It seems every fucking person knows how to play the guitar except me

It seems every fucking person knows how to play the guitar except me...

So I am thinking of learning. How hard is it? Any tips

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=jh-hzbG5FzI
youtube.com/watch?v=mfjotHLozt4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

How hard is it? Well that depends on You? Punk rock? A week. Avant garde jazz bullshit. The rest of your life.

fuck guitar.

theres better ways and much easier and doesnt take a long time and not much effort and much more efficient.
youtube.com/watch?v=jh-hzbG5FzI

you have to be persistent. if you give up in the first couple of months because you just don't get it, you won't learn. but one day, suddenly you'll play something you didn't think you could and it will click. from then on it's just practicing every day and getting better

Very hard at first. It's very strenuous on the fingers and hands. So learn some finger exercises on the fret board. Do that for several months till strong. Get calluses on the finger tips and your picking hand/fretting hand coordination together. Learn to press down and make clear sounding notes, holding the pic right. Shit like that. The music part comes easy when you can actually articulate properly first. I find the best music teaching style is classical guitar. It'll round you up for everything else.

Yes. Everyday. Rest of your life. Then one day you'll be good.

Are you retarded? It's a piano. Since when is the piano the simple instrument?

this fag is saying that playing guitar hurts, when you stop for a while it hurts when you pick it up again, unless you have fat fingers you should just stop this nonsense and do something productive instead

It may sound ridiculous but rocksmith is a decent tool to learning the basics but honestly I'd reccomnd a teacher but if not instructional videos are okay but it does depend

Rock Smith is okay if you're the kind of guitarist who has the goal of playing covers in their room for fun. Otherwise it's limiting, because it doesn't teach or encourage proper technique

It's a very dedicated instrument to behold

No. Gays play piano. Men play proper phallic symbols like guitar.

more simple than guitar. once you learn placement of notes on piano, you're pretty much done with learning a lot of it.

With guitar, if you see two notes that would normally be on the same string in sheet music, you'd need to find the same note on another string. It has more than one weird dynamic like that that make it obviously more complicated than just laying out all the notes onto keys.

You must be a beginner guitarist

3 chords and you play a song, 4-5 you can play the blues. go from there

You're right. I am :).
Music theory in general is something I'm just getting the hang of, so sorry if my newfag is too obvious heh.

I agree but that's why I also recommend a teacher of op really wants to learn

Does guitar make your fingertips hard and crusty and nasty? The calluses.

>How hard is it?

I've never been able to play a fucking thing. Zero musical aptitude.

Wtf is rocksmith... Isn't that a ps4 game with a fake plastic guitar connector?

Head over to udemy and buy a guitar course. They really are pretty cheap and always on sale. Plus it's better than using YouTube because the lessons are more structured and less fragmented

I learned guitar all by myself using online videos, especially Justinguitar.

No need to pay a shitty teacher $30 per hour.

Can learn by yourself

G, C, D, and E.
Learn these chords and youll be straight.
Also, fuck guitar. Start making music with a dae and be cooler than those fags.

Guitar player fag here. If I could do it over again I'd learn a different instrument. Just too many guitar fags out there already.

Or just use Justinguitar and not have to pay anything.

Not OP, Why those chords specifically?

Also wtf is c?

Isn't it E A D, G B E

true, but guitar is portable. You see people carrying a piano or cello on their back?

those are strings not chords

Yeah every Justin Bieber looking fag from high school knows how to play guitar to "get the chicks". It's overplayed and not unique. Learn something REAL MEN play, such as the piano.

Justin guitar

I dont personally know anything about chords. My dad taught me 4 and said, all songs are created using these.
I can just play, i have no idea how or why.

An electric piano these days are also portable and are just about the size of a guitar.

not the strings jackass

you dont know C chord? GTFO

keyboard is so much better and much more expressive than guitar and polyphonic.
if i were to do it all over again id choose keyboards again and again. hook a wah pedal to that bitch and you can outclass the guitar. dont like the sound? synthesize a violin through sampling.
youtube.com/watch?v=mfjotHLozt4

yeah but keyboards are gay

Yeah...lol

sure, let the computer do it for you, faggot

Yeah bro throw away your guitar and get a fucking clavichod. Kys

Real men play drums

Synths are badass. Theyre used in practically every song these days, and have limitless potential.

Monkeys*

Hey does anyone have a free guitar I can have? Please shit to my house and I'll pay shipping

To all guitar Bros in the thread post your gear

>shit to my house

Acoustic fag here.
Old ass Ibanez.
Moving into a new apartment so ive it still in storage otherwise id post.

learn the piano instead, people forget about guitarfags cause most of them are full of shit.

It's tough at first, you gotta be persistent and really put time into it. www.justinguitar.com is good for beginner lessons and some good songs to play as you progress.

Its not that tough all in all.
Like you said though, presistence is key.

Oh fuck I meant ship*!

I wanted to learn guitar but I was lazy and we had an extra bass lying around to i just picked that up.

Stops hurting after 2-3 months of practice every day.

Its hard but you need to actually enjoy it. Supercharge urself and practice like 6 hours a day if possible, keep pushing ypurself and learn as many new songs with new techniques as possible

JustinGuitar and Marty Schwartz are good YouTube channels for learning.

whats a good a guitar for beginners, I was interested in a bc rich, but I heard they're shit unless you pay a hug amount.