Can somebody please explain to me why there are people out there who believe the rapture is going to happen in...

Can somebody please explain to me why there are people out there who believe the rapture is going to happen in September?

I know they use hidden numerology clues in he Bible but the Bible also states nobody will know when it will happen.

How do they rationalize this?

They're stupid as fuck.

I was actually looking at YouTube videos about this earlier today, but I didn't really pay any attention because it was all bullshit. So I can't answer your question.

>numeroLOGy

Sure it's easy to explain

fpbp

today i saw a red star upon me and some friends. it noticied us, then started to slowly fades and move. they finally r going to do something, too bad for us

I am posting this because I have A friend who is normally a very rational smart guy all of the sudden go full out looney toons over this.

He now calls himself a watcher and is trying to save everybody he knows souls from the devil.

Every little thing in the news is now some sort of sign the end is coming.

You need to convince your friend to an hero

>rapture is going to happen in September?
I didn't know about this. Interesting. I was going to kill myself this week but I may as well wait a little longer just in case.

Sounds like he's high on something

I am pretty sure he will after all of this proves false. He has pretty much burned every relationship and is destroying his life financially because of this.

I see a breakdown of epic proportions coming.

Just sit back and enjoy the show. When it inevitably doesn't happen, it should be good for entertainment watching him try to rationalize it.

>I know they use hidden numerology clues in he Bible

>Because, you know, giving vague descriptions of human nature and cyclic history always makes you right

Retarded faggots have been declaring the world is gonna end and claiming to know when it will happen for thousands of years, probably more. I don't think there's an explanation other than some people are fucking retards who obsess over a made up pseudoscience

Holy shit it all makes sense now... I have to suck a log of creamy shit!

Basically there is a lot of injustice in the world at all times, and people want to hope that at some point there will come a reckoning where good people will be rewarded and bad people will be punished.

It's just a form of hope. False hope, but people need hope.

>believe the rapture
>How do they rationalize this?
If people are dumb enough to believe anything they read from the acid trip that is Revelations, they are apt to believe any other insanity earnestly.

Was this ever funny ?

To be fair, psychology also tells us that it has a very little percentage of wishful thinking.

Most of them are people that swallowed some kind of redpill and found themselves being wageslaves, cuckholds/cuckqueen or seen another dense shit.

They are not depressed enough to an hero, or even admit that they want to die.

Off course, you can't be sure how many of them are like this. There is also the pretentious fuckers that do it because they consider themselves superior and that they deserve to be saved.

Are these the same faggots whom had everyone in a panic in 1999? Or 2012? Stupid fucks don't know shit an anybody who believes their shit is just as dumb.

Only fact you can believe is most likely fastest event is a meteor or asteroid flying into the earth an wiping us out. Which we couldn't stop anyway so why worry about it any kind of "sudden" apocalypse. The one we're doing slowly is much worse a prospect than any crack pot theory.

*By the way* Why did everyone believe it would end in their specific timezone? Anybody ever think about that shit? Like why would the world end on eastern standard time or Japanese standard time etc.

>Sup Forums pass

>Falling for Jew tricks

I'm an atheist.

Idk I think that when Andy sixx returns to warped tour and clogs the collective throat of humanity there will be skid marks in my fucking mouth

>how do they rationalize
> rationalize
one simmply does not rationalize anything based on a faith
>really_nigga.jpg

>How do they rationalize this?
These are the same dumb fucks who'll get a bible verse tattoo, but not know that the next verse is one against tattoos.

These are the dumb fucks who quote old testament to justify their bigotry, but not realize that Jesus removed our need to follow old testament.

These are the dumb fucks who take "love one another as I would love you" to mean "bomb a country into glass."

Assuming you believe in Christian doctrine...
People have been predicting the end times since shortly after Jesus "ascended to heaven"...
By the very nature of the end times scenario ..."the day of the Lord cometh as a thief in the night"... even if there were a hidden code in the scriptures, "God" would be pissed, rip whoever was responsible for leaking the "date" a new asshole, abort the plan and set up a new timeframe with better security...
IF you believe any of this bullshit.

If you can believe one impossible thing, it's easy to believe any number of impossible things.

There's a new rapture date? First I've heard of it

This happens every few years. Nothing to worry about. No clue why they keep doing it. Can't accept the bibles just a bunch of words

Because all Christians lie

I'm no longer religious, but you're still misconstruing some things here off of lack of knowledge. The New Testament still considers homosexuals to not enter heaven (that's you part about bigotry right?)
And then the god of Abraham did tell his people to kill. Murder and war are separate things in most moral circles. Both are done for usually completely different reasons. Murder is for hate. War is for defense of ones own people, and doing what your country asks of you.
It's important to make distinctions from this otherwise you'll find a Christian that's smarter than you one day and they'll make you look dumb.

the bible is all made up. its a story book to teach values to people. a bunch of stupid fucks found the writings and took them literally.