How do you top the fight scenes in this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-OzB-mop6AA
youtube.com/watch?v=xXVp9938Uq4
youtube.com/watch?v=v1Cb2d0ZUVs
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZjVYhx8h0
youtube.com/watch?v=UPyyaG_0J0A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>babbies first kungfu movie

You can't.
Only the god himself, Gareth Evans can.

Nope. In terms of sheer brutality and gore, it's pretty much unbeatable.

For you

>brutality and gore makes a good fight scene

Like I said, babies first

Entertaining but over choreographed

Donnie Yen did it before it even released.

Donnie Yen has never done anything better than anyone. Fuck that hack.

Easy. Have characters I care about an a story that's actually good.

I binged the first 8 minutes of Raid 1 and nearly died of boredom. Fuck these "le epic nu action" flicks.

>Fuck that hack.
Tell that to UFC who didn't allow him to enter.

Does Sup Forums think this is reddit?

Or Fedora?

>how do you top the fight scenes in this

you put Steven Seagal in it

triggered user gets triggered

>confirmed faggot
By the 11 minute point into Raid Redemption shit kicks up and doesn't stop until they reach the apartment

factually incorrect but ok, m8

What? When was this?

Its an age old urban legend m8. Never fucking happened.

Yen has always been a huge MMA fan but feels he's too old to compete. Thats it. The entire story...

Kids these days

Top it.

Flash Point end fight is pretty good. Nowdays you see MMA everywhere but it was pretty cool for Donnie to be throwing that stuff in his fights instead of just doing awesome back kicks all day. How many final fights end in a choke? The only other one that comes to mind is Lethal Weapon.

It's the only good thing about Flash Point though. I remember one short fight earlier in the movie and that's it.

The first one was better at least as a film

No.

Dredd is reddit.

Here you go.

youtube.com/watch?v=-OzB-mop6AA

Ok youtube.com/watch?v=xXVp9938Uq4

>Anime pic
>Lesser action webm

Shit.

>How do you top the fight scenes in this?

Not bad, but no. Not even close.
Iron monkey is a better Donnie Yen movie.

Don't forget about Ip Man.

youtube.com/watch?v=v1Cb2d0ZUVs

Easy, just watch part 1.

>pretending anime-style fight scenes are "good"

Raid 2 is an awful mess of a film though.
I'll never understand why people prefer it over the first.

>over choreographed
can there be such thing?
The fighting was spectacular, it's the only reason to watch the Raid movies
The plot is very simple, but that's only so the fights have something to fall back on

It's funny how non-action movies always tend to have better, more intense fight scenes than movies where the fighting scenes are the entire purpose.

>can there be such thing?
yes, it takes out all the intensity and just looks like dancing. Jackie Chan movies are the only ones where this doesn't apply because he does actual real stunts during these scenes.

because it's a good action film
sure that's all it is, but it's just so well shot
The car scene especially. I feel like I know where you're coming from.
Every action scene in The Raid 2, if you took them away one by one and could have them in any other movie, but played by different actors, it would compliment any movie you decide to stick those scenes in.

I if you think it's bloated with fights and action, I agree with that. But I was just admiring the choreography too much to care

>Jackie Chan movies are the only ones where this doesn't apply
>the only ones
watch more movies you dork

This nigga doesn't know about Jacky Wu

Agreed. The plot was derivative as fuck and bloated. First film was 'smaller' in scope in terms of story and action, but it was a much tighter and more satisfying experience. That being said I prefer the fight with The Dragon in the second over the fight with The Dragon in the first.

Kuro-Obi for realism

Fighter in the Wind for more stylized but not overly-drawn out or overly-choreographed fight scenes.

Koreans and Japs make the best MA movies.

>Raid movies
>well shot
I mean, relative to million-jump-cuts siezurecam style, sure, but there was still too much shakiness in the Raid movies and the camera moves were pretty amateur

Yes, have you not seen 5 Deadly Venoms? It's the most over choreographed movie of all time

>The Dragon
Don't be that kind of faggot.

>anime style fight scenes
Well choreographed fight scenes are anime now?

I'm a literal fight and action scene connoisseur. My taste is above yours. You think two faggots throwing rapid punches at each other and hitting nothing but air for 2 minute and then flawlessly and effortlessly transitioning into some pseudo-mma looking grappling makes a good fight scene and you give bonus points for blood and gore. Throw in a couple spinning kicks (on wires of course) and you'll probably cum in your pants. You're a fucking pleb. You don't understand what makes an intense action scene. You don't understand that there's more to it than the choreography and that in fact the choreography is the LEAST important part of it and actually ends up hurting the scene if it goes on for too long or is too overly-stylized. Don't ever reply to me again because you don't deserve my attention and I don't want to waste my time with you.

Killzone 2 Tony Jaa, Jacky Wu
youtube.com/watch?v=1ZZjVYhx8h0

>open video
>first 2 seconds some guy is doing a back hand spring as an offensive maneuver

is this bait? go watch olympic gymnastics if you want to see shit like that. We want to see fighting.

>just like in muh animays xDDD!
The Raid 2 is overrated fagshit for Plebbitors.
Watch some quality martial-arts films for once ffs.

The editing and camerawork in this fight is fucking awful, and the wirework in the first 5 seconds is laughably obvious. You should be ashamed. SPL2 was so much worse than SPL.

Specifically, Hammer Girl. We want to see more Hammer Girl

Nah. It's the next level.

The reason a fight scene is good is because it means something and there's a lead up to it. In movies like The Raid, it's nonstop action. It's boring to just watch some essentially faceless hero beat the shit out of dudes for 1.5 hours. That's why 80s action movies are good. In Predator, Schwarzenegger doesn't just mow down predators for the entire runtime. In Die Hard, Willis doesn't just shoot Germans while he walks up the endless tower. For the same reason, Oldboy is good, and The Raid really isn't.

>The soundtrack
I wasn't ready for the feels.

Yeah, because THIS youtube.com/watch?v=UPyyaG_0J0A
is so well shot. I really love the shakycam, after effects blood, and bad cgi especially

>Six minute long fight
>Vivalvi as a fighting soundtrack
>Eyecandy scenario
I know what I'm doing this weekend.