So Sup Forums ,y son turned 18 a few days ago. I gave him $5,000 and told him he has 30 days to leave

So Sup Forums ,y son turned 18 a few days ago. I gave him $5,000 and told him he has 30 days to leave.
My wife thinks I was too harsh.
Was I?

No

>743528098
yes you were, give him 5000 more

5k is enough to get a running start.
He can take all his stuff as well.
TV / Bed / Clothes ? Games

I dont think so, uni cost more than that. His chances of having a good life quick have decreased greatly, faggot.

Is he going to college? Doing anything productive? My parents are cool with me staying with them since I'm in college, working two jobs and paying them for rent. If they had kicked me out I probably wouldn't be in school, just working the two jobs more to be able to fully pay rent alone on a shitty little apartment.

Consider if it will effectively end his chances of going to college and bettering his life, or if you're just wanting to seem like a man of the household by kicking him out. You can also demand he pay you to live with him while working or schooling.

Nope. Should write a will and give him everything and kys

He can get student loans. State uni here is cheap. Either way he told me he is not going to uni since he is tired of school.
He intends to ne NEET with me footing his bills.

if he has life skills no if he doesn't yes

Nope told him if he either went to school ot worked he could stay. He said he needs a year off to relax.

Why did u have a kid if ur not gunna fucking provide ur entire life for him? I'm not saying baby him but fuckin A dude do u want ur kid to suck at life because he was forced to make hard decisions while he was a dumb ass teen? I hope u live in bum fuck Kansas where rent is 300 a month and not California where rent is 1500 for a room.

He's a dumb faggot then. If he wants to "take a year off" he can fund it himself. You made the right choice, hopefully he'll realize the world doesn't hand out breaks.

My year off to relax was a job. You're not being harsh, the little cunt can try to survive on his own. If he doesn't want to go to college or work then that's the result. That's an important detail to list, cause that was the one scenario my parents made evident to me would not happen. I went to school and worked, or I live on the streets.

Rent her is about 300 for a one room place.
He had a choice work or study,

No, but advise him on steps to take

Well that changes things up. If my parents kicked me out at 18 I would have died on the streets. Rent here is expensive. Also if u gave him a choice and he chooses to bum out then that's his choice to make. But are u ok with watching ur son fail at life?

You made a good decision, stand firm by it. Ingrain this in your wife and his mind. He needs a sense of responsibility not relaxation. Tell him he can pay a bill to stay, but he isn't staying free. Tell your wife it's so he can be responsible and grow up. Appeal to her sense of motherhood that without you guys he's shit out of luck to do anything. Let him take a year from college but make him work in the meantime. The job I worked for a year was the worst work but made me realize I don't want that the rest of my life, that college would be a sure path to success. You're a good man to want him to work or learn, you just have to not seem like a dick about it. 5k is generous though my parents just offered the boot.

His choice. Why would I want to see him hee playing PS4 all day. While his mom and I work and take care of the household chores.

If he gets back on track he is always welcome home.

His son will last a few months and probably come crawling back begging to let him stay rent free for college. If he doesn't like you said, it's his choice to make. It seems he doesn't have a sense of responsibility and just needs that kick in the head of reality. For me that was at sophomore year of highschool when I failed a math and had to retake it.

Give him an extra 20k

My dad said it's uni or back to homeland.

I think he expects me to pay him back or some shit kek.

kek

5k I figure helps him for at least 6 months
$100 food stamps should cover at least half the groceries.
$300 for a crappy apartment
I will probably keep paying his cell phone since it is a family plan
$150 for electricity and internet

Roughly 600 a month
Easily has a 6 month head start.

How many back-seat handies will he have to give to afford that rent?

Well done tough guy.

He will leave her with 5k

I hope he never talks to you again and becomes successful because of your great parenting

maybe talk him out of it'and make him get off his lazy ass? I feel like he'll just blow your 5k and come crawling back since he doesnt even want to work.

>$5,000
>harsh

fucking kek

I just hope he never talks to you again and sucks your dick when you are an old faggot in a public bathroom.

same tbh

Wow user you really showed him, now he won't go to college, get a med degree, and get a high paying job. Hope it was worth destroying your relationship and potentially his future you fucking beta!

Are you fucking kidding me?? $5000??? I wish MY parents gave me $5000 when they kicked me out!!! Kill yourself, OK. Give ME $5000!