Any texas b/ros? how's the hurricane/flood for you?

any texas b/ros? how's the hurricane/flood for you?

more flood than hurricane where i'm at

five conf deaths already man

West Texas here, hurricanes never reach to this area. But I wonder if that'll be the case in the next 50-100 years

Global warming breh

I always love a good hurricane the eerie apocalyptic feel is just wonderful..

-florida fag

Flooded out here in Houston. Got a foot of water in the 1st flr. We're being told to just ride it out and the nat. guard brought us a few days worth of bottled water and food.
Kinda sucks but we moved important things to 2nd flr, got a small generator running, and we've got flood insurance. So we're OK for now.

Do you live in a part of Houston that is prone to flooding?

Just wait for the smell...

How did Huston Flood anyway? You people don't build lakes and drains?

My cousin stayed over due to the hurricane and we smashed so I'd say pretty good

I suffered though Ivan in 2004. I don't envy you Texas fags.

Never been an issue for 10+ years.
Just smells like wet wood and drywall right now. But I know there will be mold. Hopefully, we'll relocate before them.
Most of the 1st flr will need to be ripped out and replaced though.

Yeah is pretty fun unless things happen to go really badly right where you happen to be.
When those ones came through Florida years ago the with first one Charlie (I think) the really bad area of the storm and eye wall passed right over our area and it got legitimately scary, house flexing, roof barley hanging on and shit slamming into it and it was barley a hurricane at that point. Neighbors had their roofs all ripped up.
In those pockets of power it's crazy but the entire rest of the storm is mostly just hoping you don't flood.
The worst part turned out to be not having power for two weeks.
Two fucking weeks of no power misery and then the second one hit right after power was restored but it didn't get as bad where we were and the power only blinked a few times.
So would have been more fun but we were so worried about losing power again it wasn't.
I moved a few miles away and almost got flooded out by a tropical storm. That was in the more developed area.
They try to half ass engineer for drainage and sometimes it works but sometimes it makes things worse for another area and you wind up with surprise lakes out of nowhere.

I've lived in Florida all my life.

Not checking the flood zones of areas you move too are rookie mistakes.

Also the eye wall went over my place too for Charlie. But at the time my house was cinderblocked outer walls and a roof with hurricane straps installed. I remember watching the garage door suck in an out. Was still Fucking cool.

storm and flood literally went around me in lake jackson. feelsgoodman

They're projecting another 2 feet (????!!!) of rain before this is over?

this is expired, but its supposed to be alot more than 2 feet over the next week

>The blame something generation

Oh hey I'm in LJ too, Is there even a way out of BC right now? last I heard all the roads are closed or flooded

so is houston fucked

who cares, you will be dead until then

Do we know if Jen from last night is ded? Don't care about the landwhale

hungry as hell bruh

Lakes are a lot more expensive to build in Texas. We typically have about 3-4 inches of dirt, then a solid 500+ feet of limestone if you dig down. That's also why despite Tornado's being a decently common occurrence nobody has a basement.

>The bitch about millenials maymay