Earlier this week...

>Earlier this week, the “Late Show” shared a note from Arcade Fire specifying “a few requests” ahead of their appearance on the TV show. It list demands that three rows of the audience be filled with “diehard, young, energetic Arcade Fire fans,” that Colbert to display a can of “Chemistry energy drink” on his desk (which he briefly did), and that no one to talk to band member Richard Reed Perry.

Was it autism?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=USJNdeX-BR8
youtube.com/watch?v=h_I0b05zpJ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes

It's just a marketing ruse.

>It's real
holy shit

I think what I hate most about Arcade Fire these days is how full of themselves they are. like they think they're so damn clever. should've made a good album if you wanted your shitty hype campaign to work

the album was not very good all things considered, but theres no denying everything now is a real jam

They're starting to close the gap between LCD Soundsystem for my most hated band with shit like this

I never really understood how people's egos could get so big until I finally watched a video of Kendrick lamar performing at a stadium with 50k+ people screaming his name.

Who knows if he's a cunt or if all this shit is just overwhelming.

More like cuckbert

What did LCD sound system do other than be exceptionally hipster

just when you think it can't get any worse.

>entire marketing scheme is irl shitposting
>Sup Forums hates it

the irony

its an effing joke u goober, this and the fidget spinner shit and whatever else they're doing is all "performance art" made to "critique" modern pop culture and mainstream corporate music acts, which of course is tired and pretentious as hell. Just go back to making decent music again u morons, not everything has to be a big social or political statement. This is what happens when indie dudes become mainstream. These guys still see themselves as outsiders when they're not, and then they wonder how their hilarious satire went over so many heads

Master trolling.

Yeah whenever an act coats on layers of irony like this it comes off as super sardonic and any genuine enthusiasm for the act of making music is killed off. Father John Misty comes off like this as well (at least to me, admittedly don't listen to much of him)

>what I hate most about Arcade Fire these days is how full of themselves they are.
Actually I like this new Arcade Fire, go fuck yaself ya "true sad indie" guppy.

These guys are in the industry now, and they're taking the piss of that.
Love it.
Wish they did it earlier.

Actually make good music.

I wish they came on set with a bucket of cocaine and hookers.

This.
The fuck is wrong with people in this thread?
I didn't like Arcade Fire until this.

Yeah def ironic selling a fidget spinner USB for $109 USD.

This is just like the PC Music energy drink. Ya'll got played by a careful corporate patina of pseudo irony.

> always thought Sup Forums was retarded
> confirmed today
> fidget spinner was fake, they just posted a page with the thing sold out as soon as it went up

> criticizing their marketing
> falling for it
> Sup Forums retardism

Mate I always thought they were industry "hipster" garbage.
This is the first time I've actually been interested in them.

Perhaps they've seen this potential market. Perhaps it feels good to let out their frustration in being in the industry too.
I'm now gonna watch their new album.

FJM does it better honestly, which is a good that's his entire shtick.

Why is this board so dumb?

music is the lowest art form. its consumption takes no skill. what did you expect?

There's no other art form that allows you to get as abstract or experimental than music does.

youtube.com/watch?v=USJNdeX-BR8

2:45

Your daily reminder.

painting/sculpture says hi!!!!!

Paintings get close.

>$109

what the fuck

>mfw im win butler and i hear that outro

lmao

what if they made the album bad on purpose for "art"

OK, name something that allows more than the huge amount of creative freedom music has.

Needle painting.

its been done before

Dudes theyre just PRETENDING to be retarded XD

t. win

nu-Sup Forums doesn't understand satire; it's how they turned ironic racist shitposting into a sincere political movement

Just wait until they do something like this
youtube.com/watch?v=h_I0b05zpJ4

arcade fire was literally never good lmao
no fucking clue why the shit album is on the 'mucore' essentials. hospice is also garbage and shouldnt be on there.