twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

depression sounds like nothing

broadcast - work and non-work

just for a day

and then nothing turned itself inside out

depressive suicidal black metal

m.youtube.com/watch?v=VQnlNKIVHy8

any specific albums you'd recommend?

Depression sounds like a bunch of muffed voices surrounded by high pitched static to me.

Coldworld - Melancholie^2

A word to the wise op

Stop being a whiny little cunt bitch and do whatever positive changes you know you need to do
it's not hard
if you were severely depressed I promise you, you would do anything to avoid this kind of meme tier shit

retard

To me, the first half of Sigur Rós - ( ) is exactly how I feel when I'm depressed

Try it: youtu.be/VFVtEQ6EmMs

LIK - Besvärtade Strofer
youtube.com/watch?v=i3N23RBfJD8

Anatomy of the Heads - An Adoration in Prayer and Ritual
youtube.com/watch?v=YOe0d0VhAgA
youtube.com/watch?v=4tZamFKyPwM

Raate - Sielu, Linna
youtube.com/watch?v=AzJuwzD8l6s&spfreload=5

Agreed, but sometimes I feel so down that I just want to embrace it for the moment and try again the day after.

It's definitely true though, most people are sad and then dont do anything to change it which makes them more sad etc. It's a vicious cycle that only they can break by taking initiative. However, some people genuinely dont know how to break the cycle and have no one to help them. That's when it becomes real shitty

You're fucking stupid. Depressive people are inherently masochistic. No wonder you think of depression as a "meme tier shit", you sound infantile and narcissistic.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ksz4NAM94Rw

Helpless Child, the anthem for despair and depression: youtube.com/watch?v=MF43aTBjqYA

Maybe this.

youtube.com/watch?v=pX8FpJKnNrc

>Agreed, but sometimes I feel so down that I just want to embrace it for the moment and try again the day after.

I know that feel bro, some of the best days of my life have been these kinda days. They always enable me to do whatever belligerent/dangerous/destructive activities I want. You should give it a try the next time you feel like that, it's pretty liberating. Niggas on the Moon, Jenny Death, and Bottomless pit are my go to albums on days like these.

Any albums for when you break up with someone you love because you know it's gonna go wrong and you don't want to waste time but you can't stop thinking about her?

grow up

Grouper - Dragging a dead deer up a hill

>turning negative feelings/experiences on their head and turning them into a positive
>immature

ever heard of the word catharsis?

>indulging in dangerous behaviour because you feel a sad sad is mature

All of the NIN discography is for depression, but each for a different kind (Expect for Year Zero).

>Pretty Hate Machine
The "I'm teen and my GF broke up with me
>Broken
The "Mad as fuck depression, which mostly is nihilistic and mad at the world
>The Downward Spiral
Same as the above, but adds shit-load of self-loathing in it
>The Fragile
The most self-loathing type of depression, where your hate your depression creates is mostly focused on yourself, you are on a verge of suicide now.
>With_Teeth
The rehab, where you are still depressed and sad, but you are coming to terms with it, you realize this is gonna stay with you forever.
>The Slip
In the same vein as With_Teeth, but little angrier, ending with acceptance of oneself.
>Hesitation Marks
The most "quiet" of depression, it is that type of depression you show in the most of the subtle ways, it's quiet anxious depression where you know something is very wrong.

>being a whiny bitch about being sad is mature

way more than being a selfish self-indulgent prick, yes

Taking the world by the balls > Thinking the world is walking all over you

youtube.com/watch?v=iW2vWcz6Q7c

>Taking the world by the balls

That means nothing.

Sigur Ros, most of Radiohead, mainly Kid A and Amnesiac, Souvlaki by Slowdive, GY!BE Lift yr skinny fists and FAinf, Hospice, Spiderland for some angst etc. Hope you pass this part OP, I know it fucking sucks, just hang on and when you get past it you'll be a much stronger person. Seek help if you can and go running or hit the gym or whatever physical activity you can.

Go fuck yourself, it ain't that easy to get past it.

>That means nothing to a limp wristed bitch.

Ftfy

Sigur Ròs - ( ) (from track 4 on)
Rivulets - ALL

i really hope you´ll overcome all that

Just started listening to Deathconsciousness.
I never properly got into it, I am at Hunter now. This is fucking amazing, fuck I was missing out. This is going to my list of some of the best personal records.

I feel downright miserable and like a failure, most of the time I use NIN, it showcases the feeling of depression really well in almost every release.
I'm getting sick of being sad and being mentally ill fuck, I'm twenty, just graduated and instead of getting a job I just sit in my chair or lay in my bed and beg for this world to end. Music is my only friend and the only thing that understands me and helps me.

Why would I want to "take the world by the balls" when nothing makes me happy? It does not matter how much I change my self-image, how much I improve, what experiences I gain, in the end I'm always back being miserable.

highly suggest this album for that sound
it's pretty depressing folk, but it's a dynamic depression. it's not just mopey and sad, there's angry songs, sarcastic pessimistic songs
it was out of print for a long time and the tapes weren't in great shape when they reissued it a couple years ago so there's a lo-fi quality to it that adds to the depressing feeling

Vic Chesnutt - At the Cut

Heretoir - s/t debut
Funeralbloom - petals
Mount Eerie - Wind's Poem
Mount Eerie - Black Wooden Ceilling Opening
Planning For Buriel - Quietly

>Lists Mount Eerie
>Does not include The Crow Looked At Me

Those phrases are typically used by frustrated teenagers who think the world is against them. If by "taking the world by the balls" you mean getting your chin up and doing with your life and for others, sure. If you just stick with edgy and vague phrases to excuse your destructive and shitty behaviours, you can just fuck off.

I was going off OP's criteria. Not everyone can relate to "A Crow Looked at Me". But besides the point it only really serves for one good tearjerker to be placed in Phil's shoes, and you become accustom to his pain with every listen of the album to the point where it becomes numbing in a boring way because you already know what's gonna be said next. I find Dawn and the Glow pt. 2 to be more intimate and ageless.

ALSO "A Crow Looked at Me" is more of a mourning album than a depressive one.

Music trying to be depressive doesn't move me anymore. Albums or songs where the tracks feel conflicted do if that makes sense. If the lyrics are juxstaposed against the music or if the song doesn't have a definite mood generate more intense feelings for me.

Currently I'm enjoying listening to "Illustrated Musical Encylopedia" by Ruichi Sakamoto. The opening track "Field Work" is moving.

I dont really engage in dangerous activities, instead I just keep to myself and linger on in my sadness. I know this might sound pathetic but at those points I just dont want to fight it because I know that it won't work. I usually just waste my night away and fall asleep and feel fresh and okay again. Just the way I deal with it

>thread for depression music

my time to shine

youtube.com/watch?v=7kPs3ezT-xU
youtube.com/watch?v=QE4_BvbT0Ag
youtube.com/watch?v=HkIpddogl_Y
youtube.com/watch?v=qFTs7AbU2Ho

this is a great one too

youtube.com/watch?v=HmgSBUPA0UA

Pretty much everything by Planning for Burial, the whole gloom group is great overall.
Also, apati, which are basically a sadder ripoff of lifelover

youtube.com/watch?v=ZDr0elu7Omg

youtube.com/watch?v=SkK23aLv_BQ

Good luck OP