What's the most practical fighting style/martial art that can be utilised in day to day life i.e...

What's the most practical fighting style/martial art that can be utilised in day to day life i.e. to ward off agressors or defend yourself against muggers?

I'm not looking to become a professional, but to merely master - at an amatuer level - the basics needed to be handy/competent in a street fight.

>All opinions welcomed.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dePpR5GsCxI
youtu.be/Ildtq20FK7I
stack.com/a/real-world-martial-arts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Agressors, muggers plural... boxing. (You wouldn't wanna go to the ground with more than one person)

you might want to look inzo khrav magah (or smth i dunno)
it focuses on fast takedowns as far as i know

suited well for defending yourself and then booking it

running.
if you can outrun your opponent, nothing else matters.
unless you're a retard who doesn't know when to run
which case, just become an hero

Kali is the most practical. It teaches you to fight without stances, and with knives and makeshift weapons.

The two big rules of it are
-You should be using a weapon if possible
-Don't rely on stances.

>martial art
>running

you're a special type of potato huh

Just buy a gun if you're that concerned about your safety.

Muay thai

There's no shame in running from a fight you can't win.

Also, it's oftentimes not worth it to get yourself injured trying to fight.

Shogun Warrior, show them a gun, shoot before they get within 5 ft of you. never loose a fight again.

Pocket sand.

Nobody expects pocket sand.

Kali, muay Thai, boxing, wrestling/grappling

It's called picking up a brick and letting the whiskey guide you

Then again I'm partial to this used to have brick fights as a kid

Muay Thai, they focus a lot on stamina/cardio, kicking and punching power and technique. If you're about to be mugged then you should always run tho, not worth to try to fight them if you could be stabbed. If there's a lot of them then just give them what they ask or they'll probably beat the fuck out of you

>shitfest of basement dwellers who have never entered a gym just started

if I have to pick one I say box

Why do people think boxing is an effective self-defense? It's got a really limited moveset and it's for one-on-one. Chances are, if you're confronted by nignogs, you're going to be outnumbered.

>You wouldn't wanna go to the ground with more than one person

This. I would say kickboxing is a solid base against a lot of attackers. Also elbow strikes, these things are scary, do a lot of damage, and require almost no skill or even much force.

Also practice, a lot of it. Martial arts are mostly not worth the time, you get tought a lot of shit on ppl that stand still, but thats not how real fights work.
Brazilian jiu jitsu is good tho, especially for one on one and ground fighting. But when you are solid on your kickboxing, you wont need it.
>muggers
Just run, if you can, dont play the hero, they will outnumber you and probably be armed. Fight only to escape. Your best bet is pepperspray.

A gun and CC permit or running away fast

This made me fart
Lol, fuck you user.
Much love.

Tbh it's pretty much whichever one you want to spend time on.
A good fighter will take any sport and make it efficient in a street fight

Sparring of any kind will give you the experience you need to control your breathing and not overstress yourself.

You should study at jackie chans school of ladder fighting

But seriously look into kenjutsu. In real life there are no rules and everything is a weapon.

a gun

>first date with this chick
>solid restaurant, pretty fancy
>middle of dinner
>she drops the knife
>I just lean from chair to pick it up
>sand starts pouring out of pocket
>she stares with mouth open
>I wish someone attacked me right now

this.
if you can't put someone down without risking yourself (literally only takes one punch to cause serious injury) or risk of litigation for seriously harming someone else, your only real option is to run, or live someplace which you don't have to pretend is the jungle where roaming troops of apes will come snatch up your shit.

Worst episode of kingdom

Kajukenbo is a street fighting style

>buys a gun
>have gun stolen from his person then used to rob you with
>gun then is used to kill someone
>you're a prime suspect in a murder trial now
guns are retarded nine out of ten times.

Karate is best, it has unblockable crane kick and impenetrable wax in wax out defence.

Krav Magna

Muy Thai

It's everything good about boxing, plus practical kicks, elbows, knees and the clinch game.

For one on one BJJ, hands down.

those fucking niggers should be killed

These fucking krav maga fags come into my MMA gym every now and then. They are always shit.

There is some okay advice here.
For most practical, like the other user said, the best situation is avoiding the fight at all costs. It should always be a last resort - it doesn't make you a pussy, it's a huge fucking hassle in the aftermath even if you were completely justified and win.
Boxing is great, even just mastering a little bit of it will help.
Krav maga is probably the absolute best and most efficient, also meant to severely injure someone in most cases which relates to see above: avoiding being in that situation.
Something obvious but should still be mentioned: random fights have very little to do with anything you've seen in movies or even in professional MMA shit. 99% of fights are one dude hitting another and that's the end, or two guys whapping on each other then rolling around on the ground, headbutting and biting. Maybe even kissing.
You can have all the experience in the world and still have someone hit you in the back of the head with a tire iron, or worse, have a weapon like a gun.
Fighting is for faggots, but you have the right idea in learning how to defend yourself in general. Don't let it fool yourself into thinking it's a good idea still.

Probably biased because I teach it but Ju Jitsu is really great for self defence.

if you are outnumbered all martial arts kinda fail, with box you can hope it will be one hit one nignog down but imho it is still better to be good runner in such situation
otherwise, when 1on1 box is great beacuse it doesn't require that much space, when you are inside you often cannot just kick or go on ground with him

As someone who is an ex basement dweller I can confirm that Muay thai is practical and effective and has saved my ass plenty of times when running wasn't an option. I also took the time to learn regular boxing but would heavily suggest Muay thai

Krav Maga is a fantastic martial art but the problem is most places that teach it outside of Isreal are really shit.

hes fucking right.
these days you want to avoid fights as you are not a sand nigger or nigger.

the sand niggers always walk in smaller groups but they are part of a whole.
they will spread out in a groups spanning 100 meters.
ones you run in to one of tose packs at night, go the other direction and run.

nigs, if there are nigs standing around they will jump in if you are white just because you are white

i did som mma, but then watching fights they always gass and get fucked up because they lose mobility.
then i thought who am i fighting if i get in a fight. packs of nigs or packs of shitskins. numbering 10 to 20.
im not gone do shit to that no matter how beef you are or how good one of them will kick you in the spine and you will go down.

pay attention be aware of your surroundings at all times, check behind before you are going around a corner to make sure no one is following you.
dont wear headphones a nig will clock you in the back of the head and mug you

The most practical style of winning a fight is earning enough money so you can get other people to do these sorts of things for you.

Fighting is for the underclasses.

holy shit this.
also, if there is a group and you attack and hurt one of them, chances are good that they will actually beat you to death and not stop that easy

Krav Maga.

you see that faggots shirt rise up?
if he had a gun it would've been stolen in a heartbeat.

why does karate stance look like coffee table? only to be super ineffective?

running is correct answer, because in real life situation you will probably be jumped by a pack of guys and no one is going to come up and start fighting you 1on1 like in the movies or in the ring, there is absolutely nothing you can do once 3-4 guys jump on you at the same time

Still outclassed by Muay Thai due to the damage inflicted, and the effort needed. If you're going to learn a boxing sport, you need to know some throw techniques. Chances are, you'll have a better chance of getting away or finishing him off if you throw an opponent to the ground.

try this
youtube.com/watch?v=dePpR5GsCxI

Boxing is a sport. Don't rely on it for self defence.

You're probably joking, but I could watch that ko all day

ruh na wei
gun fu
western boxing/some grappling/basic below the waist kicks

>She stares with mouth open
>Quickly throw a fistfull of sand into her gaping mouth
>Book it while she's choking on the floor

sounds legit, I just shill for box everytime :^)

Taekwondo

It helped NorKo fend off the Muricans

I'll foot tag you to death

he is just a dumb ass even his gf looks around as she hears the nigs approach

Ive had a combination of ai kedo (not prissy yoga studio "direct your opponent's energy aikedo. Real aikedo includes about 40% " go for immediate kill or fracture of dislocation")

And a little fencing, judo, and some NZDF hand to hand training.

Never been successfully robbed or beaten up randomly.

more like taekwon'tdo

Jui jitsu faggots, nothing like grappling and choking out a motherfucker

I'd say go for a mix, but experience in actual fights is your best friend.

oh that's fucked

Problem with Muay Thai is it's too well known. Mediocre Muay Thai gyms are a dime a dozen, even though it's very good when taught properly.

For the street, is better to know how to throw and defend a basic punch effectively than anything else, since like you said, many things can go wrong. Better to stick with the basics, and run whenever is possible.

Because you spend all days in your room watching anime I guess

This shit is retarded. I could easy evade an extended leg kick and break it.

Running. Not kidding.

It's great when combined with something else to boost your kicks. On its own, no.

say what you want but it's fun

Says the boxing fag.

Sorry, this post was for this user.

Aikido has an unfairly bad rep.

I did my four years in the NZDF and am currently a welder.
I do like anime though.
Shit's cash.

No, moron. I specifically advised against boxing.

Agreed. I was taught by this lovely old British guy. He's about 80 but he can still throw me halfway across the dojo. And I'm 6 foot 2, and 100kg.

krav maga, it's the jewish art of kicking your opponent in the balls

No, you advised against Muay Thai, which is different than American Boxing.

Kill yourself.

A lot of shit krav maga teaches isn't allowed in mma...eye gouges, biting, groin shots, etc.

This is so true. It takes a lot of time and dedication to learn a martial art, even at a simple competence level. You're better off either learning to run.

PS. This is coming from someone with nearly a decade of various martial arts training. I'd still talk first, run second and fight last.

No, I didn't. You're geting your wires crossed because fucking moot got rid of IDs.

youtu.be/Ildtq20FK7I
They are in progress to replace the y chromosome.

The male nuclear y chromosome only mutates 0,3 % per generation.
This is why we used to have male upon son inheritance to ensure the bloodline and genetic identity.

Most countries in the world still know this but the west forgot and is quickly losing their genetic identity because men dont have male offspring any more.

The thing about the European genes ,Europeans have more population groups (family trees) and much shorter/younger family trees then the African and arab genetics.
These genes are inbred, this causes those to be more dominate.

The media is using the term genetic diversity for a old population group who lived in isolation for a long time. This is where the misconception of African Negroids being more genetic diverse comes from aswell (the African family trees(main ethnic African groups) are bigger and have longer branches but the rest of the world Asians and Europeans have more family trees

Because of this long isolation these genetic groups(trees) gained genetic dominant genes true interbreeding and strengthening genetics by keeping a selecting the same set of genetics over and over again generation after generation

All other so called junk DNA, that causes the unique mutations needed for evolution and diversity decay with every copy reducing mutations within the population group

This is the cause of recession of the European genetics AKA genocide.

Tl;dr european genes are recessive, they will regress when bred with dominate arab or african genetics causing the disappearance of them.

You need less then 5% to cause this genetic shift, most european countries have 10% of their demographics being african/arab. most only have around 70% to 90% of their native population left.

Hey, one of the top ten welter weights in the UFC right now, and I'd recommend Vale Tudo. It's a combination of striking and Jiu Jitsu. Even just jiu jitsu on top of knowing how to throw a couple legitimate punches and kicks would be fine

Most practical means of winning an amateur fight?

Let them hit you first no matter what and make sure other people are around to see.

Once the first fist has been thrown, doesn't matter if you get hit or you dodge it, dishevel their balance so they fall to the ground.

Beat the shit out of them since you have the advantage.

>they fall to the ground.
>Beat the shit out of them
you go to jail

I always liked the look of that but there's just no classes local to me which is so annoying.

>Used to have brick fights as a kid

N-Nani?

Boxing or learn basic self defense techniques. There is no honor in a street fight so learn how to like, gouge, rake, and bite. Learn the pain points on the body. Your goal is to stop the attack and run away. I say boxing is it teaches you how to block and hit. Plus boxing gyms do a lot of sparing which will help with stamina and reaction time. A lot of martial arts gyms don't focus on sparring.

Concealed or Open Carry, Handgun--assuming you live in America and in a state that allows it.

Arguments for:
>Easy to train.
>Fast to learn.
>Visible deterrent for OC, unseen final solution for CC.

Arguments against:
>~$300+ buy-in. Expensive if you're a poorfag.
>You take responsibility for your life and that of your attacker. If you point a gun at something, you intend to kill it--period. That is Rule One. If you have to draw, some idiot leftists are always going to argue 'well why not shoot hims in da leg?!'
>Some states are no-fun communist zones. Looking at you, California and NY.

Personal arguments for:
>Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6.
>A bullet is stronger and faster than any punch. Tyrone, Hulked out on meth, crack, or whatever, may not go down to your Hong Kong Phooey but sure as fuck he's going down if you execute the Djibouti Shooty/Mozambique Drill/Failure Drill/Failure To Stop Drill with three love-taps of .45 JHP.
>Being buff and strong is great. It's not going to help you against a pack of feral niggers. A gun will.

inb4 'hur dur small benis.'

this is not science

Yeah, that's not advising against Muay Thai. That's advising not to buy into bullshit gyms. lrn2comprehension

>be austrailian
>kick faggot invaders asses when they get roudy
why can't i be bornt in the land ov awesome?
i jsut wanna box sum roos and call people cunts

I would say stick to boxing and wrestling. Any style can be used if you work like a motherfucker in technique and also prove yourself in combat (sparring is a must if you are looking for self defense). Just want to tell you something before you even try anything: there is no style that can compete to a gun. And then you buy a gun but oops, some nigger stabs you from behind, some cracker shoots you in a store, and its over. What Im trying to say is that, it doesnt matter what you do, you will never have the victory garanteed in the streets. Its ok to have something to defend yourself, but never get cocky. The best you can do is to be smart, and avoid trouble at all cost.

Hi OP,

I'll tell you straight--- really, any martial art with an emphasis on Sparring will help you. None of them are perfect, but then again nothing is.

Take your pick, really-- from karate to boxing; krav maga to certain forms of kung Fu; MMA to BJJ; Muay Thai/Boran to Savat.

The ones you should avoid are the ones focused more on "form", " flashiness", or "internal medicine".

Don't get me wrong--- American karate/Extreme Performance or Capoeira or Tai Chi are great exercise and even have se useful moves for combat, but they aren't really focused on that.

I'm speaking from over a decade of experience as a 4rth degree in Kyokushin, a 2nd in Shotokai and a Sifu in Baguazhang.

Nothing will absolutely make you unstoppable. Saying otherwise is fucking foolish and unrealistic. Just get yourself into something that will show you that you're not made of glass and that your survival, at whatever cost, is paramount.

This or krav maga or systema

Grappling, Slugger Boxing, Muay Thai or Wing Chun - all of which focus on stamina and disabling your attacker

So what? That's a very effective method of stopping someone.

Better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6..
Now I know you're an out of touch moron

I study at CCW.

stack.com/a/real-world-martial-arts

that's a good saying