ITT: The most polarizing albums

ITT: The most polarizing albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6f4dAaXpc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But this album has near unanimous critical acclaim

Personal 10/10

Their label didn't like it at all

how people think wilco has any krautrock or country influence is beyond me. this is just boring dadrock. like steely dan slowed down.

>how people think wilco has any krautrock or country influence is beyond me
youtube.com/watch?v=Iu6f4dAaXpc

Stop discussing music immediately

Oh shit, I didn't know that Wilco was a jazz-fusion band.

>this is just boring dadrock
not really, the aesthetic is very indie.

>indie aesthetic
No such thing.

universal critical acclaim but it seems half of the people who have listened to it (nowadays at least) think its extremely boring
same story for pic related

you must be deaf.

Define the indie aesthetic
Pro tip: there is no such thing

I kind of get this album, but i feel like I don't fully get it.

Can't think of a modern rock artist more heavily influenced by Gram Parsons than Jeff Tweedy.

but the "indie aesthetic" is just co-opted from bands like the beatles or fleetwood mac so it's all just dadrock in disguise

I have never understood why people think Daydream Nation is boring. Too abrasive maybe, but definitely not boring

>Define the indie aesthetic

effeminate, catchy rock music that follows the late 70s post punk lineage.
seriously, when you listen to "classic" rock and then arcade fire or neutral milk hotel you really hear no differences?

It's all about the guitar playing

>Daydream Nation
>abrasive

i went through a phase as a teen thinking sister, evol, confusion is sex, bad moon rising, and even the ep were better than daydream nation because i didn't full get it. i think people are either projecting like i was or they've just found better stuff than SY but dd is definitely their best album and it's amazing it came out 1989

>Too abrasive