ain't rocket science. Nearly every website that pays for stories has a submission e-mail. Write something, e-mail yourself a copy first so you can prove you wrote it if you have to, then e-mail it to the site. All you really have to do is google "How to submit a story to..." and it should take you right to the site and the info.

I suggest you write the story first, then figure out which site is most appropriate for it. If you try to write a story with a particular site in mind, it won't be as good as if you just write something that needs to be written, then decide who would be most interested.

This is my strategy if nothing else pans out

>Get your felony expunged

Not an option, already tried. I'm a bit of a fuck-up so since the felony, I've also had a lot of little petty shit - marijuana possession mainly, but also 2 DUI's, in 2007 and 2008, and a disorderly conduct from 2010.

You can't get a felony expunged with a subsequent pattern of questionable behavior. And frankly, I'm just not going to change my behavior, ever. I don't care enough.

>post doc

That's your problem anonsu. I have a PhD in chemistry. The post doc is a death sentence unless you plan on staying in academia or major government research centers.

Im a shit tier dropout and i just got a guard card and i start training pretty soon for security at a tech company.

Easiest job i ever got. They hired me on the spot with no security experience, they seemed really desperate for workers.

Pay is ok at $17 an hour, but we do get benefits.

>You can't get a felony expunged with a subsequent pattern of questionable behavior. And frankly, I'm just not going to change my behavior, ever. I don't care enough.

Then enjoy your life of degeneracy, and your eventual trip to prison, you fucking failure.

Lots of third shift jobs exist. It might not be people's ideal hours but it's something.

LOL - I am enjoying my life. I'm enjoying it so much that I feel no need to bolster my ego by insulting people on the internet.

What job?

What's the position called?

It's just security guard.

I'm mostly gonna be checking people's badges at the door.

That's a rare pepe. Never seen it before.

It's my favorite pepe.

Yeah I figured it at the time, but I had two on-sites and no offers other than postdocs...shit sucks. I'm seriously wondering if I should just start over again.

>Associates in Math & Science
>Just got a job that starts out at 35k with full benefits and pension. It peaks out at 85k. Can I live a peaceful modest life now and work?

>electrician or pharmaceuticals. always in demand.

Pharma no. Skilled trades yes.

Why is pharma not in demand anymore? Care to explain?

>slow economy
>huge rise in immigration (legal and illegal)
>women taking over jobs that men used to do rather than staying home
>non-whites more likely to get a position due to diversity requirements
Add everything up and white males are slowly being edged out of the labor force.

>lost my job
>lost my gf
>lost all hope
now i just wank and play csgo all day

SEEK is not my friend.

OP's post speaks so much truth. Back when I still had to write cover letters, I was not contacted back at all because my resume sucked from a lack of experience. Bitches do not care how nice or well-formatted your CLs were.

Now that I have a nice career at my workplace, I regularly get contacts and views on my LinkedIn even though I don't need your fucking job anymore. Now I wished they stopped shit-phoning during work hours.

please respond

>non-whites more likely to get a position due to diversity requirements

If you honestly think that's why a non-white person got a job then you're probably retarded.

SEEK is bro-tier

>>lost my job
>>lost my gf
>>lost all hope
>not losing your gabagool
life is still worth living m8

Im just not motivated anymore man.

everything kind of just feels useless.

shit week, i guess

You had to bring up the fucking Gabagool