I just watched the finale and boy what a let down...

I just watched the finale and boy what a let down. This season as a whole felt pretty bleh but the finale really feels like an assortment of scenes that really could have been condensed into about 20 min. Then to top it all off the night king uses his dragon to break down the wall then boom roll credits see you guys next year.

I watched season 6 then went straight into 7 so I may be a little confused but did anything even happen this year? Last year they took back Winterfell and this year the only real battles happened off camera. It was just everyone scurrying around crying about the night king.

I feel like you didnt even watch the season
But the finale was boring, i expected something different. The only thing i was hyped about was the boat sex

i watched it around a half hour ago, its fucking bullshit

Anyone got a stream link?

As much as I enjoyed that episode I think this season overall was the weakest we've been given in a while. Granted next season is probably going to be amazing.

Plenty happened but it was all more subtle. Nothing massive and in your face as in some previous seasons. HBO have knee capped the story by having 2 shorter season because they're retarded so the show runners have basically spent this season sucking off the fan fiction writers and rushing through story positioning all the characters so there can be lots of fighting next season

The show is about the politics of war, not the actual battles

In an hour and a half I felt like it was just talking. So they killed Little finger off , but sheit he hasn't been doing anything anyways. Jon and Dany do some incest. Theon uses his dickless powers. I mean the only thing I care about at this point is The night king and Samuel Tully , he's humourous . Felt like a let down honestly

>more subtle
I think you are over analyzing because the past 2 seasons of thrones have been about as subtle as lit dynamite shoved up your asshole.

>implying
The show hasn't been about politics since what? Season 5?

Just a question, what the hell happened at Castle Rock once the Unsullied took it and they were ambushed? This series has so many plot holes. It needs better writers.

They shaped the "teams" in this season.
Jamie marches north to inform the others I assume.
Loose end littledonger is finally dead.
Bran told Sam the truth about Jon.
Blue fire didn't make sense to me but it was what I wanted for the dragon and hell yeah I got it.

I liked the last episode, yes it felt "too little" and I really hate to wait a year but it was good.

I was also confused on this, I thought they were trapped then all if sudden they were somewhere else? Or am I wrong here

People can walk, remember?

There was a lot of setup in this season, and the payoff was pretty good but could have used two more episodes. The Arya and Sansa thing was built up nicely, and killing Littlefinger was one of the high points of the season. The Dragon Pit sequence was really good, you could pick any two characters and find a lot of history between them.

Unfortunately, the series ending was leaked and it looks disappointing AF. Kate picks Sawyer, and it was all just a dream.

>Samuel Tully

kys

The sex scene. Where?

So answer this Anons question
They were trapped there, were would they walk to ?

On a boat

Anywhere they need to go, Dany has dragons, she can easily fly there and tell them where to be and when.

They had no supplies. They said that it was a "trap" and they would never hold it.
They gave it up, there was no point fighting for it.

And the plan of nightking to tear down the wall was to use a dragon all along ... i call bullshit

In the books, there is a magic horn that can bring down the wall. Euron has it in book five.

The show has hinted that the Night King can see the future, like Bran. In episode 6, the Night King and his homies have three ice spears, one ready for each dragon. And it must have taken centuries to buy that much chain at Home Depot, they don't stock dragon pulling chains very often.

A

and now we are watching ur boobs

Actually, this was pretty good. There was a theory about this, saying it would happen for long. Just Google it.

They can't see the future, only past and present.

How else would they know to have a huge chain, and three ice spears, ready?

Pls post more babe

But she's his auntie

either the undead got the chains from a raid on a coastal colony (boats = anchors = chains)

or they got it from something like the giant wall-guillotine that the crows used against the wildlings

Disappointed in the pacing of dialogue . The Hound and Euron taking turns to have an unnatural fanservice moment of shit-talking came across weird.

tl;dr this episode was shot terribly

>then boom roll credits see you guys next year.
hah you wish. new season not til 2019

To answer your questions, the Unsullied were not ambushed or trapped at Casterly Rock. They defeated the small number of men who were there. This small force was meant to give the illusion that Casterly Rock was being defended when in fact the vast majority of the Lannister forces were marching on Highgarden. You'll recall that, after they deal with the Lannisters, Grey Worm remarks that there should have been many more Lannisters there.

Grey Worm looks out at the water and sees the Greyjoy fleet destroying the ships the Unsullied traveled on. It was a trap set by Jaime, who ordered the larder be emptied as well. So the Unsullied cannot hold the Rock without food and their ships are destroyed. They had no choice but to march through Westeros.

Note also that this backfired for Jaime, as it left the eastern coast unpatrolled, allowing Dany to land her Dothraki army there, where they decimated the Lannister and Tarly forces in the loot train battle which ended with the field of fire when Dany rides in on Drogon.

yea but there is a prequel coming out 2018

There is a lot of bad writing going on. The unsullied get trapped then they magically are Untrapped. Even though unsullied have been fighting and dying for years there are still huge amounts of them left. The iron born fleet seems to just be sailing around causing havoc like kids driving around throwing rocks at people. They had big elaborate scenes to explain shit we already knew.

Jon gives this big speech about why he won't bend the knee to the mad queen. She asks "are you willing to let your men die for your pride?" When he could simply ask "are you willing to kill men for yours?" Then a few episodes later he forgets all that he said and happily pledges to her. She leaves the city she conquered while right after putting down a rebellion which irl would almost certainly cause another one. People magically think sh will be a good ruler even though she constantly does stupid things and kills people who won't bow to her.

I honestly think the series will only get worse the more daenerys is in it. Her entire character is a huge Mary Sue and all her problems melt away due to some contrived plot device (usually dragons).

still fails to explain how the fuck they chained the dragon underwater if they cant even swim.

the wildlings and/or giants had chains like that already. they attached them to mammoths to attack the gate at castle black.

makes sense although it feels dumb to let the Unsullied go if they had them there trapped. They could have just starved them to death.

Might've had something to do with the Dothraki and a dragon ambushing the Lannister supply caravan.

Ice spears aren't big or cumbersome so I would imagine they always have those. They still have big things roaming around north of the wall like huge bears and giants so it makes sense that they have them. As far as the chains it doesn't really let us know how much time passed between the dragon sinking and when they raised him back up again. The likely answer is that the writers didn't even think about it and just expect you to accept they had the chains lying around.

Well they weren't trapped as much as they were just forced to abandon the Rock and march back to Dany. They would have to leave and the Lannisters would then be able to reclaim it.

do they die, or are they just not able to swim?
night king could have just suicided some of them to tie the chain around the dragon

Home Depot have a branch beyond the wall m8

magic bro. Draongs flying around, people rising from the dead, cripples who can see through the passage of time and space and you get hung up on chaining up a draggo? Shave your neck m8

they were going back from Casterly Rock by then

this

Fuck off, even fiction needs logical consistency otherwise is just nonsense.

Can somebody please explain why the fuck the dothraki are even a threat? They use blades against armies dressed in full armor and unless these are magic blades then they should just glance off. I realize that this is a fantasy work with Giants and dragons but why even wear armor if some retard can come around screaming and holding and cut through it like it wasn't even there?

those blades are pretty sharp m8

fuck Daenerys, your not fooling anyone. The only thing nonsense is your comment bitch. Ya dragons gone, get over it. Less salt and more getting them tits out BB

Not being able to swim isn't the same as drowning. They could grab an end of the chain and sink to the bottom then hook it on. Since they are magically reanimated corpses they don't need oxygen and could easily operate under water even if they can't swim.

>Granted next season is probably going to be amazing.

Next season will be even more rushed and haphazardly thrown together. The writing was pretty much horrible this season and I can't think of any reason it won't be next season. The only saving grace is the conclusion of plot lines that we've been waiting for since season 1.

the wights don't die, they just sink. in episode 6, some came up out of the water and tried to kill Tormund

the blade the Dothraki use aren't real-world blades, but the idea behind a curved cavalry saber applies. the weight of the blade (from up on a horse, so there's a height/weight thing) and the momentum of the horse are enough to cut through armor.

I enjoyed the episode, and am looking forward to the spinoff(s) and the next season. the books will probably play out differently, I think GRRM is going to have fun with the books and change the story from show a bit. he likes to use material from his early sci fi writing, he'll probably use from details of The Seven from when he introduced them in his Thousand Worlds sci fi short stories

I don't care how sharp a blade is it isn't going to cut through armor. Not to mention the fact that the dothraki don't really have cities and shouldn't be able to make high quality steel. Their blades should literally shatter when hitting armor.

Nice Boobs...

Was it just me or did we just witness the worst sex scene in GoT History? I could swear, there wasn't even a nipple visible...

This is not compact steel that would stop a bullet. They are not using heavy armors, more of a light armor. You can as well see that the area around the neck or knees are not protected so that they can move.

> the blade the Dothraki use aren't real-world blades, but the idea behind a curved cavalry saber applies. the weight of the blade (from up on a horse, so there's a height/weight thing) and the momentum of the horse are enough to cut through armor.

There is literally no way a human (even a mounted one) is going to cut through armor. The best they could hope for is to dent it, but with the dothraki being barbarians their metal would either warp or break upon high impact. The only ways to get past armor is a blunt force blow (maces, hammers, etc), sticking a sharp point through a gap or a high velocity hit with a sharp point (certain types of arrows or a spike). In a realistic battle they would be unable to do any serious damage and either have to run away or they would be decimated.

ok so what's your take on dragons? dragons aren't real right? neither is magic and resurrecting people. the undead. wargs. jesus.

Nobody can explain how do the crows know where to take messages to even if it is to an army post in the middle of nowhere.

bran wargs into them and flys them to where they need to be. he is the 3 eyed raven

The padded jacket worn under armor called a gambeson would probably be enough to stop a cut even without the metal. The only hope you have is to use the sharp point of the sword which would make dothraki curved swords worthless for fighting armor. If you don't believe me then go take your sharpest kitchen knife and try to open a can without using the tip.

So because their are some elements of fantasy everything else goes out the window?

it depends on the quality of the blade (especially the metal or alloy used) and the quality of the armor. the armor in GoT is mostly medieval or earlier era, although some renaissance era full plate exists (Kingsguard, for example, have full plate). most armor leaves the neck vulnerable, and the eyes can't be covered or the soldier can't see. so a warrior on horseback has an easy time slicing down into the vulnerable neck.

medieval era full plate was incrediibly effective, melee combat between two knights in plate basically became a context of hitting each other until something got bent out of shape, then wrestling until you could use a dirk or dagger to stab the other where the armor was bent. plate mail was also incredibly expensive, only nobility could afford it.

there was one really nice, fairly subtle, part of the episode I really liked. after the Hound threatened his brother in front of everyone, no one was intimidated by the Mountain anymore. both Tyrion and Jaime didn't take the Mountain seriously after the Hound bitched him out

I read your post and thought you're probably just a whiny bitch, so I went ahead and watched the finale too..

Turns out you're actually right. I mean it was fucking obvious what he would use the dragon for, so they really needed to do more than just show the obvious, and throughout the whole episode it was just talking and planning, which is fine throughout the season but not in a 120 minute season finale.

This series is getting worse the longer it goes on. Series like this always end up like this because the authors write themselves into corners or can't figure out a good way to resolve things.

The first 3 seasons were fucking amazing, the show had potential and was going places. Then after that it just steadily declined. This season wasn't awful, it was just fairly boring and mostly filler.

Vumoo.li > tv shows > GoT > Season seven. You're welcome.

because they don't have the books to go off anymore and fatass martin won't hurry the fuck up and finish writing them.

expect the last season to be just as shit.

good guys win against white walkers, cersei is kill, jamie joins tyrion alongside john and dany who rule the iron throne together. yawn

that's incredibly optimistic for how the series ends, and how many main characters survive. I'm guessing either Jon or Dany will die, either Jaime or Tyrion will die, either Sansa or Arya will die, there's a chance Bran gets caught in a time loop (there are fan theories about Bran going back in time and warging into Jaime to throw himself off the tower), and I'm also guessing either Ghost or Nymeria dies. there is no happy ever after in A Song of Ice and Fire

There are weak spots on armor but you are asking a guy galloping on a horse at around 20 mph to slice downward and hit a small sliver about half an inch wide. Not only would that be incredibly hard they would also have to not get themselves killed in the process. Slashing downward also means they have to be right on top of their enemy meaning they would probably get cut long before they could deal a blow.

ok you've convinced me. i'm going to stop watching the show.

I REALLY wanted to screenshot Jon's butt and start posting it in ass threads; HBO Now said no

Can we just agree that the show would have been 100 times better if daenerys would have died in the fire and the tyrells were still in play?

aye

Daenerys dying would have been meh, I think; her rashness should have been a huge deal, even if it wasn't (although she did lose a dragon).

Tyrells would be nice to have around though

>not demanding timestamp
Sure is winter in here

You're boring the shit out of me with your comment dude. Nobody cares what useless information you have, especially when it only serves you by way of ruining your enjoyment of a show everybody else loves. Get over yourself laddie, we aren't impressed.

We didn't actually see Olenna Tyrell die we just saw her drink "poison". She could pull a hound and show up later.

Oh boy what a season. As a non-watcher I heard basically nothing about it which makes me happy, because that means that this over-hyped piece of series that completly relies on sex, violence and plot twists in order to appeal to their normie viewership is about to be done for.

I never said it ruined anything I only said it was a stupid part of the story. So stop crying when somebody doesn't love everything about your favorite tv show laddie, we aren't impressed.

if you're an oldfag, which I assume u're not, you'd know that Sup Forums is full of fucking retards and newfags, everyone moved to the Sup Forums a long time ago

+1

There really wasn't much sex, violence or plot twists this year. It was all pretty predictable and boring. It felt like "holy shit we have to air something let's just get this out"

I enjoyed most of it.
I've left my house more than thrice in the past week though, so I guess I'm pretty normie.

>u're
Tried to be lazy and proper did ya winter friend

Arya's plot was the best this year; I fucking loved the first scene of the season, watched just that scene three times because it just felt so RIGHT
The bits in the finale were pretty good too, wasn't sure which way it would go

In this season the sense of time has become pretty much obsolete. The cliffhanger at the end was exactly the one I expected. What I wondered is if the Undead Dragon is breathing fire or ice now?

How does it breathe anything, and why couldn't the Night King just make a bear that shoots magic?
The world may never know.

Well the one thing a fantasy show should do is to stay true to the rules of the universe which it implemented. GoT became less and less reliable on that front so I was just wondering.

While we're nitpicking, I noticed that Jon never mentioned that Valyrian Steel also deanimates the dead.
That really annoyed me, don't see how it could be useful as a plot device

I feel ye, was just meme'n. Probably frost, but that makes no sense. Fire makes no sense either. That means magic, but then it could be ice, which makes no sense.
Also, how is the residual magic of a dragon not strong enough to resist the night king?

It's kind of like pro wrestling. There are "rules" but they may be ignored whenever they become inconvenient or the writers forget.

This is also a fantastic, almost necessary thing for game design, if anyone cares.
Breaking the rules leaves players (or watchers) confused as to why something doesn't work, and the usual reason is "oops" or "lol look at that faggot couldn't even figure out the thing we told him not to do."

Which would just make it bad writing then. You have to be fair though, the writers can't take a few years to write a season. And since they don't have a source material anymore that did the job for them, they have to cut corners, unfortunately.

Well, it's dead I guess. And he is the revivedeadshitguy.

I mean it's just a different kind of logic that you created for your world. The rules have to be laid out. What can be done and what can't. Of course when there is magic involved there is a bit more leeway, but there is also a reason why Gandalf didn't just fly into Mordor with his eagles and dropped the Ring into Mount Doom.

Exactly, like how in Dark Souls you can parry most humanoid mobs (except bosses (lol fuck you Gwyn)). Indeed, Dark Souls is a game about such rules, where Scribblenauts is about breaking the rules.
But now we're well off-topic

And what is that reason user?

Yeah but it isn't like they didn't know ahead of time that the source material was running out. At some point you would have thought somebody at hbo would have had writers working a few years in advance in prep for the books running out.

The sad part is that George rr Martin will probably die before the books are finished seeing ass how he is almost 70 and fat as fuck. The television series is going to end up being the closest thing we have to a complete story.

They're not even the same thing anymore.

Lady Stoneheart anyone? amirite?

Just gonna step in cause it takes 2 seconds:
Gandalf knew he'd be tempted by the power (see Saruman), and therefore had to have someone of stronger will (or better character) do it for him