How on god's green earth do people believe this duel was anything but dogshit compared to Darth Maul lightsaber fights...

How on god's green earth do people believe this duel was anything but dogshit compared to Darth Maul lightsaber fights in Phantom Menace?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tXTFdDrd7pA
youtube.com/watch?v=rk1qghsNiok
youtube.com/watch?v=NTziNcVtY24
youtube.com/watch?v=RDExwI4ZTGA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>I'm impressed by CGI people jumping around CGI lavaplanets

cuz mr plinkett said so

Shitty fight but emotionally relevant story driven diologue from two people who have a big history.

Vs.

Overly choreographed fight between two jedi and one bad guy who have little-to-no history together intercut with aquatic rabbits fighting robots, a nine year-old kid fighting robotic spaceships by accident, and a queen fighting alien asian stereotypes.

i am so fucking sick of this meme.

Is link related the most disappointing fight?

youtube.com/watch?v=tXTFdDrd7pA

Make way, best sabre fight in the series coming through.

>"The force is with you, young Skywalker... But you are not a Jedi yet."

fuck no, op's is, that was fucking bullshit man

how is what i said edgy.

you are a moronic block head

I don't think you quite know what that words means, lad.

>it's over Obi-Wan. I have the high ground

Darth Maul's fight was weightless and hollow as fuck. It looked okay, but in context it's meh.
I'm not a huge fan of the Obi/Vader fight, but it meant a lot more, mostly on the basis that it's a far superior movie.

an element of a culture or system of behaviour passed from one individual to another by imitation or other non-genetic means.

I love that fight bro, but pic related made me get out of my chair in the theater and say "YEAH YODA KICK HIS ASS!"

Both are pretty bad

>one is a duel
>one is a "lightsaber fight"

You answered your own question. Men duel. Children lightsaber fight.

This fight was between a wizard and a dark knight both having transcended the need to jump around. Considering Obi Wan hadn't been in a light saber fight for many years and the last time Vader saw Kenobi he got his shit fucked up, it stands to reason they would both be cautious

Buildup was so great with the dejavu wrongness from Yoda's training. Who draws the lightsaber first, who swings first.

*tips fedora*

But but but, where's the flashy moves and explosions. hurr der hrrr

It's not a good fight. It's a good scene. Star Wars is not a martial arts series and all the fights are pretty bad compared to actually good action films.

>Vader only uses 1 hand in the beginning
It's the little things.

People were duped by OT purists into a false sense of nosgtalia instead of finding their own opinions. TLDR version is Gen Xers made Gen Yers jaded and cynical.

The force awakens is probably more your speed buddy.

>ignore hundreds of hours actors put into choreography
>ignore actors that studied real techniques from legit dueling masters
you're kinda stupid

youtube.com/watch?v=rk1qghsNiok

youtube.com/watch?v=NTziNcVtY24

youtube.com/watch?v=RDExwI4ZTGA

>it doesn't go on for 20 minutes
>it makes sense for a paraplegic robot and an enfeebled veteran to have an awkward duel, especially considering neither of them have used a sword in a while
>the effects are charming
>someone we care about dies at the end
>it's not interspersed with three other concurrent scenes

Its just one of those mental things where the big fight goes wrong from the expectations they setup at the very beginning. I hope it was intentional, because it was brilliant.