Ask a abandoned mine explorer anything

Ask a abandoned mine explorer anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2FybAwOrEM8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When did you first realize that you were abandoned?

a long time ago.

Whats the Scariest mine you've ever explored

bat

Cougar mountain?

honestly this one. The Donohoe mine. It was in really bad shape, and air quality was really bad.

What?

I live In PA up near the mountains I've seen a couple of old coal mines and have always had an interest in starting to explore for fun. Any advice for a newb

>advice

It's not a solo sport.

Yes, stay out of coal mines with out an o2 detector. I have only explored gold, copper. silver, and lead mines.

Very good point!

I never go in a mine by myself.

>small collapse.

>gobbing. stacked waste rock they didn't have to haul out.

Hear any ghosts?

no. Ive heard stories, but have never seen or heard anything unusual in a mine.

>timbers in areas that are unstable.

How deep do you go?
Ever turn the lights off and sit in the darkness for a while?

Hey, where'd you get this picture of my girlfriend's pussy?

I'm not sure the deepest. Maybe 600-800 feet.
yes. And I can also say i never want to walk around a mine without back up lights.

damn there so much lead,
i hope you wear a mask,because lead dust do not give a second chance.

scariest experience?

How can you tell if a mine is (relatively) safe to explore?

Any mines you want to go to but haven't yet? Like, a dream mine

more worried about silica.

I'm a PADI certified Scuba Diver and I've done exploration in flooded mines. No creepy encounters, just a very eerie feeling. Sometimes a feeling of dread.

Is it as dangerous as they say?

>chekt'd't

Ever find a body?
Morbid I know but honestly interested. I've heard stores before.

yeah, this.

Post some of the cool items you found.

who abandoned you?

How do you find them?
What would you consider to be the basics in equipment?
Any interesting finds?

Check'ed, Satan-user.

Yes, it's extremely dangerous. Probably one of the most dangerous hobbies you can do, because anything can happen. Tanks and gages can malfunction, you can get disoriented and lost, drown. Cave-ins occur in older shafts.

I wouldn't go into a cave or a flooded mine-shaft without at least 3 other people as experienced as me. It takes one asshole to knock up the mud and sand to make visibility zero, even on accident.
Yes. Not in caves, but I can provide you with a YouTube video of me finding a body a few years ago. No real way to prove it because you can't see my face, but I am a Search and Rescue Diver, and used to work with the local Fire Department to help rescue people and retrieve bodies after Hurricanes and during accidents.

This is me in Malta, North Africa. I worked with a resort and this was the body of a tourist who we believe got swept away in a current and drowned. I am the diver you see at 0:23, on the left. There are additional divers in the background.

youtube.com/watch?v=2FybAwOrEM8

lurking

Good pic OP.

I have been in several mines in California behind Calico. Multiple levels, curved drifts, shafts that I could not see the bottom of.

Turn off the lights and you will understand what darkness is. And silence.

no,

I really enjoy snorkeling in rivers and metal detecting in the forest.

The reason is, although it is an incredibly small chance, I feel I could find something neat at any given time.

Ever find neat stuff in these caves? I'm talking more about old deposits of gold or gems, maybe an old shoebox full of trinkets, an old gun, etc?

Have YOU ever found anything?

are you an abandoned mine explorer?

Not really, but i do it to see the history. Amazing what these guys did over 100 years ago.

hehe, I suppose I had my answer all along!

yup

Do you have a gas detector or air quality monitor? If so, what kind and how much?

Look them up, they arnt exactly cheap

Video of some of my friends in this mine. It's closed off now. One time we were exploring for about an hour or two and then came across another group of people. Very hard to breathe after a certain point. My one friend pulled some dumbshit move too and ripped a huge concretion out of the ceiling causing some rocks to fall and hit him in the head, got the fuck out right after that.

You tried.

I know, I've been looking into them, but I figure whatever the cost is, it might be worth it if you are actually doing this sort of thing regularly.

I agree with you. I can't tell you the best one. I do know going into mines with air flow always makes me feel safer.

No see I am not doing this shit.

If I have to bend my head that's a NOPE.

That sign is spooky as fuck. Nice satan trips btw.