Chronic disease thread

Chronic disease thread
Do you have any kind of chronic disease? Tell us about your experience.
Phymatous rosacea here, I'm only 18 when the normal age for having it is between 30 and 50.
I don't have to do much other than using sunscreen, using one cream every night and taking slow release antibiotics

myalgic encephalitis

life sucks... feels like terminal disease with few weeks left to live

autism

Damn, are you getting any treatment?

i have anxiety and depression

That's not chronic user, still sad tho

Good app user

I have Erythematotelangiectatic rosacea op, and I have had it since I was 17 or so. I'm not really doing anything about it though, I'm too depressed. Still sucks though, it looks bad and it hurts as well

Do something you fuck, it can evolve to my kind of rosacea if you don't treat it, and it sucks

no, there is no cure. Nor is it known what causes this disease since it gets ignored by the medical system...
only thing that helps are lab tests and supplements that arent covered by insurance.

a study was faked (it is now offiacily stated as faked) where cognitive behaviour therapy should help cure those people.
so thats all u get offered....
its a neurological disease which leaves you bedridden and you are only able to browse some things on the web for an hours before you are too exhausted, but psychotherapy for sure helps with that....fucking joke... its abuse on sick people....

Shit, my mother has fibromyalgia, sounds just as shitty, but she also feels pain

Dysthymia- constant low level depression includes feelings of isolation, inadequacy, you lack motivation and have a hard time being happy.

just found out last October i have Type 1 Diabetes which is weird because they usually find that shit when you are a kid and im almost 30

Treatment?

depression, anxiety, gender dysphoria (though I refuse to transition).

actually those can be chronic and acute.

It's late onset my dad got it at like 25. Lexapro whatever mood stabilizers fit your chemistry. Light therapy which also helps with the S.A.D. exercise, working on finding validation for things I do and care about.

Schizoaffective disorder, OCD obsession type and GAD

Yeah so i have been told, though i have been experiencing symptoms all my life and it was not recently someone put the pieces together.

Dealing with long term depression / bi-polar disorder...

also found out recently I have Celiac Disease... which, god damn, doesn't help with the depression.

Now it's like depression AND I can't have fucking cupcakes.

Also type 1 diabetic. Got it when I was 17. It fucking sucks. Rode my bike the other day, I went through a bottle of power aid and about 15 glucose tablets just so my blood sugar didn't drop to dangerous levels.

I still drink a lot, and eat unhealthy. Whatever, I hope I get a heart attack and die.

Dude, use rice flour. That thing is pretty good for replacing your diet

I have a disease called ankylosing spondylitis, which is severe chronic inflammation of the spine which causes the vertebrae to fuse. Kept me completely incapacitated for about five years until I finally got a diagnosis and put on Humira for it. It's nice being able to actually turn my head and be able to get out of bed without extreme effort, although I still deal with some pain.

Yeah, there are some good alternatives out there... but I miss standard cake... or at least not having to worry about it.

I do feel better since being forced to quit all that.

I have vitiligo thankfully I'm white but it does suck that I have to purposely keep my skin as light as possible so the contrast between the affected and uneffected skin isn't as noticeable.

I'm still pretty new to this game. What do you use to regulate. Are you on a pump?

I have been using Medtronic but honestly I have no love for them.

anyone /visual snow/ here

I have Crohn’s disease. Actually had my 4th surgery last night

yeah.

tinnitus.

Feels bad, bro

A narsty addiction to Sup Forums/b/

I suffer from ostio-crippling gay perosis

hppd i see it everywhere 24/7

Seems like a shitty disease. Knew some kids that had it and they were skinny and had stunted growth from never wanting to eat. Hope it gets better for you.

shit sucks right? Tinnitus, as well?

i have a horrible disease

I have Crohn's too. Had it since I was 12, and I'm 20 now. At one point it was really bad when I was younger. I was 5'7" and only 87 pounds. My parents would pressure me to eat every day, especially my dad but I could never stomach more than a few bites of one meal per day. Luckily I'm doing much better now.

Music helps?

On the pump with the Elite sensors... they are a pain in the ass, but your get used to it.

Do you use a shit fanny pack?

would this even be considered a disease? whatever lol

adhd and bpd

Early onset severe degenerative disc disease. I have what would be considered a bad case for someone over 70, but it started mid 20s.

Amazing how quickly youthful dreams are abandoned in favor of doing anything to minimize the horrible pain.

I have mild tinnitus. It comes and goes. Its not too annoying yet

Depends there is the poorly diagnosed ADHD and the real one which is a pain in the ass, you can literally not pay attention to anything for more than a couple of minutes. If you can watch a movie without doing another thing and missing half of the movie then is not ADHD

Nope. I've never had to have surgery or anything like that actually. Initially to get better I started exercising and shooting steroids up my asshole which helped initially, and now I take weekly injections of methotrexate and live a completely normal life aside from the nausea that the methotrexate gives me.

Sounds ok tbh

I know its cliche, but marijuana legitimately is good for nausea and increasing appetite. It was on the list of real problems like cancer, AIDS, glaucoma (not the usual 'stubbed my toe, give me pot).

I got a medical card to use it for nerve pain and its only meh. Does magic on stopping nausea from other meds I take.

there's 3 subtypes of adhd. poor attention, hyperactive and impulsive, and combined.

i have impulsive and hyperactive adhd. i do so much dumb shit and im quite sure having adhd has pretty much ruined my life tbh

Yeah I'm actually very grateful for how healthy I am now. I've gone through some very tough times health wise over the past 8 years but ever since I started taking the injections about a year and a half ago I've been very healthy

Yeah, both suck but for me they outline everything. So I can see in the dark a lot better with it

I'm waiting to get bumped up to the 670.

Also, how do you afford all of this shit...

Thanks for the tip. I actually do already smoke and I definitely agree with you.

arthritis. every few times a week my left knee lights up like a fucking firework, the pain is as though someone shoved a red hot chunk of wrought iron inside my knee and left it there. So i drink, jerk off or try and do something else to keep my mind off it, lasts over night and sometimes into the middle of the next day, tapers off and then I'm fine.

Does it help with pain from Chron's? Not really sure what the pain level is with that disease.

I like occasionally smoking a small bowl for my pain, but there is a thin line between that and triggering my anxiety/paranoia. I haven't smoked in a while just to avoid any anxiety.

I can sense with aliens are around.

Any way to predict a flare up?

I have constant chronic pain, but it will get worse after most activities or sometimes for no discernible reason at all. Makes planning anything awful.

>Phymatous rosacea
Is that pic related where the area around your nose is always dry, red, and itchy? Because that's exactly what I have, it's been there for a few years now. What creams do you take?

You faggot, you have depression ME is bullshit and just a fancy way of saying CFD, your brain is not inflammed nor is your immune system attacking it, man the fuck up there is nothing wrong with you, boom you're fucking cured!

What day will you be accepting your Noble Prize in medicine for this pioneering work?

In about 2 and a half years if all goes to plan.

Nope, comes out of nowhere. They tell me to take my NSAIDS and get over it, but they don't really help that much. Drinking and/or sleep cold medicine sometimes does the trick, but usually I prepare for a nightless sleep and just douse myself in coffee the next morning.

Well as I sort of explained earlier I'm rather healthy nowadays, but yeah I would have some bad stomach cramps and pains a few years ago, but I didn't used to smoke back then. All I can speak to is the fact that it helps with nausea and increasing my appetite.

Hypothyroidism, but thankfully the meds are pretty effective and devoid of major side effects.

It's more like little bumps over my nose, looks like acne. I'm between phymatous and papulopustular. My skin is really fucking oily and you can see some little blood vessels around my nose. Now that I'm on my meds I just have some little skin colored bumps over my nose, I can get those burned with a laser later

Think about it, encephalitis is frequently lethal. It does not get better without targeted anti inflammatory treatment and will lead to death, so why has nobody died from ME if the prescription is CBT and antidepressants?

Did you get your glands taken away?

>usually I prepare for a nightless sleep and just douse myself in coffee the next morning.
I understand those terrible nights/days.

ibuprofin, tylenol and other over the counters dont do anything for my chronic pain. Great for a random headache or fever, but thats about it other than destroying the liver.

Because... Myelangic Encephalitis was a term created by patient advocacy groups to make Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (acute depression)sound more scary.

That is just another way of saying chronic fatigue syndrome which is another way of saying depressed person which is another way of saying special snowflake who seeks a medical excuse.

Not buying it mate.

I'm getting tested for hyperthyroidism, waiting on my results from the hospital. I'm really hoping it's just me being a little bitch about the symptoms.

No, they were just not effective enough on their own I guess.

What's the treatment for hyperthyroidism? What are your symptoms?

Ayyy humors buddies, I got put on it for my severe chrons disease shit works great over taking pills every day

>methotrexate

That shit is terrible for you

Ditto, I struggle to hold a job and spend most weekends on the couch.

Endometriosis, it's hell. Probably will never be able to bear children.

Can you elaborate a bit or stear me in the right direction so I can read up a bit?

Tits or gtfo. Sucks to be you tbh. Being a woman

Lol, faggot

Chronic rhinitis, my nose is stuffed all year round. Massive pain in the ass since I wake up from suffocation all the time (sleep apnea) and have annoying nasal voice

Very severe eczema and psoriasis for the last 30 years. Life has not been easy

Does Autism Count. Cause I have a large quantity of that.

Can't buy the cure in bulk though.