ITT: Terrible Album Covers

JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yYCz06bS380
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

any metal album cover

it's not that its terrible, it's that it's so boring. it's just boring as fuck. so lazy.

this album cover is completely fine, why the fuck are so many people complaining about it?

What do you expect? Their logo for the DFA label was literally scribbled on a napkin. They make music, not artwork despite being able to have their pick from any designer on the planet. This album cover is more pretentious than anything.

>Infinite JUST

How is this pretentious? If anything, it's the opposite and that's exactly why James used it because he strives to prove he's unpretentious.

It looks like the cover of Infinite jest which would make sense I guess

Murphy is like the most Infinite jest-compatible person to walk the earth

explain how he is

I don't know man it's not meant in a bad way since I like the book, in interviews he displays a kind of humor and wittyness that I would associate with at least having some appriciation for that book

If he's not then I guess Father John Misty is the person, that man loves him some dfw

tru

lol same

>And then, suddenly I was like 26, I wasn’t doing anything. And I was like… That just seemed like a little too old to be doing nothing. And not long after David Foster Wallace put out the book, and it really just floored, it really depressed me.

youtube.com/watch?v=yYCz06bS380

This is a great cover. One of the bests

Father John Misty is the polar opposite of everything Wallace stood for

THIS

I agree but he is still kind of the archetype of the DFW-fanboy

Reality has a great AC
Hours on the otherhand

what the...

>first album in like 20 years
>this cover

damn

y tho

Fresh from Bowie's 2006 era deviantart account

It's unfortunate. LCD Soundsystem has always had very memorable covers.

it looks like an instagram ad. bland as fuck

The inspiration behind DAMN.

this board obviously hasn't fucking touched wallace's work

Butthurt faggots

*blocks your path*

I actually really like this interview. It's comforting to know that James Murphy was a goddamn failure for almost half a decade out of college.

He pretty much said Infinite Jest saved his life

If you mean *irony* you're sorely mistaken about FJM. The irony people stick to FJM is wrong, his music and outlook is much more about overcoming that surface level fear of authenticity/vulnerability.

Hell, if you look at his reasons for splitting from FF it was centered around the disdain for irony found in the band, i.e. playing plucky harmonic folk music during a time of personal turbulence.

FJM is very aligned with DFW once you look at real interviews and not just 'muh FJM irony'

I agree for the most part but there are a lot of breautiful metal album covers, like agalloch and sunn o)))'s album covers

I fucking forgot about this cover shit

Obligatory.

This is funny cover. I like it

that album cover single handedly killed her career

That one is kinda cool. Certainly not horrible.

how is this bad

WE

i dunno looks pretty cool to me

i like to imagine they're lowering him into hell

gross to look at, sure
bad? nah

it's not just the cover that's bad

wait but this is fucking awesome?

No