>Job

M.S. Engineering
$0
Truck Driver

>24
>Associate's degree
>$0.00 debt and hold significant number of assets
>Custodian

How did you manage that? I got a couple years on you but zero debt, 120K a year, and a bachelor of arts degree. Are you a felon or what?

PhD
Cryptography and net sec

>>BA Accounting
>>Audit making 75k

not really a waste, maybe don't fucking go for psychology

>not getting a job in engineering

you're a fucking liar or anitsocial

>36
>College
>0.00
>IT

IT pays well if you can prove you're better than cheap offshore labor.

Tuition assistance from the Navy to get my Bachelors.

GI Bill to get both a MS and MBA.

Zero debt.

$100k annually.

Feels good man.

Some College
~$2,000 (Been paying off my two years of college rather halfheartedly)
Warehouse Manager
$88k a year plus bonuses

>Started at $15/hr part-time
>Dropped out to take full-time position
>Old warehouse manager passed away
>mfw I'm 25 and the only one working in the warehouse that can speak good and proper english so they hire me to take the position
>Started that job at 40k a year at age 20
>Now I call trailers, watch youtube, and play pool on my lunch breaks for over 100k a year

College is a scam made to trick the ill-prepared, both parents and students, into debt that cannot just be wiped away...unless you fake your death like that one guy

This is partly true. I got hired because of my working experience in the military, the degree was just an added bonus that put me over the top in regards to the other applicants.

Only a cunt would use an eldredge knot

>you need to be smart enough to get and hold a job
>being smart enough to get to pay to go to college doesn't prove anything
/thread

Not going to college
Currently freelancing as an Embedded Software Engineer but I do pretty much anything 3D Animation or IT-related

>be me
>23
>own my house in most expensive real estate market
>own my business
>sell products to Google, Facebook, LinkedIn
>on track to be a millionaire by the end of the year
>not a single dollar I have made in my life was a result of my useless college degree

college was a waste of time

College was indeed a huge waste. But my god, liberal arts chicks are so easy. It's not even funny.

>26
>Uni Grad (Film/English)
>No debt (thanks dead grandpa and the state of NY)
>Line cook of 11 years. But trying to find a niche in this oversaturated market re:film/video.

College is seriously just a daycare where they let you figure out if you can listen and regurgitate trivial shit articulately. It helps with interviews though if you can suffer through...

>23
>MS (In progress)
>0$
>Graduate Assistant

You seem like you've been surounded by semen for awhile

I am convinced nobody can truly break into the film industry, you have to have prior connections or be hand-picked by the illuminati. I know a lot of people trying to do film.....none of them have shit to show for it.

still in community college for electrical associates
parents paying for it, if i make good money i will probably pay them back.
im hoping that my good gpa (it is over 3.9 right now, but will probably shrink a little) will help me get a career started

the only real way for randos to get in is to be a genuinely funny person who can network well. get onto daytime television and if you get fans you can do movies. do some movies and you can start making them.

> you have to have prior connections or be hand-picked by the illuminati

I know it's kinda tinfoilfag of me to say, but so much this. The kids I know from school that are actually making moves and working in the industry are either kids/related to old money in hollywood or literally interned for the full 4 years at school (I was busy working the line, cause I needed to pay for housing and other shit and couldn't). It's fucking impossible if you don't have either a lot of time or will patiently sit on a mile of cock to get there.

And this may be personal bias, but if you're a jew, you def have a leg up.

Not sure if the same poster, but not ALWAYS true, although this is one route. One dude I know got lucky and settled for an editing job that was for a major network's subcontractor and just was in the right place at the right time (mad jelly cause He got to film the puppy bowl a few years back). Another chick I know decided to cozy up to an actor who was already established and sorta weaseled her way into a few doors with him (she is not doing as well though. Haven't seen her IMDB lately, but last I checked she did makeup for some Sci-Fi channel movie).

It's sad but it really is all about who you know. Luckily, I get paid enough to have a few projects in the works I can complete for no budget and maybe will be decent enough to get onto a local indie fest. But who fuckin knows. It's such a shit industry.

>32
>high school + IT course with certificate
>$15.7K
>online shop, diverse administrative tasks