PATROLING THE MOJAVE ALMOST MAKES YOU WISH FOR A NUCLEAR WINTER

> PATROLING THE MOJAVE ALMOST MAKES YOU WISH FOR A NUCLEAR WINTER

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Quarry_Junction
youtube.com/watch?v=1DD_NCM_RJs
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

i just got fallout new vegas a couple of days ago. am i the only one who thinks this game is boring?

If you are playing to shoot stuff it isnt the game for you.
The main story is pretty dry after the first run through imo put the dlc story line is much better. Also victoria/christines story is by far the best story that isnt a part of the main storyline.

Fallout 3 master race.

i was mostly hoping for a good story, tbh. so far all i got is "some guys tried to kill you and stole your poker chip delivery." it's not exactly riveting. i'm not far yet, though. i just completed that place where the ghouls take off in a rocket at the end. but still, i have seen basically no story. some of the NPCs can talk more, but they never seem to say anything interesting. they might put a marker on your map, but that's it.

Ave, true to Caesar.

I'm in the middle of my third playthrough since it came out. I was playing the other day and realized that there's nothing to do besides a few fetch quests, the main story line, and getting killed by those flying poison things.

Keep playing, it gets better.

This

>getting killed by those flying poison things
>he dies to bloatflies

Cazador's

In all honesty the story is not that great. Not horrible but nothing to write home about. Most people who praise FNV do it because of the freedom that you have in the game. Like you said, "some guy shot you and took your chip" isn't very compelling but it also leaves you with tons of space to roleplay pretty much and kind of character. The story does get much better after you get to New Vegas though. Ave, true to Caesar.

The main story gets exciting for all of five minutes. At no point is there any emotional investment or characters to get attached to. Nobody like Amata or Dad or even Dr. Lee.
>bloatflies
>poison
pick one, also see

You're not even at the Vegas part of New Vegas. The story doesn't truly take off till then.

You should carry around some Antivenom when you're out in the wilds. It will make the flys easy to deal with. You can craft them at a campfire.

Fuck those things, deathclaws don't have shit on those bastards

The "main" story line about the courier is not the whole game, the game and universe is MADE by the side stories and factions etc. The game can end so many different ways depending on your choices making the courier part almost trivial.

Just go and find and explore all the abandoned vaults, pick apart every room for journals, books, audio tapes etc and you will find a unique and in-depth story in every one. The old home of the Boomers faction is my absolute favorite, as well as the Boomers themselves.

Post stories my dudes
>Be me, start a playthrough 4-5 days ago with TTW
>On level 22 now but still shit since I'm not good at min-maxing
>Been neutral throughout the game so far, hell I got Accepted by Caesar and the NCR.
>Going for a neutral run all the way and try to retain every town's sovereignity
>So far, Primm's got a sheriff, Goodsprings still got Trudy, NCRCF still got Eddie
So, I guess either Yes Man or Mr. House ending for me. Also, I've actually never finished the game.

Only game I've played where after finishing it the first time, I immediately started a new game to play through again and get a different ending.

You'd say otherwise if you tried to clear out the Deathclaws in Quarry Junction while very under-leveled.

Mr. House ending is pretty bleak and the worst ending imo, I would say fuck House and go with Yes Man

Fuck 'em both. I liked & hated the fact that Obsidian beefed up the death claws health though.

Following the Yes-Man quests too far will destroy your neutrality. NCR and Legion will turn on you.

Same user, why is the Mr. House ending a shit?
Yes Man from what I've been reading, just follows anyone's order so I guess that makes you the boss of New Vegas huh?

>Be 17
>Play FNV
>Legion is cool but have moral dilemma
>Always been the good guy in every vidya I've played
>Can never join them
19 now and everytime I start anew, can never get myself to "join" them eventhough I want to explore that branch and quest. Also been bringing Boone everywhere so we've been killing Legion fucks oh yeah!

This. You can't even get past that area until you got the right stuff. Unless you sunk the whole way some how. I've only been able to do it once. I usually get to The strip & all that by climbing up in a ridge above that great khan camp full of Cazadors & just toss dynamite until they're all dead.

Scoped YCS/186 is the fuckin way to go mang. Creep in, go prone, head shot from 5km away with bloody mess perk = one hit kill. Watch the other fuckers run around trying to find you but they can't. Head shot the father, when it comes to the mother you can get a surprise head shot in then follow up with the fat man, piece of cake.

hmmm.

i'll keep playing. i was hoping to hear "it gets better." i dont really think reading books dropped on the ground is going to do much for me since i never really appreciated that in other games, so hopefully there is some good story in the actual quests and character dialogue.

i'm not sure if i should start over entirely. when i picked my stats in the beginning i put everything on sneak/dex/int. i think maybe this was a mistake since sneaking seems to be useless in the game. should i restart and put a lot on strength? i've mostly been killing everything with a bat or whatever i have that's not broken. how did i wear out a lead pipe?

For anyone just starting out

>not being level

You shouldn't rely on the main story. The world is interesting. Do you read the notes lying around ? Do you play on hardcore to make finding food and water actually relevant ?
More important, have you taken a companion to travel with you, and exhausted their conversation options ? Have you considered the claims of the different factions you've encountered yet ?

If you don't give a shit about these things, just quit. People FNV because they care about the characters and feel immersed in the world mostly. Obsidian's writing and execution is appreciated by many, but hey maybe it doesn't cut it for you.
I'd say play until you get in the Strip and back out for the main quest. If you don't care by then, you won't after.

I should say that even though the Mr. House ending is the worst out of all of them in my opinion, it's not really shit it's just boring and kinda depressing. Basically Mr. House rules New Vegas with an iron fist like he always has and things don't really change, the NCR and Caesars Legion are held back from New Vegas but that's about it. The Yes Man ending is similar but has a few key differences that make it one of my favourite endings.

it's best not to play a low STR build until you know what you're doing. I'd recommend restarting and putting some points in strength just so that you don't die to trivial shit.
Sneak is pretty crap yeah, int is great though.

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Quarry_Junction

There are a shitload of deathclaws there

Oh no, you're playing just right. Sneak is game-breaking and makes the hardest levels easy, just like in Fallout 4. You'll want to pick a silenced weapon, either putting a silencer mod on your varmint rifle (Chet should have some) or straight-up picking up the full-modded varmint rifle Ratslayer in Broc Flower Cave. Then you can OS most enemies with a bullet in the head, and stay hidden with a high enough skill (silent running at lvl12 makes it easier). I can't enjoy the game any other way than playing a sniper.

>things stay the same
Huh, maybe that is the way to go then. Maybe I'll make two profiles to see each ending. Aight, thanks man.

>Play a full 10 LCk char
>Almost always critical everything
Pretty fun desu

youtube.com/watch?v=1DD_NCM_RJs
thread theme

Good meme my man

That sounds pretty fun, I need to try that.

Melee/Unarmed builds are my favourite in FNV, if you build it right you can be either an unstoppable tank who hammers shit to death or an invisible ninja who stabs people in the face. If you decide to restart I would say have at least 7 luck so that you can gamble easily once you get to New Vegas and make a lot of caps, and bring your charisma down to 1 because it doesn't affect anything besides your companion damage and your speech/barter skill which can be raised with skill points anyways.

Hell ye

Listen here profligate.

>not Big Iron on loop
boo

Whats the context behind that animu? Why's that a shield patch

I've always been shit at melee so I guess I can try this one, thanks user

>Mr House
>Bleak ending.

Nigger did you even listen to his plan?

Whats the context behind that animu? Why's that a shield patch

I'm sorry I don't have the answers you seek.

>drew himself fat
at least he's being honest

Clearly the only true faction is the Fiends

>factions
Yes-man is the one true ending.

Mod it until it's tits fall off

The first time I visited Quarry Junction and every time since

What's the matter, huh? Can't stand the sight of your own blood?

>getting to that level where everything is op
>every mutant is a master
>every ghoul is a reaver
>every scorpion is a giant
No fucking wonder I hate mid-late game and I always start a fresh save after that.

Hearing that outside of Morrowind always felt weird for me.

THISSSSSSSS
for real though at least get project nevada, way more immersive, and you can make the game way harder

what mods should I get to have that "Mad Max" feel? Vanilla FNV and all I have is Raider Painspike and Biker Googles with a Hunting Rifle.

I'm going to punch your pic related in the dick

Some of the slaves have been spreading stories about the burned man again...

yes

I haven't really look at nexus in a while to see if there's anything new worth getting. So that my main character isn't totally game breaking; I mostly stick with environment mods and Project Nevada (PN) I don't think there's really anything out there to make it 'Mad Max' style. Tits always relevant.

Just checked myself, none except texture mods. Not a huge texture fan, running on a toaster and all, guess I'll make do with leather armor and sawed-off shotgun.

Can Sup Forums halp me. In lonesome road theres a highway with like 5 death claws on it. How do i avoid/kill them easily

Funny this thread, just finished Fallout 3 again and started my 4th NV playthrough, feelsgoodman

Use a Fat Man.

whats YOUR starting special for a melee run? Im about to start one on Hardcore mode!