There has never been greater soldiers in history than the caroleans, look it up

There has never been greater soldiers in history than the caroleans, look it up

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XGWWB3OH3uQ
sv.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lista_över_händelser_under_stora_nordiska_kriget
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_of_Grodno
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Swedish_War_(1701–1706)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Narva_(1700)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsknecht?wprov=sfla1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>sends scots to die because swedes didn't want to break a nail
Thanks

That was the 30 years war though, the caroleans were the soldiers during the great northern war

No

Oh whoops

Who are cossacks?

which ones

Sweden revolutionized military strategy twice in 50 years, the Caroleans were specifically designed to be harder for other armies to emulate than what Adolphus came up with.

Sadly it only worked with muskets, accurate rifles ruined the whole idea of "let's run straight into the enemy's fire and hope they miss"

Zaporozhian Cossack

kek

Don cossacks then.

A fucking retards
We lost several battles against Sweden because of them.
They can't fight in cold.

The Mongols were the greatest warriors ever.

You literally can't dispute this.

Show respect.
youtube.com/watch?v=XGWWB3OH3uQ

If they were so great why they lost? Why didn't Swedish """""""empire"""""" retain it's status if these were soooo GREAT?

Sup Forums really shows it all, even brits don't WUZ so much about their empire which actually achieved something.

>There has never been greater soldiers in history than the caroleans, look it up

Immortals, sacred band of Thebes, swiss pikemen, hussite war vagoon crews and many others can contest this title...

I beg your pardon?

Population advantage and the vastness of Russia, that may seem like a cheap excuse but its the truth.

Here (especially under fältslag) you can see that the caroleans won many impressive battles

Yes, still nonetheless no matter how you twist it, it's still just an excuse.

You can't make that claim, don't state things in that manner.
A few one-sided victories does not make the winning army the greatest. By that definition there's countless greatest armies in history.¨

You're illogical.

>A few
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campaign_of_Grodno
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polish–Swedish_War_(1701–1706)

They were pretty great OP i wish we seen more movies about them. Shame Sweden lost but then again Russia was lucky enough to get saved by president batman

Karl XI invented the Caroleans, not Karl XII.

They were the nukes of those days, Karl XI only fought one battle in his life and then swore off war forever, by making an army so unstoppable that you'd have to be a fool to declare war

this is literally a few though
2 to be exact

t. Mykola Jebiewdenko

>Teutonic Cucks
lmao
brb calling Lithuanians

Prussia, Austrian Empire and Russian Empire did nothing wrong.

You could always, y'know, look up more of them instead of wasting his time. If you're interested.

Step aside, G*rmanic scum.

Reminder that the Danes allied with Russia to fuck with Sweden

MY

BYLI

autism

More like Russia pulled them into a war where they got their asses kicked twice and gained nothing

>Born too late to watch europe's two greatest forces meet
>Born just in time to see their legacy embellished by nationalists

HUSARZE, KURWA

i dont like Swedes alot but i like sweden and swedes in general
i for one am happy the Swedes won so we have Sweden today instead of another Slav nation converted into a total shithole by Russian occupation

I think Sweden and the Swedes add alot to the beauty and science of this world

i only wish you werent such condescending jerks

>If they were so great why they lost?
Sweden was attacked from all sides by a coalition that outnumbered Sweden's population by 10-1. It took this coalition over 20 years to wear Sweden down, but we simply couldn't win a war of attrition against such a foe and the size of their territories made reaching out to strike at each of them time consuming. This gave enemies that had been soundly defeated time to rebuild and rejoin the war a few years later when Sweden was occupied elsewhere. We won every major battle in the first eight years of the war and yet we could not put an end to end the war. When the war finally did end, Sweden had suffered only 25 000 killed in battle while the corresponding number for the coalition forces was more than five times as many, but starvation, disease and general hardship had taken its toll on both the soldiers and the civilian population of Sweden and forced Sweden to the negotiating table.

We're only condescending on Sup Forums though

Why was it called an empire?

And why did such a "GREAT" empire fall because of some norwegian farmers with some rifles.

>some norwegian farmers with some rifles
Who?

It did? I thought we forced you into a union after the easiest war in swedish history.

A certain "emperor" was shot at halden.

So? The war kept going. It wasn't until Sweden sunk Russia's fleet that they were willing to make peace, starting the tradition of Sweden sinking Russia's fleet over and over again whenever they came back for more.

Supposedly by one of his own men who just wanted the war to end. And we don't have emperors. We have kings.

>wins every battle against the russians, keeps pushing further and further on into russia
>russians trot backwards and run away
>swedes get tired of chasing, supply lines failing
>russians zerg them and finally win one battle
>lose entire war
>king dies
>empire shattered forever and all time
>frog manlet and bavarian autist learn nothing from this
it's like pottery, it rhymes

how is that so funny
swedes have shown themselves to be better human beings than Russians
how can you gloat at their loss
sarcasm aside, thats just callous

i thought todgers historically considered Russia as enemy?

*blocks your path*

catch

Little swedeboy caroleans have nothing on Big Mongol Warriors.

Yea they do

nice gorgets

>greatest soldiers in history
>BTFO'd by fucking monks

Templars were monks
Hospitallers were monks
Teutonic order were monks
Dont underestimate monks

This is literally every single war in Russia,Afghanistan and Vietnam

Except British ones.....

We dont typically get threatened much

oh my

>untrained Russian peasants wiped the floor with them
Best soldiers indeed

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Narva_(1700)

>english wikipedia

>Facts stop being facts if they're written in English

>english wikipedia
>facts

You know that Russia is infamous for historical revisionism and lies, right? I would trust the Wikipedia article on any subject in any other language more than I would trust the Russian one. Especially if it's a subject that relates to Russia.

>t. Rivaled monks

>In the 1490s, the well-trained Landsknechte managed to defeat significantly greater Frisian armies. Paul Dolstein wrote of the siege of Älfsborg in July 1502, fighting for the King of Denmark: "We were 1800 Germans, and we were attacked by 15000 Swedish farmers ... we struck most of them dead"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsknecht?wprov=sfla1