War on drugs

the following is a serious question

has the war on drugs been efective on reducing the trade of illicit drugs (and thus having a positive effect on public health)?

I want to know what people on Sup Forums think, to contrast with several sources

Other urls found in this thread:

unodc.org/unodc/en/index.html
imdb.com/title/tt2125653/
vimeo.com/28609491
youtube.com/watch?v=H5y2ZKziljg
youtube.com/watch?v=WMbEhP2irDM
narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/bill-conroy/2009/01/cocaine-plane-trail-open-challenge-obama-administration
corbettreport.com/exciting-investment-opportunity-in-afghanistan-record-returns-expected/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I don't think a war on drugs in the US or Mexico has contributed to reducing the amount of drugs that enter the US, as a matter of fact, I think it only has increased as both populations grow.

The war on drugs is a sham that needs to be stopped in its tracks, but I guess a good part of Sup Forums is brainwashed by the anti drug crowd and their judeo Christian morals.

i fail to see judeo christian morals as a relevant factor to support the war on drugs, care to correct me?

Religious leaders in the US support the ban of drugs, and condemn their use. It influences popular opinion more than the government's say.

Also, were you going to post stats? It would be nice to see how many lives and billions are lost to this transvestite of a solution.

i'm writting a memoire on the drug abuse during wietnam war right now and i can tell you that the "war on drug" decided by Nixon on june 17 1971 was a "full damage control policy".
why ? because a lot of veterans (even if they were a minority among the entirety of american troops) came back addicted to heroin and american opinion on vietnam war was more and more rejecting this war. So Nixon decided to act all tough against the drug problem.
What were the results ? well nothing, the illegal worldwide drug trafficking stabilized (afghanistan still produce for 85 % of world opium) and move to other place (south east asia > Mexico and south america) to please the american demand (which is the strongest ofr opiates in the world)

>Also, were you going to post stats?
no, but you ought to do so before someone demands that you support your claims

You will never stop the demand.
You'll never stop the supply.

Just move the black market to a legal zone, everybody wins.

Consumer: Has no fear of getting a bad product and die
Dealer: No risk of getting caught
Gov: More Taxes, no prision overpopulation
Society: Less crime rates

It's really that simple.
Use the money of the taxes to expand the drug education.

the american governement funded secrets and special operations to 'end the drug problem around the world' since 1969 but the vast majority of the money has been used by corrupted government around the world (south vietnam Thailand and cambodia first, then panama and mexico with reagan for exemple)

The war on drugs was a good idea, there's proof in the past that a world without drug was possible, even after a big drug crisis. But all politicians have to unit and stop hijack UN funds first.

but think of the children.

The war on drugs isn't about drugs, it's about control.

Oh, I've seen a coupe of statistics showing addiction rates being unaffected by rising spending in the war of drugs, even if that was not the case, there is no rational reason to keep drugs outlawed, the pros of legalizing far outweigh the cons

it would be forbidden for children to use drug (like for cigarettes and alcohol) but when they're 18 (or 21 depends of the country) they could smoke and inject all they want if it has been legally purchase.

I'm not a pro drug hippie but i think legalizing the totality of drugs even the hardest is a good thing for all of us. This way, you stop making drugs a "thing" that obsess folks.
>it's forbidden, it must be something fucking crazy, i want to try it, just to know what it does
if you legalize and make drugs by governmental infrastructures then you have access to a better quality drug. You know what you are using. The main danger with drugs is the fact that you don't know what there's in. It could be a 5% pure heroin or a 13% pure. What's the difference between both ? In one case you're high, in another you're dead.
The list can go on.

President Kennedy was rushing off his head on methamphetamine.
But the people are not allowed this drug at all.

seems fair. lol.

>has the war on drugs been efective on reducing the trade of illicit drugs

Reducing the drug trade was never the goal, controlling it was.

well, show those statistics

unodc.org/unodc/en/index.html

thanks, I'll give it a read later

>I'm not a pro drug hippie
>but I'm pro legalizing drugs
hm

kek i see.
I mean, i have never done drugs, and certainly will not (but who am i to predict the future). What i think is that i don't want to see a kid overdosing because of some shit drugs manufactured in some third world shithole who benefit to drug lord. We could have instead governemental manufactured drug with taxes and shit for us.

>has the war on drugs been efective on reducing the trade of illicit drugs (and thus having a positive effect on public health)?

no it actually does the opposite

people will do what you tell them not to, human nature

>You will never stop the demand.
Easy. Drug test positive - go to labor camp. Three strikes - death sentence. No junkies, no demand.

Literally has had the inverse effect from what they wanted. Its like people want to do drugs lel and they will do anything to protect their business/habit.

Police just bullshit the media with propaganda always increasing the 'street value' of what they loot.

this is a non linear war against the people. one side knows who the enemy is the other one doesn't who do you think will win the war...a bunch of crooks that use law and red tape to derive their power or do you think the people who dont give a fuck and are willing to kill over this shit.

The war is a failure on so many levels.

Simple cost benefit analysis would say stop the invasive bullshit and put this shit into a public arena where it can be controlled.

Absolutely not. Its only increased violence, competition among gangs and cartels, and profits for criminals and the prison system.

>Mandatory drug testing for civilians

What a lovely society you've dreamed up. Let's just install government nanny cams in everyone's homes while we're at it.

It was never meant to reduce the trade of illicit drugs. It was to militarize Latin American countries, create refugees, increase homicide rates, and increase prison population. Please read Karl Marx and Chomsky for more information.

>has the war on drugs been efective on reducing the trade of illicit drugs (and thus having a positive effect on public health)?

No, because the US Government doesn't actually want to slow the flow of drugs, and the CIA has been caught more times than one can count shipping drugs on government planes to the US and other countries. They then use that cash for a whole slew of off-the-books activities which typically include toppling governments for wealthy campaign contributors and starting wars for Israel. And every Western country does this, not just the USA.

Now, I'm not saying drugs should be legal. They shouldn't be. But government officials who get caught smuggling drugs or having a hand in the drug trade should be literally executed on live television.

Not at all. Drugs are cheaper and more potent than ever before, and dozens of new 'research chemicals' hit the streets every year

Huge waste of time and money but it did a good job putting our niggers in jail before they inevitably commited more serious crimes

When I was 15 I could easily get anything from weed to high quality mdma to various flavor of the month RCs

If theres a war on drugs in australia, it sure isnt working

Not at all. Despite spending over a trillion dollars since the beginning of the war on drugs, the supply and demand for them has remained largely unchanged.

The War on Drugs is a failure.

There is a demand for mind altering substances other than alcohol.

Interdiction efforts can never be completely successful of controlling the supply of these substances.

The extent that they are at all successful has the effect of raising the price of drugs, making it more lucrative for gangsters to get involved in the drug business. Which leads to a higher supply of drugs.

The cycle continues, billions of dollars of taxpayer money is spent without achieving anything, and if anything people turn to harder drugs because of restrictions on access to pharmaceuticals like amphetimines and opioids.

>install government nanny cams in everyone's homes while we're at it.

we already have that, also testing swer piss for drug concentration to determine us by block is relatively easy probably already done

You are now aware Bush Family in the biggest movers of Heroin.

>there's proof in the past that a world without drug was possible

Kek. Drugs have been part of human culture since forever, and they will remain a part of human culture.

>What a lovely society you've dreamed up
Think about it. You are already in nanny state. It decides what substance grown adult could put in their bodies and what not. Only this nanny state is terribly inefficient. It doesn't really stop substances instead it produces huge amount of violence, suffering and corruption in their inefficient way off stopping adults individual behavior.

Go all the way reach goals you aiming, stop half measures. if you believe that state could decide for the adults what can they do - fine jail junkies. If you think that state has no right to decide that - it is fine too, stop drugs prohibition then. Current situation doesn't really fulfill any of these opposite political positions.

DUDE.

are all russians this stupid?

The war on drugs is a total fucking farce. You CANNOT have a war on drugs. Want to know how to beat or mostly diminish the role of cartels? Make the shit legal and affordable here. The reason we're supposed to not do drugs, is !) they are bad for you and B) the money goes to terrorists. NO SHIT GOVERNMENT, YOU CREATED A BLACK MARKET LIKE WITH ALCOHOL PROHIBITION.

This.

Everyone thinks Regan was a good boy. He was actually caught shipping cocaine into the country, selling it in poor neighborhoods, and pushing the war on drugs.
Several YouTube videos exist on it. Mainstream media like 60 minutes did stories on it.
It was part of how we funded bin Laden before we killed him. Iran contra hearings.

The war on drugs exists so the government has control, as it's been said. They care nothing for the human life.

are all australians don't have arguments?

Well considering that the average sandnigger selling drugs in France makes more in a day what an engineer makes in a month, I'd say the war on drugs hasn't been very effective.

The war on drugs is a facade for more drugs

Yes. See Iran-Contra and US soldiers being forced to protect poppy fields in Afghanistan. We know the "deep state" of the US, specifically black intelligence services, identified drug running as the best method of funding black ops.

you cant really argue against an incoherent junkie

Niggers love doing drugs. In my mind, if you do drugs recreationally you're not too far off from being a nigger

imdb.com/title/tt2125653/

>has the war on drugs been efective on reducing the trade of illicit drugs
>reducing
Yes, a little.

It will never be totally stopped.

Like you caffeine? Go fuck yourself.

We went about it the wrong way. We've been attacking the problem from within our own country rather than dealing with the source.

It's like someone has AIDS and all you do is treat infection after infection instead of giving them HAART to actually reduce the viral load and improve immune function. You're only treating symptoms in the short term and not the source of the problem.

We should've been putting more pressure on mexico and the other central/south american governments to get their shit together and stop allowing these drug cartels to run rampant.

I wonder why we won't hear about Bill Clinton letting drugs fly into his state via Mena airport in Arkansas.

Incorrect. Where there is a market like the one there is for drugs, part of that being due to the legal drug cartels pushing pain killers on everyone, there will always be someone there to fill the request. ALWAYS.

savage

australia can't cope.

You must be quite naive if you're not aware that your own government is protecting poppy fields in the middle east, and actively involved with drug cartels in South America.

The main purpose for the war on drugs you're waging against your own citizens is to support the prison industry with a constant supply of niggers, and helping the pharma industry to push legal meth.

Already being saturated with government regulation is a terribly Jewish excuse to double down on it.

>Only this nanny state is terribly inefficient

No shit

>if you believe that state could decide for the adults what can they do

I don't believe that at all, but you seem to and even support it. Or you're joking, I can't tell.

Perhaps you've heard of a little something called the Prohibition era. It was a massive failure. The War on Drugs isn't much different.

I suppose you don't drink alcohol then

I thought the war on drugs was an excuse to destroy black and hippie communities?

Ever since I heard this, my libertarian utopian view on drugs obviously dissipated.

You'd be mad not to support the war.

>Perhaps you've heard of a little something called the Prohibition era. It was a massive failure.
Because it was half assed effort. Target consumers not supply. Or don't go prohibition if you have no desire to really win this war or think:
>I don't believe that at all

t. cartel

it destroys blacks by making them violent thugs

More like it needs to be fought like a actual war, with a whole lot more shooting and a whole lot less litigation.

They call it a "drug war" dont they?

Yes, then they chuck em in prison where they force them to do manual labour and rape hippies.

Genius!

>having more people in prison
>good

terrible b8 man

I have an idea. How about all world governments mandate a neural chip implant that monitors brainwaves and reports any suspicious neural activity or brainwaves that may be interpretted as drug use or crimethink. Also replace one of everyone's eyeballs with a camera to make sure no one is up to no good. Any and all perpetrators should be sent to labor camps until they're set straight. Enough of this half-assing it, if they're going to monitor us they might as well get into our brains, right?

Tons of US prisons are run by private companies who have deals with the government which are based on the assumption that they are at least 80% full all year long. Hence the desire to incarcerate as many people for as long as possible.

No.
I've actually done significant research on this.

Drug deaths since 1968 (three years before war on drugs in the UK) and between 2006 went up over 6000%, accounting for population increases.

>Implying the war on drugs has even been fought

Does it matter? We dont have any place we can use to controll for the effects of non-enforcement so we can only make the basic assumption that all problems with drugs would be worse in a place where they would be legal.

Not really. In fact, every law they passed has had unintended consequences.

For instance, in New York, fucking Cuomo had a solution in search of a problem. He passed a law that forced every doctor to only use electronic means of writing prescriptions. His thinking was that doctors' prescription pads were too easy to steal or that doctors were overprescribing or whatever.

Vicodin deaths in New York totaled eight last year. Fucking EIGHT.

You know what's happened as a result? Heroin use has skyrocketed in New York, and there have been almost as many heroin overdoses and deaths this year so far as there were ALL of last year.

But that's fine; Cuomo will be able to tell fucking dems in 2020 or 2024 all about how he reduced vicodin deaths by nine percent.

>How about all world governments mandate a neural chip implant that monitors brainwaves and reports any suspicious neural activity or brainwaves that may be interpretted as drug use or crimethink.
Good, now go on elections with it.

Dumping """""""War"""""" on Drugs" material:

>Laos opium trade
vimeo.com/28609491

>Gary Webb and CIA - crack connection
youtube.com/watch?v=H5y2ZKziljg
youtube.com/watch?v=WMbEhP2irDM

>List of CIA-related cocaine planes (the ones we know of)
narcosphere.narconews.com/notebook/bill-conroy/2009/01/cocaine-plane-trail-open-challenge-obama-administration

>Afghanistan poppy cultivation directly supported (and profited by) the West
corbettreport.com/exciting-investment-opportunity-in-afghanistan-record-returns-expected/

Elements of western governments have been involved in the production and distribution of "illegal" drugs at least since the opium wars. The " 'war' on drugs ", together with its younger sibling, the "war on terror", is a tool to solidify government control and weaponize the police + finance the armed forces so they can swiftly eradicate all dissent.

Two real examples from history that completely shit over all argumens for the ""war" on drugs"
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Portugal
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prohibition_in_the_United_States