So maybe some boxer fags can enlighten me, how is this shit winning?

So maybe some boxer fags can enlighten me, how is this shit winning?

I'm not saying this takes anything away from Mayweather. He's the best at the game with the rules as they are.

Apparently in boxing it's allowed to tuck your elbows to guard your sides, bend over so your ass is to your opponent and tuck your head. This is literally FACE DOWN ASS UP. It sure looks like you lost and need a few seconds respite to stay in the fight.

Am I missing something?

turtle stance to wear down enemy. guess who was gassed after round 4?

we all know in a real fight conor would rape that monkey

It was just a pussy move mayweather came up with to make mcgregor gas out. Whenever mcgregor started to get too intense mayweather coward and waited. GG on mayweather's part, but mcgregor held his own and never went down.

mayweather? I mean idk who you're talking about here. I don't think you watched the same fight.

Conor is the better fighter, Mayweather is undoubtedly the better boxer. Conor conformed to boxing rules and stepped in Mayweathers game.

Yah "turtle stance". Can't they make this shit illegal or at least hugely dock them points?

It's like stepping out of the ring.

he used a lot of moves to gas mcgreggor he even forced mcgreggor to push him away regularly

taking more and more energy out of his punches

Chocolate >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mayo

>comparing a flavor to a condiment
brown shit stains in your underwear

>Fighting
>Rules
Its going to be disappointing no matter what

This is winning you retard actually watch the fight

>mcgregor taking hits like a man and never went down
>mayweather starts to feel the heat and turns into a turtle
Alright. Not even a fan of either, I was more curious to see MMA vs Boxing and I can see why boxing is dead.

Of course, but literally offering your butthole to McGregor to win was bullshit.

you're just an actual retard that doesn't understand the disciple, but carry on

Nothing gets a white man off his game like the temptation of black anus

It was obvious from the first round that hat this been a mma match or a street brawl McGregor would have just destroyed mayweather. However, this was not that and Floyd beat him with experience and good strategy.

I think the 'dick in ass move' was mayweather trying to get McGregor to do something stupid and get penalized or disqualified.

I was rooting for McGregor but you've got to respect a 50-0 fighter. He might not be able to read a page of Harry Potter, but he's really smart about boxing, and that's why he won.

Don't feel so sorry for McGregor, besides the money he went 10 rounds with one of the best boxers in history in his first professional fight. That's amazing in and of itself.

Mayweather is the master of manipulating the rules of boxing, without pride, to win.

This is how I feel about it too. It just makes this aspect of boxing look dumb. Fighters who do this make the sport ridiculous.

Bud, that's how boxing works. What the fuck do you think the intention of Ali's "rope a dope" was? He wouldn't have beaten Foreman without it.

Don't criticize something you don't understand.

>Mayweather is the master of manipulating the rules of boxing, without pride, to win.
That makes him smart. If the boxing community didn't want him to do these things, they could've changed the rules.

the disciple? ok actual retard.

they both said they were going to go to eachother, floyd lied. Mcgregor was right, he is a fucking "weasel"

Exactly.

You're an actual retard if you don't understand why stupid shit mayweather does is a reason why boxing is a dead sport. No one wants to watch stupid sissy game tactics like that. Its why MMA is more popular and it took a MMA guy to convince a retired 49-0 champ to bring the sport back to life for a year. If it was anyone other than mcgregor this fight wouldn't have made more than half what it did. Shit it probably wouldn't have even made a quatar.

>600+ million dollar grosse
>half of ireland flew in to see it
>Every pay per view bar was full
>2-3 hundred million in the purse

Dead? Ha, I'd like to be that dead.

Sure, give Mayweather his due respect - but also not that Mayweather fights have been typically boring as shit.

Imagine the boxer that could sneak a few good shots in, and literally dodge for 10 rounds winning every title.

Mayweather practically took very few serious punches his whole career. He's excellent at the "sport" of boxing but in doing that has ripped out the essence of boxing - that part that is supposed to resemble some aspect of a street fight.

idiot

>defending boxing's honor by showing how cheap it can be
lol

Holy shit my sides

Even if that shit is legal, it's a fucking joke. Should be illegal tbh. Floyd just abuses everything that doesn't involve fighting.

You don't understand boxing.

There's a billion sketchy things about that fight that I could write about for hours... BUT that was pretty low. In 4,5, and 6; Mayweather was goading McGregor into illegal shots by doing things no one in their right minds would do. He'd come in super low and deliberately get into a clinch so McGregor would had a perfect hammer fist opening to the back of the head. Mayweather would turn around backwards in a clinch in nearly all of them, something no boxer should ever do and no ref should allow (it's not illegal it's just dumb); he was trying to goad McGregor into losing points for shots to the back and I'm pretty sure he *did* lose points in 4 and 5 for "illegal" shots. They're shots McGregor likely didn't intend to land to his back but Mayweather moved so they did....

>floyd lied

Ha, are you 12?

That's the best move ever

No doubt there is a ton of money in boxing and huge revenue from pay-per-view events. Hyped up events tend to draw in interest and therefore money. Doesn't escape the fact that boxing has a negative connotation with a lot of sports fans. The rules and tactics which are exploited make it less exciting and somewhat corrupt

McGregor started it with a hug.

>being a coward makes him smart

>h-h-he doesn't have to fight! this isn't boxing its all about playing the game

You sound like those bunch of lazy niggers in the back of the mcdonalds hiding from customers thinking if they don't get seen they don't need to work and they still get paid. Nothing bad will ever happen right?! Like I said, boxing is dead and it takes an MMA guy to bring it back to life.

>mcgregor started it a hug
Alright and he if did why is mayweather's back turned towards him? Not once did mcgregor have his back towards mayweather.

>being a coward makes him smart

it does, he exploits rules and allows himself to be protected while his opponent wastes energy. I hate it, but don't call it a dumb tactic.

That's because McGregor couldn't face taking a massive cock'in

Ok, so Ali rope-a-doping Forman to let him tire himsef out is OK, but Floyd letting McGregor tire himself out is a shitty thing to do?

Idiot. This isn't a street fight, it's not supposed to be. This a strategy game. That's what McGregor fucking learned last night and what you still don't understand.

Boxing is a strategy game.

Tricking your opponent into doing something stupid is 100% strategy.

Fair point, but that's worlds different than "dead".

Tactics nigger, tactics. You're too stupid to understand how that is and always has been professional boxing. That's the difference between boxing and brawling.

I know enough to know that the Pacquiao fight was Mayweather running the whole time.

you dont think that was pathetic?

And this is why no one fucking likes boxing anymore. It why its dead. Your point is moot. No one fucking cares about boxing the only reason people watched this was because mcgregor an MMA fighter got a 49-0 champ to come out of retirement to show he can stand up to anyone in any situation. Literally no one gave a fuck about the boxing aspect. Its dead.

That makes sense now that I think about it. He was turning his back to him more than any fight I've seen. It makes sense if that's the reason.

Who hurt you, and did they convince you to Supersize?

>that part that is supposed to resemble some aspect of a street fight.
Who said that? It's two men of the same weight class fighting each other within the rules.

if one fighter can completely avoid being hit yet land enough punches to win the fight (whether on KO, TKO or points) then that man is the better boxer.

The average "street fighter" would get his ass handed to him by a professional boxer, which is why a professional boxer's fists are regarded as lethal weapons in some jurisdictions.

Most people said beforehand that Mayweather would win, not because he's stronger but because he understand the boxing rules much better.
Can't complain about something you knew would happen.

And yet McGregor claimed he would "kill him"

Outplaying his opponent. You want to watch a brawl go to worldstar

No, it's strategy, and it won him like 180million dollars.

Good boxers win using strategy.

omg you fucking idiots keep missing the point. No one fucking cares about your retard nigger tactics anymore. Everyone wants to see actual professional fighting not sissy turtle stance mode. You boxing fanboys are a joke.

alright?

And that's exactly why nobody watches boxing anymore

>hurr durr, anything that isn't swinging like a retard should be illegal

boxing =/= streetfighting, there are rules, there are tactics, floyd knows this and uses them to his advantage.

I get it, it's in the rules. But this "tactic" of showing your opponent your ass for a free timeout is stupid. It makes boxing stupid.

I just want to see hardcore interracial gay anal sex

Let em fucking fight. This pussy “break it up” bullshit is annoying. I remember Tyson getting his ass whooped for about 30 seconds then breaking out and KO’ing someone with one fucking punch. Even boxing has become PC. ITS A FIGHT. They know the ramifications. You could get fucked up. Just let them fucking go!

>implying boxing isn't stupid as is

ufc shill here, boxing is pretty dumb

Both mayweather and mcgregor talked a lot of shit. In the end neither did anything. Mcgregor gassed like he knew he would and mayweather knew that as well. Everyone knows mcgregor gasses in the end and the fact he went 10 rounds and still never went did shows how weak mayweather is comparison to actual mma fighters mcgregor's fought.

>The average "street fighter" would get his ass handed to him by a professional boxer, which is why a professional boxer's fists are regarded as lethal weapons in some jurisdictions.

>boxers often break their hands in bare knuckle street fights because they do all their work with wraps on.

Ok, I get it, you don't like how boxing works. Cry me a fucking river.

>nobody
>700+ million grosse last night

oh ok bud. Keep believing.

Ya that was weird, but it worked and the ref allowed it, so...

Fu
King
This!

Where it's always the same strategy? Tire you're opponent out? Bullshit

boxing is a joke.

i like how after one boxing match everyone is a mcgregor expert. he's hardly the best ufc fighter and most of his success is from dumb luck

end of the day, mcgregor talked shit, went to floyd's house, and got the shit kicked out of him

>Ok, I get it, you don't like how boxing works. Cry me a fucking river.

Mcgregor wins

that is a bitch ass move.
Ali at least had to expend his own energy dancing around.
Face-down-ass-up just gives a breather, and possibly a penalty if the other fighter accidentally punches the back of the bitch's head

Bitch, ever heard of the rumble in the jungle? Muhammed Ali? Rope a dope?

Ya well McGregor should have trained to fight a weasel.

this is the gayest post in this thread

The fight happened exactly how Floyd wanted it to happen. He only threw like 4 or 5 punches in the first rounds, that wasn't an attempt to KO Conor. He said he wanted Conor to get tired. Also he wanted to give the people a show. Why was Conor the first man in like 10 years who Floyd knocked out. And why did Floyd also guarantee beforehand over and over that Conor would get knocked out. Because Floyd was a million times better than him and so was able to to implement his script on how he wanted the fight to go perfectly. It's like when you're good at a fighting game, much better than your opponent, and so you want to style on them by winning in a specific way like ending with your super move. I do wish Floyd would have just knocked him out in 4 rounds though. If Conor faces any other boxer like Canelo or Manny, that's what would happen.

Not all white people think that way you racist piece of shit

Nah, he just got harder for Mayweather than Mayweather got for him

You should check the attendance records for boxing events.

>hardly the best ufc fighter
Never said he was the best, but hes one of the greatest. No one in MMA is ever the best, it changes so quickily it would be impossible to go 50-0. Rousey is far from the best but she will always be one of the greatest. I haven't been watching mcgregor his entire career, but I've watched him a lot just like I do all other MMA and mcgregor has great accuracy and powerful hits. Its not luck you can see him eye every one of his strikes.

>mcgregor talked shit, went to floyd's house, and got the shit kicked out of him
>ref had to call the match because mayweather couldn't even properly knock him down after being gassed for 2 rounds straight

This is the sad state of boxing.

Maybe you don't know the difference between KO and TKO, but Mayweather said in pre-fight interviews he was going to knock McGregor out and the fight ended in a KO, so you're absolutely wrong. He did KO McGregor.

BBC A MYTH

>tell your opponent what to expect
>do something unexpected instead
>win

Other sports have been killed by excessive rule-making. Nascar became shit when all the cars became the same dumbed down shit. F1 nearly followed the same path, and now the only innovations they're allowed to make are aero. Very few sports are interesting once it becomes a game of "being better at the rules."

So, yeah, fuck boxing.

It's almost as if boxing is different in different weight leagues.

It was all about the money.
TV producers scripted all this shit.
Also, Mayweather is a nigger.
>Token black guy

This. When mayweather did his turtle stance the first time everyone around me was confused af what happened and thought mcgregor did something illegal. But nope it was just mayweather hiding.

Name me a sport without rules and I'll show you some marginal, low popularity bullshit.

Man, anyone remember that fucking dank aggressive bobbing and weaving mayweather did like, round 4-5? It was just so clearly out of the realm of anything McGregor could handle, it wiped the grin right off the dude's face

Don't get me wrong Mayweathers a POS illiterate womanbeater but holy shit that was cool man. You could see the fear in his eyes

>This is the sad state of boxing.

The ref should have let Floyd literally kill him

> (OP)
>It was obvious from the first round that hat this been a mma match or a street brawl McGregor would have just destroyed mayweather.
This
>I was rooting for McGregor but you've got to respect a 50-0 fighter. He might not be able to read a page of Harry Potter, but he's really smart about boxing, and that's why he won.
I hear you.
>Don't feel so sorry for McGregor, besides the money he went 10 rounds with one of the best boxers in history in his first professional fight. That's amazing in and of itself.
I second to this. Considering the guy really doesnt do this, he did incredibly well. It was a given that mayweather would not be knocked out, but, no lie towards round 7-8, it kind of looked like it. Maybe he noticed connor wasnt really landong anymore punches and he really wanted to wear him down to 1up him later. Mayweather's strategy was literally on endurance. I dont watch box, but the matches ive seen where mayweather fights, he ALWAYS, goes for wearing his opponents down.

I have heard of Ali. But all you cunts seem to be arguing is that tiring your opponent is great strategy. It is, unless the only way to achieve it is by exploiting retarded as fuck rules. You're a dumb cunt.

the fact that he fights in a weightclass below his actual fight weight is bullshit. i understand cutting mass to make weight, but what he does is ridiculous. in the ufc he's fighting people with literally a smaller skeleton than him, and with a 76" reach advantage it pretty much put the odds in his favor of getting a quick knockout. and specifically with the jose aldo fight, he was VERY lucky, there is no way he could've dealt with a grappler of that caliber without a quick, lucky knockout

personally i think boxing is lame, but i will watch it with the rules in mind and floyd def played by the rules

I don't like Mayweather.
But if Conor can love him, maybe I can love him too.

You guys are acting like Mayweather had to resort to cheap tricks in order to win.

Here's the thing, he was just memeing with McGregor from start to finish. The paddy never stood a chance, and he knew it himself.

to your first point: i'd wager any mma fighter could've taken floyd in a ufc/streetfight, connor isn't special, just loud and lucky

>a hit with a soccer ball to the face is harder than taking kicks, elbows and punches without boxing gloves
Mcgregor's been through 1000% worse than what mayweather was dishing. Just go watch mcgregor's fight with nate 2. They both went 5 rounds of bloody fisticuffs. Mcgregor was still dodging majority of mayweather's punches even after gassed for 2 rounds. It was embarrassing for floyd to take that long and still never ko'd him.

No one who is looking at the situation objectively thinks that dude. Lots of people are jumping on the bandwagon and talking out their asses.

idiot... if every boxer just took the hits without outboxing or using defensive stance, a boxers career would be 5x shorter. Boxers who get hit in the head can have deattached cornea, a boxer who gets many liver blows might never eat properly again, a boxer who goes down from a heavy hit might die in a matter of hours or days after a fight.

in short.... a boxers life is dangerous so many avoid any damage to make their professional careers longer

You can say its lucky all you want when everyone knows mcgregor has a strong knock out punch. Aldo should've been more careful, but he let mcgregor get under his skin and made a mistake. Thats not mcgregor getting lucky that was mcgregor's game just like it is for mayweather to play chicken before turning up. Just how it is.

come on dude don't kid yourself with the 700+ we all know at least 500 mill of that is from MMA fans. I love boxing but if I said Wladimir Klitschko people would say who, but you say McGregor peoples eyes light up.

But now's a great time to launch a brand of whiskey!

I'd call it Mayweathered if I were him.

Looks like they bought into the hype and loud mouthing, thinking that this was going to be some kind of bloody battle of the titans.

Ok, you neither understand or enjoy that boxing is a strategy game. Cry me a river.

*hint* boxing matches are in rounds to keep the fight going LONGER. It's a strategy and endurance game, that's why cardio is so fucking important in boxing.

This guy knows.

idiot. So what do you think about MMA then? Because they do this + more for longer periods. I've seen fights where they ground punch them after they are knocked for several hits before its called. In no way are you convincing me an MMA fighter can't take 1 boxing match for 12 rounds after going through several ufc matches of continous raw kicks, elbows and barely padded fists. Quit trying to kid yourself, this was a fight that mcgregor wanted to go 12 rounds. Nothing mayweather would have done could've been worse than anything mcgregor has expierenced in MMA.