I'm nearly done interning at an event organization that's hipster supreme. And fuck that

I'm nearly done interning at an event organization that's hipster supreme. And fuck that.

Ask me anything.

Pic related: one of the better bookings

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lguSVD7piyo
youtube.com/watch?v=Afymin3h1mI
twitter.com/AnonBabble

who's the worst booking

Can you clarify yourself a bit?

That's a tough one.
We got Tomasa del Real coming up. Cheesy reggaeton. Also had Tops and they were fucking horrid. Other performers that I found pretty bad were Abdu Ali, Drugdealer, London O'Connor..

Can you be more specific?

Oh I just misread your post. But Blanck Mass was good?

Dude it was complete fucking insanity. My personal favourite during my time at the place. Madness. Chaos.

fuck buttons are better

Did you know someone on the inside to be lucky enough to work for nothing?

Won't argue with that. You seen them live?

Nope not really, and it's an unpaid internship so..

Is it Nothing Ever Happens Here in Edinburgh?

no wait nvm.

They sound quite nice

youtu.be/lguSVD7piyo

Visions festival?

Maybe, maybe not. Specifying location is the only thing i won't get into.

>tfw they were at my country performing and everybody just stood there like "what the fuck is this shit"

The show was something I hadn't seen before, for sure.

Well the singer sounded like a dying child, I really didn't enjoy them live. The majority did though

See? It's your bad vibes

Haha, where was that? The evening he played at, he was the last on the bill. There was DJs and Kelly Lee Owens before him (think they did a bunch of shows together on the tour). The place was fucking packed with people. When Blanck Mass started, it emptied out, about 80% of the crowd left. Fucking fags

Moor Mother, good stuff. Still got to catch Wolf Eyes live at some point

Nah, the target group is just easily impressible.

Portugal.

Nevermind, mistook them with Naked. I missed Blanck Mass because I was high to the point of puking.

Naked was fucking weird, but I enjoyed watching them. The singer came down the stage and started almost lapdancing on the crowd. The place was full (actually full) of smoke and you couldn't see shit.

Also, side note: Bo Ningen were amazing.

You mean the people that bought the tickets to see them and enjoyed themselves?

Scum.

Ah nice. Was it in Lisbon?

Well I found it leagues worse than the studio recordings. Just my opinion man.

It's Day For Nightz isn't it?

>Ah nice. Was it in Lisbon?

Nah, Guimarães,in the north. Really tiny festival.

Tell me why should I listen World Eater

>Well I found it leagues worse than the studio recordings
It is despairing when this happens. Is it the band? the equipment? the venue? the sound men?

youtube.com/watch?v=Afymin3h1mI

You might meet an edgey 24 y.o. you want to perform oral sex with.

the band. Especially the singer.

It's really good

what's your average profit margins?
what're the average booking fees?
what's the most ridiculous request on a rider you've ever seen?

really depends on the gig. some gigs we get good profit. others we lose. i can't give you a margin becaue it really varies from one show to another
there's no fixed booking fees, it's usually negotiable with the artists. opening / local slots usually get between 75 - 100/150 depending on how big they are
haven't had an outrageous rider, but rather retardedly picky artists. theres more instances where they'd ask if we could score them really niche shit on the same day cause they'd lose or fuck up their own equipment, that's pretty annoying, but gotta get the show going..

on a sidenote, i've got another sidejob at a venue. we have Electric fucking Wizard coming up soon. their hospitality rider includes (dunno why there's )'s instead of spaces. copypasted):

HOSPITALITY/CATERING RIDER 2017
MARIJUANA:)1/2)OUNCE/)14GRAMS
YES)YOU)READ)IT)RIGHT…)YOU)HAVE)BOOKED)ELECTRIC)WIZARD!!!

STAGE(DRINKS
666 X)COLD)BOTTLES)OF)SATANIC)BEER!!!

I thought this was a post punk album, sounds like early ministry with some drum n bass
It's ok, might come back to it later when the fuzz isn't too high and opinions are more volatile

*less volatile
Though if this falls under the "electronic" umbrella might check it out after getting tired of 90s techno
Good shit though, good shit

1. it takes like 50 minutes
2. it's really good