ITT: Albums that clicked immediately

ITT: Albums that clicked immediately

just put this shit on and it's perfect

*fips tedora*

First time I listened to TDS I thought it was just edgy angst garbage. Second time I enjoyed it more and began to appreciate the production. Third time it finally clicked and I enjoyed it for the raw emotions, song writing, and production. I now get why people jerk off over it.

How's the first year of your first month of preschool going?

I'm actually not in preschool right now, I'm 20 but I probably am just going through my late-teen angst phase a bit late. I'm a late bloomer :-)

You mean in your 20th week of infancy?

лeлe
кaзa мy гo

I honestly think With Teeth is a better album

Most of them? Albums that don't immediately click are somewhat very rare

That's not true at all and you might be retarded. Most people take a while to listen to bands like Galaxie 500, Sun Kil Moon, or Neil Young just because they don't expect male vocals to be higher pitched. This is just one example

For me Angel Dust was an album that required multiple listens to really like it.

Could you elaborate, please? I am genuinely curious to hear why. I love With_Teeth too but I wonder if you have a reason for it.

>Not understanding how it's more than that
> Tips intensely

I knew this was going to be a god tier album the second I heard the opening riff

This nigga just got лeлe'd.

I know that feel.

>tfw somehow getting better
>tfw hearing the end of good morning captain and realizing this is the next level shit

Knew this was gonna be fantastic from the first notes

To Be Kind by Swans

All Vampire Weekend is like that

I'm listening to it right now, what an album

love you love you love you love you LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU

Not really. The first couple of times I listened to Depeche Mode I was like "meh". Then the songs started getting stuck in my head, I'd go back and listen more, Dave's vocals took on an addictive quality, and now they're my favourite band.

It mostly comes when people aren't that much adapted to a certain music genre

This album reminds me so much of high school even though I never listened to it while I was there. The lyrics and overall melancholy of it just takes me back.
Absolute masterpiece desu.

my nigga

i was shocked by how much i liked this

Tf is the name of this album, I wanna listen because of the artwork

Same, before I listened to it I thought all emo was stupid pop punk/emo bullshit

makes me wonder about all the other genres i've written off over the years

I think this is the best NIN album, I wish I could hear it for the first time again. I was in awe and in love with it from start to finish.

oh baby it's alright

fell in love with this thing

oops forgot pic

I kinda feel this about country music. Though I feel like most country music I like is closer to folk so I haven't really explored the genre much

Loved this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

When I was discovering NIN, I remember I first listened to With Teeth and it clicked inmediately. Then listened to TDS and thought it was repetitive and dissonant for the sake of it and said "wtf, With Teeth is miles better than this".

It didn't feel right, but it was addictive. I listened to the album over and over and just like with many other records, it took time to grow on me. It ended up becoming by far my favorite NIN release and one of my favorite albums ever so far; and coincidentally it made me go from being a "muh structure is the only thing that matters" fag to be able to appreciate timbre, arrangements and production a lot more.

For example, I remember I used to think Eraser was one of the worst songs of the album, thinking "it's just repetitive garbage then Trent aimlessly screaming his ass off in the end". Now I think it's one of the highlights of the record and one of the best NIN songs. The eerie atmosphere is unparalleled and the way Trent's shouts gradually transform into pure distortion in the end is genius.

The first note of Fix You makes you instantly attached

boring ass album

Not even memeing

>tfw you hear Bring The Sun for the first time

What do you think of Hole?

not the user you replied to but I listened to nail first and then hole and hole didn't do as much an impression on me as nail did

Got recc'd this last week and ive been listening to it everyday since

Fucking aces man, Deep Turtle was the shit,