Remember when Mac made Chamber of Reflection and then after people found out he stole it he changed the description of...

Remember when Mac made Chamber of Reflection and then after people found out he stole it he changed the description of the YouTube video to "AND ID LIKE TO GIVE A BIG THANKS TO THE GUY I STOLE THIS FROM" as if he wasnt trying to pass it off as if he wrote it himself for the first month of its release

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8oS_B6IaKE
youtube.com/watch?v=zLOTD7wrbtQ
youtube.com/watch?v=-AayZgP3Lx0
youtube.com/watch?v=UIiYlHS0F0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=j6QPHWL-qSQ
youtube.com/watch?v=NSfOB8ANdWU
youtube.com/watch?v=PM4MBKjg0qk
youtube.com/watch?v=Cc_KSe6FUoU
youtube.com/watch?v=O1lWCwT0-To
youtube.com/watch?v=mos_01Caq-8
youtube.com/watch?v=OquReWEs1Yk
youtu.be/Og1svKY9ni4
youtu.be/xvGser-5mKs
discogs.com/artist/4218800-Shigeo-Sekito?filter_anv=0&type=Credits
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

That's like what i would've done

dont bully the fogman

yeah mac is a hack no shit. his fans are gen-z where they don't have any morals besides "chill out dude its fun"

what song OP? im trying to compile an album of songs that sound like mac but by other artists.

youtube.com/watch?v=Q8oS_B6IaKE

chill out dude, it's fun

>he stole it

who cares? demarco version is better.

>1mil views from people who would never even care to look for this kind of music if it wasnt spoonfed to them
>all these absolute faggots who don't even like music in the comments

Why do people ruin everything?

he got permission from the artist actually. are people so retarded they don't know what sampling is?

thanks senpai. this is what i've got so far:

john lennon - hold on
youtube.com/watch?v=zLOTD7wrbtQ

ween - freedom of 76
youtube.com/watch?v=-AayZgP3Lx0

george harrison - i dig love (similar to mac's im a man)
youtube.com/watch?v=UIiYlHS0F0Y

haruomi hosono instrumental
youtube.com/watch?v=j6QPHWL-qSQ

the following im kind of undecided on still but they're worth mentioning.

gerry rafferty - right down the line
youtube.com/watch?v=NSfOB8ANdWU

little river band - reminiscing
youtube.com/watch?v=PM4MBKjg0qk

michael jackson - the lady in my life
youtube.com/watch?v=Cc_KSe6FUoU

pic related is the album cover. id like to go on record as saying im a big mac demarco fan and this is just for fun. also im open to suggestions for more songs

What are you gonna call it?

snack demarco - soup days

it was a joke, chill out dude its fun

I always found it really weird how chamber of reflection had such an interesting melody compared to the rest of that record. well well well...

>brainlets don't understand the concept of sampling

do you also accuse rappers of stealing their music too?

yes

Mac stole that japanese guy's album cover for 2. The font is even the same

nah he stole bruce springsteens

chill out dude, it's fun

>>do you also accuse rappers of stealing their music too?
That's literally what sampling is.

it's not sampling retards
sampling is when you literally sample the actual music, not just reproduce it yourself

i was thinking something lame like brother but i don't know if it fits. it would probably have to be something fun like

Upload this shit to Youtube.

When did he steal from MJ?

probably something from another one.

Dammit, I wish I never stumbled upon this thread. Chamber of Reflection is my favorite Mac song, and I thought he came up with that melody on his own. Knowing it was stolen/sampled/remade kinda kills the magic of the song.

Fuck you, Sup Forums, why do you have to be such nerds?

chill out bro it's fun

Tyler the creator fanboys need to get out of this board

I don't even listen to Tyler the Creator

>he doesn't listen to Tyler the Creator

chill out bro its fun

>Tyler, Frank Ocean, and Kendrick are who mu worships most
>All 3 are gay black men

White genocide is real.

chill out dude, its fun

Wrong. The term is used more generally to specify artists using an element from a pre-existing work, such as a melody, even if they reproduce it themselves.

Like when Beyonce used a melody from Animal Collective. They didn't sample the actual music, but they got a credit.

Solid morals desu

What album?

THAT MAKES ME HIT THE DESK

Hosono House

he didn't STEAL it, he said that he liked the font and the style, and wanted to do something like it.

and it's really similar to springsteen's the river

You described Gen z perfectly.

I remember in an interview before Salad Days was officially released he said he couldn't tell anyone what inspired the song because he'd get into trouble.

kendrick's gay?

black moth super rainbow - gold splatter and chamber of reflection

why do people listen to this guy? if there's anything we really don't need it's more generic, boring, already explored jangle pop

chill out dude its fun

i refuse, i have absolutely nothing else going on in my life so i am going to complain about people who are better than me and you're just going to have to sit there and TAKE IT

Listen to Picture Book by The Kinks, the little la-la-la's were stolen by Mac in Salad Days

His sound has more reverb than other jangle pop

Chill out dude, it's fun

i fucking hate mac

Still a nice song though, fuck op he's just salty

this is mu-/nu/ encapsulated but quite true

Pitchfork a shit

same

nothing really, it was the closest i could find to another one. it doesn't really fit so i probably wont include it.

i actually kind of like this idea. i was thinking of maybe interlacing those songs with actual mac demo's, call it a bootleg, and see if we could fool anyone into thinking it was legit

thats wrong though

actually recreating samples happens so fucking often im amazed at the balls you have for posting so confidently regarding a topic you know little to nothing about

would u care to elaborate on what songs he based off of these?

This please, the styles are similar but I'm not hearing any blatant ripoffs except for OP's

Call it Hack DeMarco

nigga that doesn't make it sampling. mac demarco made no effort to make it sound like the original and you retarded mac fags know that

probably

Damn so Mac is pretty patrician

>fucking pleb doesn't know what an interpolation is

saw him play last night in a hotel room. It ruled

Me too

Well this is interpolation, which is a subcategory of sampling

god why do you let this board ruin songs/artists for you

NOTHING posted here is of any merit whatsoever, if you enjoy it whatever

cfhill out bro it's fun

jesus fuck he didn't steal it it's called homage

aside from i dig love none of them are really based on a particular song, they're only related in spirit. im not trying to claim mac ripped anyone off.

thanks for the heads up, now i don't need to bother checking out his crappy 'music'

Can you tell what songs he ripped off? Was Freaking out the neiborhood ripping off hold on or something?

Also of you guys dig deeper there are now soo many Mac clones that women absolutely love. I forget what this one guys name was but it was literally him whining with a shitty banana guitar on youtube and it got so much praise lmao. Also is nobody gonna bring up Conan Mockasin

see
while im quoting, i have noticed a lot of mac clones come out which in my opinion completely validates him as an artist. if someone is copping your style you must be doing something right. the best i've seen was jons

youtube.com/watch?v=O1lWCwT0-To

youtube.com/watch?v=mos_01Caq-8

Sampling is when you take a piece of music and put it in a sampler. Taking a melody from another song and recreating it is interpolation

no that's what people think but he actually stole japanese guy's cover

check his whats in my bag video he'll tell you the same

hahaha eat shit fgt

which is a sampling technique

That's not innovation that's more like pseudo-experimentation and also the music equivalent of using the smudge tool in gimp to beautify

This he didn't get permission and the gook who wrote the shit hasn't earned a cent

It means nothing

Tyler did the same thing on 911 with this song

youtube.com/watch?v=OquReWEs1Yk

It's normal and there's nothing wrong with stealing from your influences

youtu.be/Og1svKY9ni4

all I was pointing out is that he didn't copy Springsteen's cover

don't really care about copying/stealing, this is music it's happening all the time really

wait till you hear this,

he didn't even invent the instruments used to record the song.

and those words hes saying? he just stole those from the english language. what a hack.

Didn't he credit that guy? Like on the album?

as much as I dig mac when I heard about the Hosono cover and went and listened to haruomi hosonos solo albums then YMO (mac cites them alot) I found myself immersed in music that does everything the current mac clones and bedroom music guys are trying to do but way more chill and musically skilled. it seems like these artists are trying to svratch the surface of whay those old exotica fusion albums did from Those guys and none have come close.

youtu.be/xvGser-5mKs

i don't see anything on booklet or back cover scans on discogs, also nothing on his bandcamp

he unoficially "credited him" on an interview and his faggot fans swallow it up

here's the discogs of the guy as well showing no official crediting: discogs.com/artist/4218800-Shigeo-Sekito?filter_anv=0&type=Credits

may he die a slow death from lung cancer

i just checked my CD copy. he thanks shigeo where i circled in pic related but there is no credit under chamber of reflection.

Sad demarco - gazpacho days

if his intention was to do a homage he wouldn't pass it as a totally new, original song. at least an "ft. shigeo sekito" or "cover of shigeo sekito" would be there instead of a footnote on the album cover

Mac 'n' Cheese - Potato Salad

Speak for yourself. I need to hear anything and everything that sounds remotely like R. Stevie Moore.

you are retarded