youtube.com/watch?v=oB9QxMTx1Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=1VBGppO43Ao
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjLZ64eDzx4
youtube.com/watch?v=3tWvneQTgRU
youtube.com/watch?v=g0CwJaC0eik
youtube.com/watch?v=70CW-0APubw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So...Fred Durst. Not awful?

limp bizkit is actually pretty fun to listen to. it's not like, seriously good music in any way, but wes borland has some good riffs, the rhythm section is solid, and it's enjoyable to hear durst yelling about packing a motherfucking chainsaw on top of all that

Deftones is the only acceptable band to listen to.

I unironically love Nookie

that's kinda what makes them the most boring of the big nu-metal bands

that's a bad opinion, dawg. Plus, only their first 2-3 albums are "nu-metal".

the instrumental of the verse is actually great

yeah and the rest are "alt-metal" which is almost inherently riffless garbage

if you started to dislike the atrocities of limp bizkit starting with hot-dog starfish, then just listen the fourth record.

>Ben Stiller, you my favorite motherfucker

I can't believe Durst was ever serious, he had to be being ironic

It's a weird place to arrive at when you realize that every aesthetic is fine. It's one thing when you're living through a time as a young person when that sound accompanies a really lame culture, but as that recedes you can start to just experience it as another interesting layer of weird sensory shit. I'd made peace with nu-metal aesthetics some time back.

Being able to really push with 'bad' aesthetics with awesome results is kind of the next level tbqh. Sup Forums shitposting is actually an example of making something kind of invigorating and exciting out of a lot of very 'shitty' sources. Not that formerly-seeming shitty sources are the only thing in the mix, but you really have to evolve past obviously cool taste if you have it in you to know the next level.

Without a doubt the instrumental is fantastic

>I HOPE YOU KNOW I PACK A CHAINSAW
>WHAT?
>A MUTHA FUCKIN CHAINSAW
>WHAT?

I remember getting really baked and getting really into "my generation".

Like drooling and playing it on repeat.

Great tunes...when you're high.

None of their music is to be taken seriously except The Unquestionable Truth pt.1 and some songs off Three Dollar Bill Y'all.

I kinda want to get your point but I really don't.

>acceptable

Hahaha, excellent reference, user. Forgot about that.

>None of their music is to be taken seriously except The Unquestionable Truth pt.1
because it's so bad it's not even funny?

Unironically the best cover ever made.

not even the best cover by limp bizkit
youtube.com/watch?v=l-EdCNjumvI

>people writing "rip george michael" in the comments unironically

didn't think i was going to be dissapointed this early in the day

youtube.com/watch?v=A-a6kXIYe48

This is pretty nice.

What more is worth checking out in the genre? I like Limp Bizkit, Rage Against the Machine, a little bit of System of a Down and Kittie, but don't really like Papa Roach or Drowning Pool, nor Linkin Park past their first 1999 EP.

>Deftones

Slipknot Self-Titled, and Iowa
Deftones

There's a song off of significant other called "show me what you got". Just try not to laugh. The whole first verse is just shouting out 26 different cities. Second verse is shouting out a a bunch of other artists.
>Slim shady, the crazy ass cracka
>Staind, a brand new drug for ya vein

>Slipknot
Without question, they putted Nu-Metal to an end.

First of all because they themselves don't take it too seriously.

Everyone in this thread is overlooking KoRn... brah korn's 4 first albums (self-titled, Life is Peachy, Follow the Leader and Issues) are really good and I hold that opinion proudly.

Meh they're one of the bands like Slipknot and Linkin Park whose albums I just can't sit through entirely. Just lacks the permanent energetic grip that Limp Bizkit has or the riffage from RATM.

Issues is the best album but no one agrees with me.

Have you even tried Korn's self-titled? It's got all there is in RATM and LB.

Yeah I make a point to start with the first releases when it comes to 90s bands.

I own the first 4 albums + Take a look in the mirror. I revisited them a couple months ago, and the first album is the only good one. Take a look in the mirror I thought was the second best. But a distant second. The other albums have their moments here and there, but the 1st one is the only album truly worth a damn IMO

I'm pretty sure it was irony

>music
>fun

no

if you give deftones a chance, I wouldnt start with their first album, personally. I think they hit their peak around the 3rd album, White pony. Self titled, Saturday night wrist, and, koi no yokan are also recommended

Korns first album? Also Stainds first but that's sorts like post grunge.

>Stainds first but that's sorts like post grunge
"nu metal" is pretty much alt rock with down tuned guitars and some hip hop sometimes anyway. Staind just happen to sound more like an edgier Creed at times.

Around the Fur is great imo but you're right. Starting with White Pony and going from there is how I got into them.

baby bizkits coming through

youtube.com/watch?v=monN9Ok0El8

youtube.com/watch?v=a6FyvK4DO6U

>Have long since abandoned most of the nu-metal bands I used to listen to in middle/high school
>Still heartily enjoy System of a Down

Please tell me that someone knows this feel.

youtu.be/bkHRmze-Pvs?t=73

>putted

>I HATE GEORGE BUUUUUSH

>CRUEL REGULATORS SMOKING CIGARO xDDDDDD

limp bizkit has more nuance and depth than SOAD and that's fucking hilarious, SOAD is like taking the front page of r/latestagecapitalism and giving them a few guitars

>no mention of the best album to be spawned from this shitpile of a genre

typical.

LB's first two albums are ok, chocolate starfish is bad but it's the kind of bad that's funny and its got some groove here and there

korns first four or five albums have some good stuff, got the life is on the level of something from Can, sepultra's roots album I hear is also one of the better albums from nu metal but I have not listened to it

>its not like seriously good music

-tips nu-male fedora-

i only listen to SERIOUSLY good music. kanye West, kendrick lamar, mf doom, death grips, the list goes on...

System of a Down too.

also, Boiler is a fucking great song by Limp Bizkit

Are people in this thread just going to pretend Disturbed's first two albums arent nu-metal classics?

Meteora was the final great nu-metal album and after that, nu metal began to go away.

Linkin Park took 4 fucking years to release a shitty followup, LP got rid of best part (Wes Borland) and released a shitty album not close enough to capitalize off and boom it was over

whoops, looks like you posted the wrong album there. here, fixed that up for you

this

I just realized how much I still like LB after all these years

Ten Thousand Fists and The Sickness are indeed classics.

Untouchables motherfucker.
It's the most evil album, even more than Burzum, Mayhem, Marduk together

Is Filter Nu-metal? Cause they are pretty good and the singer has the best name.

They are industrial crap

this is a pretty worthless post, i don't know why you felt it necessary to post this honestly. just letting you know

the man was convicted of making love to a toddler

i feel the same way, but also with deftones and rage against the machine

you high dude ?

Korn >>> the rest

Why does everybody says that chocolate starfish sucks ?
The only shitty tracks are Getcha Groove On, Rollin' (Urban Assault Vehicle) and intro/outro.

We are in the middle of a small nu metal revival and some of it ain't half bad
youtube.com/watch?v=WWxwrTX3_nk
youtube.com/watch?v=oB9QxMTx1Bs
youtube.com/watch?v=1VBGppO43Ao

>posts Quarashi
>Not Payback

Also Lostprophets' debut is in the top 5 for nu metal albums.

The only good bands to come out of this are OM&M and Islander and Rise Of The Northstar.

listened to korn yesterday, wasn't too bad. static-x also.

Lmao untouchables. Garbage. You should feel bad for liking such poopoo

meant for >

terrible post

t.patrician

my favorite limp bizkit album:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mjLZ64eDzx4

>Of Mice & Men
>good
>ever

Rise of the Northstar is FUN though

>SOAD is like taking the front page of r/latestagecapitalism and giving them a few guitars

I laughed irl. Well put.

The irony of it all was that SOAD was the result of someone in the industry looking at RATM and the fat stacks of cash they were making, and deciding that there was room for a shitty knock-off to make some cash too.

literally the radiohead of nu metal

Yeah SOAD has pretty ridiculous lyrics. Chop Suey actually sounds like it was generated by an algorithm or something. Still a fun band though, especially their debut.

Issues is a really good album without the short instrumentals things.

wake up will always rock hard af

The first two Mudvayne albums.

The only way I can actually enjoy rapping vocals is with rock music in the back.

The first two records are ok, after that dont bother
Take a picture is a great song though

John Otto > Sam Rivers > DJ Lethal > Wes = Durst imo

youtube.com/watch?v=3tWvneQTgRU

how did I completely miss george michael dying?

pretending every deftones track/album isn't the same as the one before. nice try.

They are but I feel like everything that comes after sort of invalidates it

isnt that the same for linker park too

i'm picking up what ur putting down my man

>who's. in. the house. Limp Bizkit. is in the house.

Boiler, Hold On, My Way, Generation, Hot Dog are all fun as hell.

No. Just no.

>static-x also.

The lyrics are pretty emo but I always liked this one. Also wasn't the guitar player a toddler lover too?
youtube.com/watch?v=g0CwJaC0eik

>produced by Rick Rubin

Their first album (self-titled) is really dark and isn't commercially oriented at all. I doubt SOAD was a cash grab at all.

To me this is what makes Issues really great:
youtube.com/watch?v=70CW-0APubw

Weird opinion. That video is so nineties it's unreal.

So the best band of nu metal