Star Trek Discovery delayed

variety.com/2016/tv/news/star-trek-discovery-good-wife-spinoff-cbs-all-access-premiere-date-1201860613/

No surprise here.
They have literally no information out about the series and it's going to debut in a few months?

Graphics whores complaining about the fx have literally ruined Star Trek.

Thanks a lot guys. Star Trek isn't about that but thanks to you it has been ruined.

inb4 they cancel it

God damn it, I've been waiting for this for so fucking long already ;_;

>not even a trailer out despite launch in a few months
Have they even started filming?
Anything without actual footage is open to cancellation

>mfw they retool the show to have a heterosexual white male MC because IT'S 2017

They haven't even finished casting.

D O O M E D
O
O
M
E
D

KEK WILLS IT

episodes of a show usually take a week to record

Exactly.
And an effects special show like this needs even more post-production work.

They fact that they have no footage yet means that it'll take even more for the effects to be shored up.

I've followed a lot of pilots and I don't remember ever seeing anything where the cast was still a complete mystery 4 months (now 9 months) before the premiere date.

Most shows I can remember had a clear cast list a year before they premiered.

I hope it's not shit.

I'm guessing that Fuller is butting heads.
He's gotten used to getting his way with Hannibal and he also has American Gods to work on.
He doesn't NEED STD. CBS needs him more.

He's probably pushing for a "progressive" casting and CBS is refusing to give the go ahead.

>the first episode will air on CBS, with all following episodes exclusive to the CBS All-Access web video service, subscription cost $9.99 a month

That seems like racist, paranoid conjecture, but you may be on to something here.

What a mistake.

There's always torrents I guess.

Yeah, they're probably willing to concede the black woman first officer "main character" but he's also insisting on a black woman captain for her to look up to

That whole "She'll only be referred to as Number One until the season finale when her real name will finally be revealed" thing is cringe waiting to happen, too. Who could she possibly be besides Uhura?

The man's flat-out said "I want Captain Angela Bassett and First Officer Rosario Dawson"

Studios would flinch at that premise, especially for an already niche show. If they were quirky R&B singers who solved murders CBS might go for it, but not Star Trek.

>he's also insisting on a black woman captain for her to look up to
CBS knows that female black leads are ratings kryptonite

There are two very successful shows with black female leads right now. But "How to Get Away with Murder" and "Empire" are not space opera.

I've never heard of either, so I guess they're "very successful"

Which shows have you heard of?

Star Trek needs space racism, cheap foreign alien women and a white male captain with a southern sidekick medical officer

That's gotta hurt

You don't really need the air quotes.

I can just hear the 60 year old executives yelling at their subordinates about this "Netflix" thing and why they don't have one of their own

>about rappers and gangsters
Gee, I can't imagine why it's successful

Good. Gives me some time to finish TOS.
Shit is surprisingly comfy.

>"first" female protagonist in Trek
>more sex and openly gay couples
>prequel
>ship design is from star wars artist
>9.99 per month WITH advertisements

And How to Get Away With Murder has dropped considerably this year, but last year it had 9.76 million viewers and it was #1 on ABC.

Why are they not making a section 31 series?

I've been watching TOS too, it's fantastic. People write it off as being overdramatic and cheesy, but that's only because of the dated effects, the actors were really invested in their roles and the composition of the scenes are A+.

Are you forgetting Scandal also has a black female protag.

Oops, and just looking at that chart I forgot the other series with a black female lead that gets about as many viewers as Game of Thrones

Now we're talking.

aren't we progressive ?
we even have a colored women answering our phones

>overdramatic and cheesy

It can be both sometimes. It can be quite predictable too. It's part of what makes it so comfy.

CBS is ran by a bunch of old jewish guys so that's probably pretty accurate.

Will we ever be able to have a good Discovery thread?

Bad opinion.

I hope they do.

And a logical elf with an overactive thyroid.

I don't give a shit though.

NO! I Want a cute asian MC.

Naw she can be the maid.

On a side note, isn't it funny that even in Enterprise you never seen any crewman cleaning anything?

Will we ever be able to talk about Uhura's ass?

If its weekly, we'll get at least 4 episodes. That aint bad for $10.

The woman are often absolutely stunning as well. What the hell was in the water in the 60's?

a simpering devil-eared freak whose father was a computer and whose mother’s an encyclopedia?

Janeway doesn't count?

There's already a space show with an Asian woman captain

For some reason she doesn't attract any nerd rage

They use phasers to disintegrate garbage and teleport the expensive stuff away.

Holy shit those New Girl ratings

How is still on the air?

We don't want a Canadian future.

Zooey was barely in the show this season because of her pregnancy

Either they said first because their character is not a captain and is therefore the "first female protagonist", or they just forgot Janeway.

Just women being women.
No compare to this sad and bitter creature.

Jews.

He put first in quotations.

The current television audience is so abysmally stupid that they probably won't even know about Voyager. Not that it matters since this is going to be on that streaming service. Where only Trek fans are probably going to give a fuck. I really don't know what they're thinking with that move.

I think he's alluding to the fact that people are making a big deal out of it, ignoring that Janeway exists.

>you will never have a qt android servant to kiss and slap you

Why even live.

It's confusing because no Star Trek series has had a true "protagonist," the show's been quite ensemble-based from the start.

The Captain is *close* to a protagonist in most series, but for instance it's painfully obvious for the first few seasons of TNG that Wesley Crusher is the main fucking character.

>it's a Kirk fights an android with a giant dildo episode

How is ST:O? It just came out on PS4

I haven't played it but most people tell me that it's fun to level through once but that the end-game sucks.

I've played it for a year and it's pretty good. The end game is pretty thin but their free to play model is generous, and the story missions and particularly the general Star Trek feel are great. It's well worth giving it a try and the space combat is actually pretty damn good.

I shall download it m8s

Several TOS episodes make me rock hard. Can't say that about TNG.

Haven't seen any TNG yet, I'm gonna watch the shows in order of release.

Please explain why you have made reference to your erect penis ITT

I just started playing a few days ago

how do you expand your inventory?

This sounds like it will be a total shitshow on paper, hut Fuller did such a good job with Hannibal I've pretty much cut him infinite slack until he proves otherwise.

level up

Also, free 2 play players get a lower limit on max item slots than a subscriber does.

Not surprising at all, sounded like they had almost nothing done and only three scripts finished with the show airing in January. The fact that Fuller is always being so cryptic on his twitter already proved they had nothing really to show or talk about, honestly I wouldn't be too broken up if they just cancelled this one and started a new show with a more invested team, hopefully doing a post-Voyager Trek since I'm still not really sold on this retro thing they're doing.

> Star Trek isn't about that but thanks to you it has been ruined.

but, the ships always looked good

this is just a disposable hold over show while we're waiting for the next season of The Expanse..

Why were TOS' effects altered then?

What could possibly make you hyped for another shitty star trek show? Shitterprise and voyager wasn't enough for you?

Presumably for the same reason all the puppets in The Thing prequel were replaced with CGI: studios are fucking morons

The Expanse needs some serious retooling if gonna survive. At this point Dark Matter the headline show.

they should have an ayy lmao captain

If The Expanse features the single most important plot event of the books, the show will be unwatchable garbage after S2 anyway so it might as well just end there.

SG:U was pretty comfy.

Major Tits was the best thing about that show

This is seriously dismaying.

I can't believe this is happening. It seems to indicate that the new series will be a complete disaster. This doesn't happen with good series.

Wouldn't mind to sleep between these two.

>Yeah, they're probably willing to concede the black woman first officer "main character"
You know what pisses me off the most about that sentence?
The "main character".
I mean outside of the Original Series which was basically going from one H.G. Wells type story to the next, when's the last time a Star Trek series had a main character?
That was kind of the point of Star Trek since at least TNG, every character got some focus, every character had development. Hell, there were even episodes where they made what was in the past the equivalent of a Red Shirt be the main character for an episode or two.

I don't actually mind the budget remastered CGI on the TOS dvds. they retain the look the models had, just with more dynamic camera angles.

Is the captain still going to be some sort of mudslime?

>“Star Trek” is still in the process of casting a female lead, potentially a woman of color.
Alright

God why does her mouth look like the letter D fell over on its back.

I'm not racist, sexist, or prone to religious bigotry. What's with the basket of deplorables ITT? These views seem contrary to the nature of Star Trek.

It's a bit clunky and unpolished but it's still good fun, great references and atmosphere, plus being able to fly around in your own named ship blasting romulans is basically 15 year old me's greatest fantasy come true.

My biggest problem is that it's yet another retro show. I wanna see what's going on in post dominion war trek. Also the Fuller acting like he's doing something new when we had female and black captains almost 20 years ago is just sad.

>being able to fly around in your own named ship blasting romulans is basically 15 year old me's greatest fantasy come true.
The publisher not producing more copies of Starfleet Command 3 is one of the greatest sins of the modern age.

It's been a while since I wore the disk down, but it was basically the space part of ST:O with a simulated economy and galaxy conquest from the various factions including Klingons, Federation, Romulans and even Borg.
It was basically the Port Royle 2 of Star Trek with better combat.

You know, I don't blame Fuller for this shit because he's made half a dozen shows and this kind of press behavior is completely new.

It's CBS, they're cashing in on the #MentallyHill

>we'll probably have to wait another decade before we see anything post-Voyager
This prequel shit is pointless.

Star Trek Discovery is a seasonal anthology. The setting and time period will change with each season. Unless the alt-right kills it with bigotry in its nascence, we will likely see post-VOY Trek.