Are these the best female artists in the world right now?

Are these the best female artists in the world right now?

Other urls found in this thread:

usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/accents-alt-codes.php
youtube.com/watch?v=yIQjLrffIq0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ï wänt tö stïck mÿ dïck ïn Björk.

>we live in a world where Joanna Newsom exists, yet fags listen to memepop goblin greasy ratmole musician

>artists

>Julia Holter
>Julianna Barwick
>Liz Harris

And these are all just very well known female artists that all blow Grimes away entirely.

Replace Grimes with Victoria Legrand.

1. Kate
2. Bjork
3. PJ Harvey
4. Newsom
27738399201. Grimes

No.

I love you, user.

arr rook same

hell no

>butthurt lisa simpson voiced fanboy
They're all mediocre artists who make bland, unemotional music. That's music for spoiled rich folks.
No way.
You're trying too hard.

What ever happened to Kimbra? She was my music waifu for a while.

Grimes is a Joanna Newsom approved artist:
>I loved the latest Bjork album, I'm excited about the idea of Grimes. I haven't wrapped my head around the record. I find her so compelling and so unlike anybody else and so incredibly talented, skilled, and fun. I love her. I met her in LA a few months ago, she told me something along the lines of, "I grew up listening to your music". I will say, it made me feel really old for about five minutes, then it made me feel really happy. I was like well, I guess I'm old now, but that's okay because this awesome and amazing young musician likes my music and said that it was special to her when she was younger, so that's great.

>I started to think of it as waveforms. The violin is not an uglier sound than the flute, it’s just a jagged waveform instead of a smooth waveform. There are certain things that, musically, I prefer over others: I like music that is in tune, I prefer when singers are in tune, I prefer when I’m in tune. In terms of people today, as I said, I’m a little out of the loop, but I have noticed I’m really excited by the way that Grimes frames herself, and seems utterly disinterested in her own beauty, which is really exciting to me. Sometimes it’s useful for an idea, and then other times it’s not useful for an idea, and she seems unaffected either way. I like her music as well, and I like what she says.

>I’m super excited that Grimes is getting so much attention for her amazing production too because she’s super, super talented. And she does everything! She produces completely on her own.

Where is your god now?

No god

>Calls others a fanboy
God I hope this is ironic.

She also married a shit tier Jewish comedian. No one claims Joanna has good taste.

Your taste is bad, beyond bad actually, and you should feel bad. You're worshipping mediocrity, and grimesposting is approaching cult-like levels of stupidity. At this point I'd rather talk to a Scientologist about their religion than a Grimesfag about music.

You're also ruining this board for everyone else.

Silly excuse. Her music taste is one thing, her taste in men is another thing. Don't mix them. Why don't you just admit that she's right about Grimes? Stop pretending being a contrarian for a moment.

Why are you posting ITT, dipshit? You know very well that her fans defend her but you insist being btfo.
>Your taste is bad, beyond bad actually
Coming from a clueless pleb like you, it means shit.
>At this point I'd rather talk to a Scientologist about their religion than a Grimesfag about music.
Actually do it. Talk to a Scientologist and let the music discussion to people who want to discuss music. Nobody needs whiny pricks like you who always complain about anything. Do you even filter?
>You're also ruining this board for everyone else.
I "ruin" the board for pricks like you who insist posting in threads you dislike. Just leave.

Gah I cant get over how cute and feminine grimes' pose is how do they do it?

Ï wänt tö stïck mÿ tongïe ïn Björk.

What about Pvris? Recently found this artist Aurora and she is really good also.

desu

Ÿöü förgöt ÿöür ümläüt.

80s Grimes
90s Grimes
Just Grimes

>calls other people a contrarian
>claims that Grimes is better than Joanna Newsom
like pottery. Also, just because Joanna likes her doesn't make her right

I c/p'd. How do you type your own?

usefulshortcuts.com/alt-codes/accents-alt-codes.php
Make sure your numpad is on.
ö = Alt+0246

This
>claims that Grimes is better than Joanna Newsom
That's true. Deal with it.

Then why are you namecalling people as contrarians when you're a contrarian? Seems hypocritical, doesn't it?

women have never made good music so this thread is pointless

Why did Grimes acquire her mass of overly loyal, obsessive fans after she put out her worst album of boring pop garbage?

Contrarians who need a musical waifu but are too hipster for Bjork.

I'm not a contrarian, I'm just telling the truth. You're a contrarian for believing that a shitty singer like Joanna who makes bland retro pretentious as fuck music and worse than prog rock is superior to an innovative musician in charge of everything in her music, including production.

>boring pop garbage
Her album is anything than boring pop garbage. Clean your ears and hear the great melodies, turbopleb.

>The golden mean, the truth, is no longer recognized or valued. To win applause one must write stuff so simple that a coachman might sing it, or so incomprehensible that it pleases simply because no sensible man can comprehend it.
-- Mozart

Grimes is doing that golden mean: experimental pop.

You clearly don't know what a contrarian is. I don't even think that there's anything wrong with being a contrarian, but there is something wrong with being a hypocrite.

Also, how is Grimes innovative?

No.

>have one on me brought me to tears
>find out this angel is married to a meme jewish comedian

just fuck my shit up

not him but what other music do you like besides Grimes?

I don't really like her stuff besides Visions so I want to know what people who like her other stuff listen to and look for in music

same desu

>liz
>mediocre
>bland
>unemotional music
>worse than bjork
gas yourself plebian fuck.

>not him but what other music do you like besides Grimes?
Arvo Part, Genesis, Miles Davis, Delia Derbyshire, Richie Hawtin, Curve, Hawkwind, Ozric Tentacles, The Knife, Stereolab, The Future Sound of London, most Warp artists, Supertramp, Godflesh, ABBA, Kraftwerk, Cocteau Twins, Dead Can Dance, Bauhaus, Echo & The Bunnymen, Jesus and Mary Chain, Lush, Aretha Franklin, Pixies, The Ronettes, Chic, Daft Punk, Can, Art of Noise, Phillip Glass, Klaus Schulze, Suzanne Vega, Kate Bush, Scott Walker, David Bowie, Carly Rae Jepsen, Frank Sinatra, U2, Iron Maiden, Opeth, Crystal Castles, iamamiwhoami, Depeche Mode, Purity Ring, Vangelis, Bjork, Public Enemy, Nas, Run-DMC, Eminem.

She dialed back the experimental aspect so much, and now it's boring.

...And the list could go on.

Sup Forums: the taste

That much talent in one picture. Wow!!

Laura Marling. Hands down.

youtube.com/watch?v=yIQjLrffIq0

ITT: kids who have never heard of Joni Mitchell.
Ffs.

Great voice, but she's channeling Dave Gilmour a little heavily on those guitar bits, no?
Still, based on that I will research this woman further and possibly make a purchase. Who knew?

It's a hobby

>best female artists in the world

maybe most overrated /mu memes?

where is choa you forgot choa

Scaruffi would say Joanna Newsom...

Remove grimes and then you've got the top two, Grimes is nowhere near top 10 female artists

Bump though

>>claims that Grimes is better than Joanna Newsom
how is that a contrarian opinion?

*"yoshi" sound bite*

seems sistas aren't artists

Calm down fella. Grimes is great but overdone on this board. Just ignore the grimetalkin'

Whatever. I bet that you don't know half of these artists.

Her music still has experimental elements. She dialed back the experimental aspect because she got tired of it and she wanted to perform more direct songs.

>Remove grimes
No way in hell.
>Grimes is nowhere near top 10 female artists
She is. More exactly she's no. 1.