Horror punk release of the year

Horror punk release of the year

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IMeAv6xDLMc
youtube.com/watch?v=I5wt302oph0
youtube.com/watch?v=lgSLz5FeXUg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Horrorpunk still exists? I my losing interest in it sort of coincided with it slowly fading out. Stuff like Blitzkid's Apparational, the shit that the Bloodsucking Zombies and Nekromantix put out was proof enough to me.
Was I wrong? Was anything notable released since 2011?

*I -thought- my [...]

>Was anything notable released since 2011
fucking no lmao. this is the first good thing ive heard in a while. nim vind did put out and alright album a couple years back though.

I remember liking his song Killing Saturday Night although calling it horrorpunk is a bit of a stretch.

rym labels him as horror punk and idk what else i'd consider him. There's also pic related that had a few good songs on it. Otherwise misused is the only band I've heard in a while putting out good shit.

Horror punk music sucks. Most bands just sound like a bad Misfits cover band. Its the reason regular punk music died. These sort of bands limit their sound and style. Like how many generic songs can you write about vampires and werewolves?

horror punk is generally pretty shit yeah

I agree. I love it but holy shit most are just trash. Out of all the bands I've heard I have music downloaded from about 8.

That is one criticism I never could get behind, same with most neofolk bands being Death In June clones. It's simply not true - any genre has specific musical characteristica and these are usually set by their pioneers. There's still a lot of variation within those boundaries. And sure there is alot of good horrorpunk, you just have to look for it.

Honestly, most I've heard are either painfully generic or psychobilly/rockabilly which I don't care for.

Well, some cheesiness is expected. Blitzkid's "Five Cellars Below" puts a nice spin on the sound, I think. The Rosedales' "Once Upon a Season" is also kind of unusual (in that it's soft and family-friendly). The Independents are also rather atypical with their ska influences. "Eternal Bond" and "Do It Again" are great albums. Then again, this is of course still horrorpunk and won't re-invent punk music, just put a little spin on the typical horrorpunk sound. And yeah, much of the good stuff is closer to psychobilly.

I must admit I haven't listened to much horrorpunk for years so those are the only examples I have.

tbqhwyf it always kinda bothered me how every horror punk band just seems to want to be the Misfits, and every psychobilly band just seems to want to be The Cramps.

Examples of this, please. I listened to a lot of horrorpunk and psychobilly and I never got that impression.

youtube.com/watch?v=IMeAv6xDLMc
youtube.com/watch?v=I5wt302oph0

But that doesn't sound like Misfits at all.

You're delusional.

Well, the second one does but that's kind of unusual for a Blitzkid song.

What Misfits song does Love Like Blood sound like in your opinion?

youtube.com/watch?v=lgSLz5FeXUg
Or pretty much anything with Michael Graves. That might as well be Graves singing that song.

The similarity between Nosferatu and Danzig era Misfits is obvious but I don't get this at all. When compared to Danzig, sure, both have more operatic singing and more metal-like riffs but Misfits are still much noisier in both departments and Blitzkid is typically much more melodic with more obvious rock'n'roll influences and silent moments while Graves' Misfits are all about the bombast all the time. Graves era Misfits also can't write a good riff for shit.

And no, Argyle's and Graves' voices are rather dissimilar.

It's called horror punk because it's scary how bad it is