How old should you be when you grow out of video games

How old should you be when you grow out of video games

When you have too many things occupying your time

I'm 21 and yesterday I bought my first videogame.
PayDay2 for Xbox, pretty entertaining.

probably already but nah

Once someone is mature enough to understand opportunity cost. People who play video games into their twenties+ are always, consistently, children who never grew with their bodies.

Personally, i enjoy video games. Without video games stupid people wouldn't have an outlet for their stupidity that they would have otherwise wrought in my community.

Video games keep Bernouts from voting
Video games can help develop an understanding of strategy for children
Video games keep niggers on their computer chairs instead of on my lawn
Video games cause other to fail, and increase my likely hood of success.

Payday 2 on console is trash.

Actually, Payday 2 on any platform is trash. Avoid that shit.

My main hobbies are cars, model building, and videogames.

Models cost a decent chunk of change, as does car stuff, so getting 50-100 hours out of a $60 game isn't too bad of a deal. Not to mention things like the Souls games tell an interesting, if cryptic, story.

The year you wanna drive to the country kitchen buffet as an old asian woman

Never, or this explanation. I think that goes with any hobby though. Video games just aren't productive, unless you use them to socialize. I play games, but not nearly as much as I used to.

you should have never started to begin with, playing video games is on the same level as any other useless activity like doing drugs.

>I was 16 when I played a video game for the last time
>some of my friends are in their 30's and still play video games

Does anyone else know this feel?

>he's not fishing for (You)'s

I don't think that there is anything necessarily wrong with "video games" in general for adults, it largely depends on the type of game.

It becomes pathetic for grown men to play games aimed at teenagers. I, myself, enjoy puzzles games. I figure they are just as stimulating as a game of chess. I don't have an ounce of shame announcing that I enjoy puzzle games as an adult. I enjoy solving puzzles in all forms.

video games is a medium. some things are made for kids. some things are made for adults. a lot of nintendo kids games are better than gritty bullshit made for adults though playing undertale right now, it's a nicely crafted little story.

what's weird is people who make it their identity. it's like movie buffs and bookworms don't act like this. but maybe we have that to thank, because when the politics of video games were being taken over the gamers reacted strongly against it in a way those other groups didn't really.

All video games are puzzles

>talking about undertale
don't do that here

I haven't even played it, but I know it brings a shitstorm

>how old should you be before you grow out of rock and roll

>how old should you be before you grow out of tv

>how old should be be before you stop interneting.

gaming is here to stay, new mass hysteria will be found soon. Probably VR or something like that.

How is posting on here a better use of time?

>first game bought at 21
>it's a pure shit game which mods and devs completely fucked up with the latest updates "4 da money".
enjoy your stereotypical jewish game.
>Goat simulator dlc
fuck all of them

thats the joke

>when is X bad?

This is a borderline rule violation and has nothing to do with politics whatsoever. Reported.

In addition to puzzle games like you mentioned, I personally really like strategy games (4x games in particular). They test your ability to plan both long and sort term, problem solve, and analyze systems. These skills may be tested in a "game" format, but I truly believe this testing will improve them for real world scenarios. I don't think your brain really cares if you're planning an invasion of the Dul'Nurak alien race and analyzing potential strategic chokepoints or planning an expansion of your business and analyzing potential costs.

Nothing wrong with video games regardless of one's age however don't make it your life

why would you want to "grow out" of a lucrative and future-friendly industry?

Never. Im 40. Would love to play them. If i had the time. 4 kids and wife. Fuck i only post on this board while im on the dunny.

NOT AN ARGUMENT

As long as you play sports games it doesn't matter. Everything else is basically degenerate manchild tier shit.

I'm not sure if this is bait or not. Sports games are usually pretty poorly executed compared to something that's, well, designed as a videogame from the ground up.

NO GABEN NO!

when you grow out of the embryo stage

NHL & FIFA all u need.

this, minus NHL.

Never.

Growing out of video games is a meme.

You will play them much less, but you won't grow out of it. You'll have work and other things taking some of your time, but, you shouldn't have any problems with playing some games after work.

It's a hobby.

and minus FIFA too

You'll know when you're old enough.

If you have to ask, you're not old enough.

>How old should you be when you grow out of listening to music?
>How old should you be when you grow out of gambling?
>How old should you be when you grow out of exercising your freedom?

no

kek

when did you grow out of reading books Sup Forums? Me, I was 17.

I dunno how old are you when you become double autistic and freak out about what people might think of you?

I wish I was born in some kind of luddite family Sup Forums.

Discovering video games once I'm in my twenties or something

If you still spend more than 10 hours per month with computer games when you're over 23 you're officialy a failiure.

You should have at least one or two productive hobbies by that time.

Video games are fun and enjoyable. Like all things there's a time and a place for them. If I prefer playing Total War or vegging out on Doom that's no different than plaging golf. Its sometbing you do with your spare time that you find enjoyable.

Not everyone likes football, not everyone likes video games. Do what you enjoy in your free time.

21, the age you can start buying booze.

Really this. As long as you're not letting soemthing consume your life then it's fine

Anyone who unironically condemns playing video games while simultaneously spending hours upon hours shitposting on Sup Forums is a grade A cockgoblin.

Enjoy it while it lasts, the fun stops after a few hours of playing pubs.

Born.
Born is old enough for me.
You should be able to put that shit down and not build your character around it.
Matter of fucking factly, name a video game character build that includes "plays video games all day."

Why do you assert that there are only two polar extremes?

But Sup Forums requires reading.

I'm 25 and it slowly happened over the past two years. I'll play Dota 2 once in a while but that's it.

It amazes me that men over 22 can sit on they're ass and enjoy playing single player games all day.

>It amazes me that men over 22 can sit on they're ass and enjoy playing single player games all day.

That's because multiplayer online games like Dota2 are insufferable.

Every single player you encounter in any multiplayer online game is like a tiny Hitler raised by a single mom.

send help

I've played since I was like 4 or 5. I'm still an avid gamer, but it's often limited to grand strategy and civilization these days. I've reached highest ranks in CS:GO, LoL, 6800 MMR in dota2 and beaten top teams in different competetive games but at the end of the day the glory gets forgotten once the game dies. After dropping these cancer-tier shit games I've felt far less stress and I genuinely enjoy my life more, spending more of it outside than ever before.

5 or 6 month ago.
20 years.

I am in my mid 20ies and i dropped most if now. If its cold or raining as fuck i might continue to play the single player series i started as kid like fallout, half life, the elder scrolls, warcraft and starcraft but that's about it. I still play games strategy games like EU or CIV with friends though. Games like dota and CS are not that enjoyable unless you are good at them and you have to play a lot to be good so fuck it.

>But Sup Forums requires reading.
Same with lots of video games.

>singleplayer
>enjoy experience as you wish
>multiplayer
>have to deal with cuntnuggets

My new neighbors are adult "gamers." They have the worst fucking lawn in the whole god damn subdivision. It's a fucking eyesore. The last owners were old as shit but they still managed to kept it nice and respectable, now it's just overgrown bullshit. Lazy fucks. We had a bad storm two months ago and they're just now cleaning up, except the idiots didn't bind the branches correctly so sanitation didn't take any of it on green garbage day. Now it's just slowly decaying by my mailbox. Fucking gamer cunts. I hope he missed a chunk of tree and flips his lawnmower when he can't see it under 6 inches of fucking crabgrass, I'd love to sip coffee on my porch and watch as he's mauled to death by the mower deck. Fucking gamers fucks.

I'm 27, self employed, and still play 2-3 hours of dota per day, almost every day. Some days I binge and play for 6-8 hours.

Gotta add though: I have no friends and never really do anything. My life consists of vidya and work. Work which I love btw. So I'm all good. Not very wealthy though.

Never. It's better than being a wagecuck.

Damn, your childhood was shit.

Never.

who /stellaris/ here?

>Not immersing your self and becoming commander general in Blitzkrieg 2 and storming Slav scum under the boot of the nazi war machine

And even with my low end PC I can download a shit ton of single player games even stuff I have never heard of, I like to play hours of single player but over 4-5 different games

Never if you're a competitive gamer making money or even a vlogger. Not sure if you got the memo but the job market is shit right now.