Alright Sup Forums, I inherited my grandpa's house...

Alright Sup Forums, I inherited my grandpa's house. He had a freezer in the laundry room and it's still got some stuff in it. Pic related, is. It still good? It's sell/freeze by date is literally a year ago, and it was sealed in plastic. Also among these are some pre-packaged Tyson pulled chicken (never opened, frozen), and some Tyson chicken breasts (never opened, frozen). Everything is past its sell by date, but has been frozen since before that date.

How much of this is good to eat? Will it taste alright? With the steak, will marinating it help?

plot twist: the meat is your grandpa

1 month after date

I marinate brains in my own urine before I grill them.

It's freezerburnt, dumbass. No. If it has a shit ton of ice where you normally wouldn't see ice inside the packaging, toss it.
If it's discolored like the meat in your picture, toss it.
If it's been in there, expired for a fucking year, toss it.
Maybe pawn some of his shit for food money if you're that desperate.

1 YEAR. That shit is 2016

Damn, so all this is trash? Sucks, I'm a poor fag so mediocre steak is acceptable.
I hope not, then who did we cremate and spread at sea?
Yeah, it's 1 year past its sell by date. It's only 2017, user

Dude frozen meat will last for several years cook it up man.

EAT IT OP

eat that shit youll be good.....these people dont know shit. Just cook it through all the way and post results.

for a fresh steak 1 year is totally fine

I'm not that desperate, I just don't like to waste things unnecessarily. I have my own food, friend. Plus my dad already pawned all the stuff that's worth anything. I like the freezer and it's not terribly new so it's not worth selling anyway.
I'm getting conflicting reports here.
I'm thinking marinate then cast iron. I might not do it today but when I do I'll post results.

Heck I have a thing of frozen spaghetti that's 3 years old I'm planning on eating

100% throw in the trash don't eat.

Is this because it's harmful, or because it'll taste like garbage?

if it was completly brown i wouldn't just because its gonna taste freezer burnt, but if the packaging is intact, with no way for air to get in, its good bro. thats a good piece of steak. eat it. the mongols. would freeze meat for years at a time. go primal pussyfaggot. eat that steak like Genghis khan

It's frozen; it will stay good up to 20 years. You can look this up. Don't take anyone's word for it on Sup Forums. Besides that you're going to cook any bad things out of it. Don't waste food.

Don't listen to morons.

With meat you should freeze it and eat it before 6 months. But to be honest a year is not that bad. Just thaw it and smell it and look at the color. Then it's your decision.

No, no you haven't

If your grandpa was vegan he'd still be alive

Chop it all up and cook it all at once in a pot with other shit and then dump it all in the river behind your house.

Both reasons
Once it starts to defrost it will go bad quick.

I've eaten meat like this several times, just cut off the all white bits, it's frostburn like already mentioned. It might not be all that great, but it looks fully edible. Haven't tried red meat, but I imagine it'd be better than the chicken I had

Lol don't eat anything in there.

It's probably the reason your grandpa died

There are people who have eaten frozen turkeys that were frozen for 18-19 years. One year? Pshh. It's fine.

It has some freezer burn which means moisture has gone through sublimation.

It is nothing wrong with it from a health aspect, it's just going to be dry and boring.
So make a stew or something.

They also made jerky from fallen enemys ball sacks

Frozen shit lasts forever. If it's not totally freezer burt, it's good. If it cooks up like leather, toss. Not because it can make you sick, it won't. But because it will chew like your belt and taste about the same.
But it won't make you sick.

Cook and give to homeless people. Post results

This. Stew is the best option. That way you'll cook it all the way through.

>product of Mexico

Ive eaten pork that was 8 years past its exp. As long as it was in the freezer, it will be fine. Quality wont be great but it won't hurt you.

These seem like the smartest response. Looking at it from the side it still seems very pink.

You don't realize it, but you're dead.

Bullshit I don't I can even post a picture can't prove how old it is but I do have 3 year old frozen spaghetti

The freezing process breaks down the cell structure, the cells crystallize and burst, it'll taste like a baseball glove.

Fake and gay
What else you got, Mc'ds Mulan sauce?

ITT: people eating garbage.

That's not a people

Him and his big toe looks pretty healthy

You wouldn't know fake and gay if it whipped out its boobs and dick

Cook it, if it smells normal you can eat it

100% eat.
no worries.

Obviously that's not gay though, try harder, kiddo

there's a funny thing called Google that will lead you to the answers to so many questions. you should try it.

My mother used to buy steaks and pork chops and chicken when they were on sale in huge quantities. I ate a NY Strip once that was over 2 years old, frozen right after she purchased it. It was tough and freezer burnt but it didnt fuck me up and it tasted pretty good otherwise. As long as you know that the power hadnt gone out for an extended period of time you should be good.

Also, best way to eat that shitty freezer burnt ass steak is probably tossing it into chili or a stew. That's what I did with most the other old frozen steaks.

We've being selling you fish that's being dead for almost 5 years and non of you have become sick or died so OP I'd say your A okay.

>If the meat smells bad after defrosting, seriously bin it.

I second the stew.

Just thoroughly cook it. All the way through. Usually people only freeze meats for 6 months but I don't think there will be a problem besides less taste. If you cook it enough it should kill anything that's bad anyway.

thats fine, defrost it and cook it up, frozen meat will last for ages in the freezer

I would eat it, or at least cook it before deciding, maybe give it to my dog if it sucks.

Yep I would eat it without second thought. But it is not going to be good on the grill

I've eaten stake in that condition before, the quality all around is gone, there is a SLIGHT health risk.

All of that can be negated by putting it in the crock pot overnight and making a stew, that will soften the meat and cook it enough to get out most any dangers.

But, anything that has worse of a condition like the OP picture, I'd avoid.

Oh and as for seafood / pork / chicken / it's more likely to be a loss in that batch.

But you can smell the chicken and pork once they are thawed and know real quick if it's good. Seafood just doesn't do well with freezerburn, that stuff goes bad fast as hell.

personally, Unless it was an ungodly treasure trove of fine cuts, Id trash em. Be aware that if the freezer ever was left unplugged for more than 6 hrs, bacteria is in every single one of those packages. Do you trust your senile gpa to have stored it properly without fail?

good for you, thats what making you retarded

Why is so cheap? Is cause from mexico?

faggot

Fuck you and your fatphobia. Fat people poop too, it's perfectly normal.

>nutrifag here
The meat will taste bad, cause many chemical aspects of it will be gone, but it'll probably not make you feel sick
Listen to and check after you thaw it..